General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

brand new to 240sx...and to japanese cars all together

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 07:50 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Sil40_Mayhem
either way is fine. the only time u would need to designate 'redtop' or 'blacktop' is w/the S13 SR. the terms 'S14 SR' or 'S15 SR' should be self-explanatory.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:47 PM

s14 sr...there you go...

is there a certain order i should do things in???

i want a clean *** engine bay...should i get the thing repainted as i pull the engine for a swap??

i want a clean as hell engine bay..

should i do all the body work....get some paint from the store and paint over the spots that were fixed temporarily..until i get a get...then put the kit..and ans14 front end conversion on....repaint the whole car...???
Old 10-14-2003, 07:01 AM
Contributing Member

you can do it in whatever order. Logically, the best time to wipe down and clean and perhaps repaint the engine bay if when everything is out, dropping in another KA or SR won't cause any damage to the paint as long as it's dry.
If you want a clean as hell engine bay, there are 2 definitions of "clean". Clean meaning your wipe it down and it always look detailed like mine, or "clean" meaning simple. You can relocate most things to make your engine bay look swEEt like this. I just uploaded it to my website so you can see it.

A clean looking engine bay definately kicks ***. There are better one's than this, it was the first one I could find.

Hope that helped

Dr.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:36 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by drnovascotia
you can do it in whatever order. Logically, the best time to wipe down and clean and perhaps repaint the engine bay if when everything is out, dropping in another KA or SR won't cause any damage to the paint as long as it's dry.
If you want a clean as hell engine bay, there are 2 definitions of "clean". Clean meaning your wipe it down and it always look detailed like mine, or "clean" meaning simple. You can relocate most things to make your engine bay look swEEt like this. I just uploaded it to my website so you can see it.

A clean looking engine bay definately kicks ***. There are better one's than this, it was the first one I could find.

Hope that helped

Dr.
clean?? damn, that beeyotch is damn near C.D.C. level!!
Old 10-14-2003, 11:28 AM

well i dont mean clean as in simple

how much should a 1995 240sx go for?

i live in canada and use canadian dollars...but about what should i be paying for an auto 240sx LE (triple checked) with an exhaust (not just a tip) and lowered (with god knows what parts)

as soon as i get it i want to take some pics of the under body to post and maybe someone can tell me what kinda suspension it has.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:48 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by fist
well i dont mean clean as in simple

how much should a 1995 240sx go for?

i live in canada and use canadian dollars...but about what should i be paying for an auto 240sx LE (triple checked) with an exhaust (not just a tip) and lowered (with god knows what parts)

as soon as i get it i want to take some pics of the under body to post and maybe someone can tell me what kinda suspension it has.
while i can't be sure what the figure would be in canadian currency, my best guess is that they would go for anything between $3500 (with some problems) to about $6000 (super kleen, super low miles) american. of course, that's just a ballpark figure. i've personally seen them cheaper and more expensive...
Old 10-14-2003, 11:50 AM

i think the LE became availbable in 97 while this is a 95 and as you said its say LE right on it. like i said before i may be wrong. hopefully someone with more experiece can asnwer this. did they have the 240sx LE in 95 or not? its good to know cause if it turns out its not a LE you can maybe try to get it for less
Old 10-14-2003, 12:01 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by polishmafia4u
i think the LE became availbable in 97 while this is a 95 and as you said its say LE right on it. like i said before i may be wrong. hopefully someone with more experiece can asnwer this. did they have the 240sx LE in 95 or not? its good to know cause if it turns out its not a LE you can maybe try to get it for less
here's a review site that i found that mentions that the LE came out in '95. i dunno if it broke down what the trim difference was (as i was too lazy to read it). anyway, hope u find it useful.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articl...89-98240sx.htm
Old 10-14-2003, 12:29 PM

All '95 240s came pretty much loaded: dual airbags, power door locks, windows and mirrors, CFC-free air conditioning, AM/FM cassette, cruise control and alloy wheels. The LE added 16-inch wheels (versus 15-inchers on the SE), high-performance all-season radials, front and rear spoilers, fog lights, leather upholstery and black-on-white gauges. The LE also came with front AND rear stabilizer bars and firmer shock setting for better handling.
that is something i found just after skimming thru the link you posted....i'll check if it has 16 inch wheels...i know its got leather.

one thing is...everytime i saw a nice car...i'd look in and see if its auto or manual and if i saw it was auto id be like...ew...that sucks...but i dunno...driving this car will be better than driving a tempo...heh

i am gonna be getting it for about 4 thousand canadian...i drove it already and it's not pulling left or right or making any noises when i steer....its tranny is smooth...under the hood is clean...no signs of any oil leaks or anything.

did these cars come with an alarm??? cuz this one has an alarm and i dont know if it came with it or if its an aftermaket alarm...\

the trunk button thing on the floor beside my seat didnt open the trunk..but thats something easily fixed i think. it DID open the gas tank..but not the trunk. it has a little bit of rust and i believe it's been repainted. some signs of rust on the hood and on the right rear theres a bubble which i figure is rusted underneath.

i dont have any problems taking it in and getting the body completely fixed up...not that there is all that much to it..

also...that site you posted...my headlights dont look like that...i can't wait to drive this thing....i'm gonna be out all night for the first few days...weeks even..hehehe
Old 10-14-2003, 01:07 PM
Contributing Member

about the headlights... that's actually a pic of a 97-98 (which i posted somewhere that about the only difference between those and 95-96 were the headlights and tail lights). a lot of online sites like those make that mistake (although the printed info is usually right on target). about the auto thing, what u'll find, the longer u hang around 240's, is that starting w/the 95 manual tranny 240's became more and more scarce. as the luxury and convenience options increased, the numbers of manuals decreased. right now, probably the most rare and hard to find 240 would be a 97-98 in manual form (they made even fewer 97-98 models than they did 95-96; and there were increasingly more autos). as far as the alarm thing? beats the hell outta me. i'm pretty sure that 240's didn't come stock w/alarms (as i've never heard of it). then again, like always, i could be wrong...
Old 10-14-2003, 01:54 PM

Originally posted by Sil40_Mayhem
here's a review site that i found that mentions that the LE came out in '95. i dunno if it broke down what the trim difference was (as i was too lazy to read it). anyway, hope u find it useful.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articl...89-98240sx.htm
Sil40: gracias my friend . Fist: looks like i was wrong
Old 10-14-2003, 02:09 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by polishmafia4u
Sil40: gracias my friend . Fist: looks like i was wrong
de nada, mi amigo!
Old 10-14-2003, 03:42 PM

its ok man you've been really helpfull still

i can't wait to drive it...i'm dying to drive it
i wanna be in it driving right now...all night..mannnnn...

is there a place on my car to put the clutch??? or is there going to have to be all kinds of modifying and ****??

edit***

by clutch i meant clutch pedal. will it look and like a normal clutch pedal would?

Last edited by fist; 10-14-2003 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-14-2003, 06:23 PM
Contributing Member

its ok man you've been really helpfull still

i can't wait to drive it...i'm dying to drive it
i wanna be in it driving right now...all night..mannnnn...

is there a place on my car to put the clutch??? or is there going to have to be all kinds of modifying and ****??

edit***

by clutch i meant clutch pedal. will it look and like a normal clutch pedal would?
this is the closest i can give u for an answer:

http://www.**********/links/installs/s14_5speed_swap.htm

hope it helps...
Old 10-14-2003, 06:52 PM

thats some good ****...

i cant wait to go driving...its raining now..i love to drive in the rain...it's so calming.

how is the stock alternator for stereo systems...

i dont wanna kill the alternator...should i get a capacitor?

Quick Reply: brand new to 240sx...and to japanese cars all together