General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Can a human being actually fit in the back seat?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2002, 09:33 PM

Angry Can a human being actually fit in the back seat?

I'm really pissed. I thought I had it all figured out. But, I now realize that backseats can be a good thing. And now I look at my prospective 240SX, and I realize a human being wouldnt want to sit back there.

Is there any way for a human being to sit in the back seat of the 240 SX? I love this car to death, but, the backseat is obscenely small.
Old 09-14-2002, 10:08 PM
Contributing Member

sorry "mr. slob" but it is almost impossible for a human being to ride if fthe back seat of your soon to be 240. what a worthless waste foam,cloth,nuts and bolts. this is why i have removed mine.

along with the carpet pass. seat, trunk/hatch panels, seat belts and that rear hatch light.

damn heavy-*** hatch light!
Old 09-15-2002, 10:44 AM
Contributing Member

Who cares if anyone can fit there. It makes a damn good shelf for stuff. I don't understand why people take them out it only weighs like 10 lbs tops, I'd much rather have a place to hold my MD collection.
Old 09-15-2002, 07:18 PM
Contributing Member

i personally do not like more than one passanger in my cars. as for weight savings goes, i'm tryin to lose every pound possibe. in the long run most of it will be back due to saftey equipment anyway but if you got a music collection that big it almost souns like time for a "custom MD holder" you said shelf!!
i guess i'll use my passanger seat as my shelf
Old 09-15-2002, 09:26 PM
Contributing Member

Custom stuff just gets stolen. I just keep them in a small bag with the seat belt through a loop
Old 09-16-2002, 12:35 AM
Contributing Member

simple is always best when it comes to cars. unless you have a skyline.

atleast you dont have to dig under your seat at a light to change disks
Old 09-18-2002, 08:54 PM
Regulate

The 240 can fit 2 large ppl or 4 rather small humans. 5 humans if you count the trunk. I've never tried it. However, every time I cram 4 people into my car, its been uncomfortable for everyone.

I think the most comfortable for all while fitting the most ppl is 3. one taller passenger in the front seat, a small person behind, and me. Nobody behind the drivers seat cuz I need my space.

I'm actually glad to have a backseat. Being a college student, there are times when I need to transport more than one person. Plus, its always a good place to throw stuff.
Old 09-18-2002, 09:39 PM
Nzo

I agree, i hate people riding in my cars. Thats why the back seats go first **** if you want a ride, catch a bus. Just throw some buckets back there; perfect storage space hehe
Old 09-18-2002, 10:02 PM
Contributing Member

if its that important to have i'll just pull over to grab it. especially since it'll be rollin around on bare floor
i like the light feelin of no passangers on my car. its bad enough my car feels slow as ****, let alone havin 300 and change pounds of extra people in there.

i travel light

as hell
Old 09-19-2002, 05:55 AM
Contributing Member

I like the feeling of having the backseat, as Jaime Foxx said, "Just In Case...."

Just In Case I Meet Two girls, maybe three, and I can live my fantasy, The back seat will be needed to transport them
(BTW My girl shouldn't know about that comment, hee hee)
Just in Case I needed an extra dresser, its there

See two perfect examples of why its good to have a back seat.
Old 09-19-2002, 03:08 PM
Contributing Member

My back seat is useless. I have to drive with my seat all the way back for my legs to fit. That puts my seatback flush with the back seat. That would leave 1/4 inch for someone’s legs. Good luck.

No run rides in my back. I like just showing people the backseat and seeing their faces.
Old 09-19-2002, 03:50 PM
Contributing Member

You actually enjoy lifting the seat up and showing everyone what is under there. THe nest of wires that no one has no clue what the wires do, oh well, there goes another one. ...
Old 09-19-2002, 05:07 PM
Contributing Member

like i said before... its the perfect car for u and your girl... lots of leg space if no one else is with u .... i prefer no one sit in the back... its hard to drive fast with like 300 lbs in the back seats...
Old 09-19-2002, 08:10 PM
Contributing Member

I've taken my back seat out recently, and I don't even think its 10lbs. lol Yea mine does a good job of holding my CD's.........but believe it or not I actually squeeze ppl back there form time to time. Ya know, when its your turn to drive its your turn to drive....
Old 09-19-2002, 10:30 PM
Contributing Member

it's always my turn to drive

stanbo, whats with the nest?

Quick Reply: Can a human being actually fit in the back seat?