General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Beware of boostdesigns

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 07:49 PM

Thumbs down Beware of boostdesigns

How do I start with such a terrible experience? At first I thought oh great I have found a turbo kit for the KA motor and it’s not over priced. Let me say right now that I wish I had never bought this turbo this has been the worst experience I have ever had the misfortune of being in. Let me summarize for those who don’t want to read this entire post. I would have rather paid $4000 and gotten an overly priced kit than to ever meet this Perry Oakley (what a jerk). He talks real nice to sucker you into buying from him and then never contacts you after he has your money. I am sure he is going to try to rip apart this post saying that it was never like this but I have the proof.

On 11/15/04 full payment was made on a turbo KIT. At first everything seemed to be going fine. On 11/11/04 I received this email:(parts started shipping yesterdat you should recieve pats monday of next week and thru out the week from my vendors i will send the final box of goodies at the end of next week when my injectors get in from RC engineering). In about a week I received a fuel rail and a downpipe. Then a week and an intercooler and another week and a turbo. On 11/30/04 I sent him an email saying :( Today I received a package with everything except the wastegate, blow-off valve, and all the 2.25'' I/C pipes). On 12/1/04 I received this email :(yes i am aware of the parts thats not in there they should be leaving today the shipment from my distributor was interrupted through the holidays). And again on 12/8/04 :(the I/C piping was shipped yesterday so they are in transit as we speak). Then suddenly on 12/16/04 :(we are witing on the next run of i/c piping to be completed the manufacturer is slowing down becouse of the holidays but they assure us the i/c piping will be finished shortly). And on 12/27/04 :(there closed today i think they will open on wednesday morning i will be back in the office tomorrow from christmas vacation i will notify you as soon as it leaves from the facility). Finally on 1/12/05 I received a package and emailed him (Today, 1/12/05, I received the I/C pipes but did not receive the BOV. I thought you said that the BOV would come with the I/C pipes; at the same time. And this was his response (they were suppose to put it in the box with it i will call them tomorrow and see). I have contacted PJ many times through email and by phone and have not gotten a response and feel lucky to have gotten any updates at all. As of today 1/29/05 I have not received the BOV. He has also not responded to the Pay Pal complaint and the Better Business Bureau complaint. He is acting like this elusive $45 BOV is the only one around. If you do decide to buy from this guy, be prepared to take legal action. I urge everyone to do their own investigating and buy from anyone else.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:47 PM

www.nizzx.com. Much better buisness to deal with. So is www.genxmuscle.com. F@$k Perey Oakley you scamming low baller, die b@$ch, die slow!
Old 01-30-2005, 03:23 AM
Contributing Member

hmmm... how are the parts? good quality? I'm not trying to make any excuses for that guy - never dealt with him so I can't say anything - but I do know that the Christmas rush can delay things.

However there's no excuse for the bad customer service, I agree with that.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:39 AM

so this entire complaint is for a 45 dollar bov????

Seems like an overreaction, but maybee i dont know the entire story? Are the parts as described? how much was the kit?

Sorry to hear your troubles.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:58 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by needa240
so this entire complaint is for a 45 dollar bov????

Seems like an overreaction, but maybee i dont know the entire story? Are the parts as described? how much was the kit?

Sorry to hear your troubles.
I think it's a little more than that. Personally if I were to order a turbo "kit" I'd expect it to come to my doorstep COMPLETE... not piece by piece.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:25 AM

and then you have some people who are sometimes blind to what may be the truth
http://ka-t.org/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/...pic.php?t=2174
Old 02-07-2005, 08:39 AM

I totally feel for you man...Im probably the most impatient guy in the world. Did BD tell you it was going to take about 4months to receive all your stuff? If not, they shouldve mentioned that it might take awhile to get everything. then maybe your wait wouldnt have been so bad.

and i agree with Raine. if i order a "kit" ... send me the complete kit. dont tease me with a glimpse of whats coming ;-p
Old 02-07-2005, 11:43 PM

i guess the only kit you really need to buy is an all around legal attack kit. "includes scum sucking lawyer who will die on your behalf if you lose the suit!"
Old 02-08-2005, 12:13 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by SlickSX
I totally feel for you man...Im probably the most impatient guy in the world. Did BD tell you it was going to take about 4months to receive all your stuff? If not, they shouldve mentioned that it might take awhile to get everything. then maybe your wait wouldnt have been so bad.

and i agree with Raine. if i order a "kit" ... send me the complete kit. dont tease me with a glimpse of whats coming ;-p
This is why whenever I buy something I ALWAYS make sure it's in stock (complete, of course) before I hand any $ over
Old 02-09-2005, 11:57 AM

I mean, If he has a buisness, he should ahve some items in stock, like a ware house, a inventory, something. But no, he's like" ok let me start making calls and order this and that". Now remember you paid a lot less than the Greedy kit. So if its late or something, something got to give. Now it still ridiculous to send you one part and then the other. My best Recomendation is for him to have a box with everything he sells in the kit, and then bum deliver the whole GD thing. He saves a lot on shipping to.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Joel SX
I mean, If he has a buisness, he should ahve some items in stock, like a ware house, a inventory, something. But no, he's like" ok let me start making calls and order this and that". Now remember you paid a lot less than the Greedy kit. So if its late or something, something got to give. Now it still ridiculous to send you one part and then the other. My best Recomendation is for him to have a box with everything he sells in the kit, and then bum deliver the whole GD thing. He saves a lot on shipping to.
to me, it kinda sounds like the guy just has wholesale deals on seperate parts, then sells them as a "kit" when in actuality he probably doesn't have any COMPLETE kits in stock. Who knows
Old 02-09-2005, 04:52 PM

to me it sounds like this guy is *****ing WAAYY too much.

Like you said.....he would SAVE money on shipping if he waited and shipped at once, but instead he seems to be doing the best he can, and is paying for shipping whenever he gets the parts.

I don't know...... just my first impression
Old 02-09-2005, 05:46 PM

on a related note, i ordered my turbo kit for the GSR from www.landspeedracing.com on 1/10/05. paid with discover ($3400). i've made one phone call since and requested a BOM sent to me via email.....result, no email.

then i called today and their number is not in service, they told me 2-3 weeks. Personally, as long as i'm informed of the status, i don't have any problems...........should i be worried?..........has anyone else dealt with www.landspeedracing.com?
Old 02-10-2005, 06:00 PM

kinda sounds like you got screwed......

HOWEVER....at least you paid with credit card....Keep track of everything and report this to your credit card company.... I think they will give you your money back and go after them....thats why I always use cc on the net.