General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

been awhile

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 09:20 PM

been awhile

it been a while for me,,
it been about 2 months now, still no money form da d@mn insurance company, they still juggling it because my name isn;t on my car title and my name not on my insurance either, my bro bought the insurance, but he live at a diff address, anyway, hopes things will turn out ok, if thye do pay ill just take bout 400, since i spent about 200 on fixing the car and the extra 200, for the labor i put in, heheh my bro will the rest,

i just bought some tein tension rod, was gonna buy the traction rod and tein basic coilover too, but my other bro need to borrow the money to buy a car (civic).. so it will be even longer for me, o well,,, was planing on finisng my suspension mod, so i can go ahead and look for performance mod (sr dream)...

anyway for my suspension mod so far i got:
tein tie rods
tein tension rod (not installed yet)
plan on getting
watever brand traction rod (since anything is better than stock and beside im poor)
and tein basic coilover
what kind of strut bars and sway bar (rear) do u guys recommend?

it's snowing tonight, should i go out and drift in some parking lot? and how da hell ima do delivery tomorrow, so sad,, snow= bad for rwd...
Old 01-06-2005, 12:23 AM

yeah snow is bad for RWD but can't help the constant smiling though

hows the tein tie rods working for you. I bent mine and just hammered back to place so ill be needing to replace them once winter passes by. How is the difference over stock?
Old 01-06-2005, 11:17 PM

well ,,, u have more steering!! hhaha
the steert was extremely great and soft when i just had them on, but after a while they start stifening like the stocks, but u have greater steering angle, but if u put on the spacer they give u, there will be some rubbing, (not tire rubbing, but some metal sh*t i donno, but it's weird,) but beside that horrible sound when it rub, everything else is great, steer better, u can do U turns like a motha fawka on ice (exaggerating)
i highly recommend it, and if u need help with taking out ur old rod and replacing them, i can give u some info,,
(it took me 3 hours due to the fact that i had to saw 1 out, and torche the other one to get the sh*t off)
Old 01-07-2005, 09:19 AM

well my steering is pretty stiff right now since i couldn't bend the tie rod completly back straight. If i get a pair and have to install them would i have to use a torch and go through those difficulities too?

One more thing, how much were they and from where?. There are a pair from white line but they are 43 each..

Do i need both inner and outer tie rod ends or what

Thanks for the info man
Old 01-08-2005, 11:51 AM

depend on which brand u getting i recommend tein but with tein u need to use both the inner and outer for them to work, most brand would require that also unless they r oem or something...

tien is like 90 bucks for 2 inner(shipped) and another 90 for 2 outer(shipped), which adds up to 180 (if u r still at the calculator) i think u can find them on ebay for a bit cheaper, just go to tein.com and find out,,,

as for the installation, mine was f*ed up, so it was a pain to get out, maybe u'll have better luck with urs
o when u getting them out, there's a little clip where the boot covers, u need to take that sucker out, alot of ppl had difficulty because they didn;t even notice that thing, go do some research online and u'll see..

...any more question?...