General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

CUSTOM made FLOOR MATS for the S14!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 03:00 PM
Former Sponsor

CUSTOM made FLOOR MATS for the S14!

We (RedlineGoods, www.redlinegoods.com - known by many here for our genuine leather shift boots) have found a great source for custom made floor mats for our cars!

I was basically sick and tired of my dirty, always moving around and nasty looking floor mats and got in touch with a shop that makes them at a reasonable cost.

Before I give you all the facts, pics, etc. I'd like to explain the purpose of this post. I'd like to know if you'd be interested in getting a set like that for your car and if yes, what's the range you'd expect them to be priced at. My questions are below the pictures, please spare a minute to chime in your opinion.

Product features:

1) Made from plush fabric that really stands out in the interior of my car (see pictures below). It's MUCH nicer than the stock carpets below them. They made a lot of difference in the interior and I've received great comments about them already.

2) THICK, rubber-backed for added durability, they are A LOT thicker than stock and they WILL last much longer.

3) Once you put them down, they WON'T MOVE - featuring a non-skid backing texture of the rubber. Not to mention the shape, enhanced in comparison to stockers to fill the compartment and wedge behind and around other elements for extra grab (ie. the indent on the reat mats directed towards the doors and wedging the mat even tighter against the front seat).

4) EXTRA DURABILITY of the driver's mat: a thick cushion located directly where our heels usually wear out the thin stock mats in no time. These are built to last!

5) CUSTOMIZABLE - we can ditch the NISSAN logo if you don't want it or replace it with another color. We'll be working on providing other logos as well in future.

Pictures:

These were taken with a flash-light, which always brings out any differences in colors of adjacent objects - contrary to what the pics suggest, these are A DEAD ON match for my carpets. I'll try to take some daylight pics tomorrow.

Driver's mat. Notice the strenghtening patch for the heels.

Passenger's mat. A little dirty, I know.

Rear driver's side mat. Background is the backing of the driver's mat, notice the rubber backing and it's texture, making it virtually impossible for the mat to move around. Also note the indentation that wedges behind driver's seat.

Here's how the indentation fits the car (which is perfect in my book).

More in-car pictures. Enjoy!

My questions:

1) Interested? If no, why not?

2) How much would you be willing to spend to get these SHIPPED to your house?

3) If you want to buy them now, here's a link to our eBay auction for these (we'll see if anybody besides us prefers stuff that's custom made for the car to the generic items sold there for pennies LOL).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7986385863

Thank you!
Maciek
Old 07-11-2005, 07:13 PM

will the armrest cover for the s14 fit on an s13?
Old 07-11-2005, 07:50 PM
Contributing Member

make em for the s13 and im in.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:19 PM

I might be interested if you can put '240SX' like the stock mats. In other words can you replicate stock mats. I also have a green S14 so can you make green mats.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Contributing Member

as said over at zilvia.net

KAROISM!!!!
Old 07-11-2005, 10:52 PM

I vote for 240sx on the mats, nice job!
Old 07-11-2005, 11:12 PM

Those look really nice. I might be interested in buying a set if they were available for s13's for somewhere inbetween 20 to 40 dollars.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:18 PM

agreed on the 240sx. I would want a replica black on black. Pricing I'd say around 15-40 depending on material. Leather would be nice. BUT, would it fit over the little plug that the stock mats do? (will it have the hole like the s14 mats?)
Old 07-12-2005, 01:28 AM

thats pimp, maybe instead of the nissan logo, i wouldnt mind it saying s14 instead, thats IMO of course
Old 07-12-2005, 05:59 AM
Contributing Member

Looks good.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:13 PM

I'd also be in for a set if you made some for the s13.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Contributing Member

WOW. Thats SO funny that you posted this, because I've been DYING to get some floor mats that wouldn't move under my feet, and were extra plush. Problem for me is the blue stitching. If it came in Red, or regular White, I'd be ALL FOR IT. I definitely would love a mix of style and comfort. My stock floor mats are beat to death, so I don't really feel like replacing them with anything right now, but I would DEFINITELY buy these for a decent price, if the requirements were met...

I know you guys can't just custom make stuff like that for individuals, but wow, I'd definetly get some if the color of the stitched letters were a different color. Stupid consumers...right? Lol.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Contributing Member

i would buy if u made for the S13...these mats will grab just as good on metal as the carpet?...and what would the price be?
Old 07-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Contributing Member

like them a lot...either 240sx or s14 stitched i nthere would be cool.

$15-$40 for sure

dark grey or what ever
Old 07-13-2005, 02:18 PM

Yeah I would buy if they were red or white stitching. And possibly not like the patch style that is on there right now. Also maybe the 3 stripe NISMO logo that we see today maybe good.

Quick Reply: CUSTOM made FLOOR MATS for the S14!