General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

DAMN is it just me or did the biggest idiot bandwagon hit us 240 owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 12:20 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Jack The GTR
its funny reading through this thread and seeing all the >200 post and 2005 join date kids saying they arent part of the fad yet one guy that said hes anti -rice and anti noob also has 240sx+sr20det=silvia in his profile.

L-O-L bite me nooblets
ouch
Old 11-14-2005, 12:29 PM
Contributing Member

You're all a bunch of bandwagon jumping ricers in my opinion. I am cooler than all of you.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:47 PM
Contributing Member

1. Just because some of us joined in '05 has no impact on the way we present our selves.
2. I was a noob once, and I asked a lot of questions, and annoyed the **** out of a lot of guys.
3. I ALSO, did a lot of research behind the scenes and taught myself a lot of ****.

I research everything now, only thing i still can't grasp is offset, but w/e thats only rims, there is so much more.

I have seen the light.
I thought I could drift b/c i could do it in games, and I knew how, and i watched the drift bible like 4 times. LOL
-WRONG-
I tried going wayy too fast, hit the breaks b/c i was scared, countersteered way to much, then came about 3 ft. from a bunch of trees.

Let me tell you, if there is anyone here that has come to their senses; its me. I'm 16 1/2, like S13 said, he doesn't mind younger members, however we tend to be nieve at first; some never grow up.
The last thing i need is you guys flaming and what not, thats what happens when a hormonaly charges teen gets cocky.
I have learned to have the UTMOST respect for my car and its powers, i have not attempted anything stupid since. When it rains, i now take it out to an empty parking lot and try to control in low-speed conditions. I'm working my way up from the bottom, i still con't understand why i thoughti was the ****.

Anwho, enough of that.

I also can't wait to come out of FF3 and hop in my 240 ... i just hope ppl around here don't try to steal it ... no alarm, to poor to buy one.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:02 PM
Contributing Member

I agree with cape... I'm about the same age as him and am still learning to drive my car...

Being that my first car is a sr20det powered... i know i need to learn how to drive it. I will not be the gay highschool kid that races around and wraps his car around a tree at 17...

I dont mind newbies... but its getting ridiculous... so many new members, and none NONE of them search. I see Bryan closing threads all the time, and more keep coming. I spent (more time than i should ever had) searching and reading posts on here, zilvia, sr20forums and others. I also met some good guys in the area that i learned Amazing amounts of sh*t from... New members need to get out and actually work on their cars first, search, and then ask questions....

oh, cape - hit me up on aim sometime and i'll explain the offset to you... the best i can
Old 11-14-2005, 08:13 PM

I have had my 95 240 since 2000 when I bought it from its only owner with 27,000mi. Back then there wasn't really anywhere to turn to get infromation or advice about the 240 except the 240sx Car Club of America (**********). They used to have a chat and a tech forum for 240sx owners to help each other out. This is what these forums are about.
I totally agree that a lot of the threads new-b's make just clutter the website. Moderators should probably be a little more involved in this. But I don't understand why so many people are upset when you have no obligation to post in the threads which you think are a waste of time. If you don't want to help the person out, don't. I think a little patience should be afforded to the new-b's and anyone else who is looking for advice.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:26 PM

This is going to make everyone really happy but F&F 3 is going to be called Tokyo Drift for those of you who didn't know. If I where you guys i wouldn't drive my 240 to go and see that all the ricers will be going crazy trying to drift there FF civics.
My opion on the noobs saying that i am one(i am 18) and have just gotten my first 240 the first thing i did was read on this forum for like 2 months, I think that people who are new to this site and just sign up shouldn't be alowed to post anything for like the first 30 days or something.
thats my 2 cents
Justin
Old 11-14-2005, 08:33 PM
Contributing Member

^ good ideas... yea, i definaetly wont be bringing my car to ff3... waste of time and money
Old 11-14-2005, 08:48 PM

Originally posted by ORL240
But I don't understand why so many people are upset when you have no obligation to post in the threads which you think are a waste of time. If you don't want to help the person out, don't. I think a little patience should be afforded to the new-b's and anyone else who is looking for advice.
I think you missed the point.
There is an expression that wise men use "silence is golden".
Now I'm not here to take it out of text, but to me that means if you don't have something smart to say don't say anything at all.
Alot of people arent being silent, but rather (Annoying). Nothing gained and nothing learned is more like it. All these kids that have something to post that don't own a 240 and ask these questions really boggles me, they took no time at all to search for the TRUTH... Is society today really that retarded, do american schools not teach kids any more to research and develop. I mean seriously what depresses me about this whole damn thing is that kids don't even want to read books, but would rather just want to believe what some one tells them these days(kinda like a short 30second comercial).
The most retarded thing I can read in these forums that I see the most is.........
Hey should I buy a 240?
Now when I read the title to a thread like that I would rather not respond, OBVIOUSLY it is a 240sx forum and there will be biased opinion to begin with so it is the inevetable join the bandwagon answers.
Other titles I hate seeing...
should I get a older or newer 240???????

(Kinda like what car is most popular in smart mans terms)

SAY WHAT!!!!!!!! Buy what ever the Fuc$ you want riding on JDM **** to think you are sooooo awsome.... Do you kids these days really have low self asteem that you have to get the most popular 240sx that exist in that little inferior mind of yours????? Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is that society today is going down the shiater if that is what these Q&A's are coming down to.
I joined these forums to gain knowledge on technical info which lately I have begun to see less and less of..........
Old 11-14-2005, 08:53 PM

IT's our dutty to edumacate the masses jk
Old 11-14-2005, 09:25 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by BigVinnie

All I can say is that society today is going down the shiater if that is what these Q&A's are coming down to.
I joined these forums to gain knowledge on technical info which lately I have begun to see less and less of..........
AMEN TO THAT ONE!!! Example: WTF happened to those aweome NA threads you guys had??? All I see is freakin intake threads and SR bandwaganers (No offense to anyone that has one). Wheres the forum application? GETRDONE! Man this thread is good...
Old 11-14-2005, 10:25 PM

Originally posted by Jack The GTR
its just like how SRT-4 owners are all labeled dip****s because of a few owners who are dicks. my friend chris got his 05 SRT like a week ago and loves the **** out of it but no one gives you the nod like how evo/sti people always wave or rev at us (evo/sti friend combo ftw)

wow i went off topic but **** it ive already made my point in this thread
Yeah, it sucks. My friend Kevin and I took our local SRT-4 club down to the BMS meet, a local car club which is predominantly 240's, because they were ****talking SRT-4's on their forum and we wanted to make peace. They were really chill with us, and then on their forums that night they were all posting up agreement in a new thread started by some guy who called me a ricer because my car has a blow-off valve and I happened to shift as I left the parking lot. It's sad that people can't just chill out and treat different cars and different styles of modding with respect. STi's and Evo's generally give us the nod, though I'm usually waving first because I wish I could have bought an Evo instead of the SRT-4.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:40 PM

Just think about me, dudes.

I plan on buying a new(old) 240 next September to start on my first 'to complete/money dropping' project. There is a part of me that's going to hate everything about this movie and I don't want to have no luck finding a good one.

;(
Old 11-15-2005, 02:55 AM

Originally posted by Shri222
IT's our dutty to edumacate the masses jk
It's not our duty however to tell noobs what to do with their cars or bottle feed them everything.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:12 AM
Contributing Member

holy crap, when the hell did the 240 crowd turn into a bunch of whiny ***** *** little pansies? If you don't like noobs asking stupid questions, ignore them~ simple as that. There is no other course of action that would require less effort.

It's like that jackass blasting music next to you on the bus. It's a free country and you can do whatever the fugg you want. If you don't like it, then tough ****~ go somewhere else. Or else go find yourself some wood. Build a bridge, and get over it.

As for all this newb bashing, I call bs on that too. Y'all gotta understand that it's all relative. There isn't like a "level" of knowledge that you attain about 240's and then suddenly you're not a newb anymore (with rare exceptions)~ there will always be somebody else with better skills than you, more knowledge than you, and yes, you are a noob compared to him/her (unless you happen to be THE one)

As for the "times getting worse" and "society going down the shietter" I'm sorry, unless you're over the age of 60~ I don't believe you. What is the average age of a club240 member? somewhere between 20 and 30 for my best guess. which also means if you plan on living any sort of fruitful life, you still have at least half your life ahead of you. You ever hear your parents or grand-parents utter the phrase "kids these days" yeah, that's what they used to say about US when we were kids.

I keep reading about all you 18-20 somethings saying I've learned this, I've learned that, well that's crap too. All you've figured out is that you actually aren't invincible and you too can get hurt doing stupid **** in your car. How many of you have actually crashed a car (no, not dented, no not dented my bumper, no not got into a lil accident) from speeding (on the track or otherwise)? I got news for you~ if you haven't yet, it's going to happen sooner or later. EVERYBODY crashes or at least focks up their car. Schumi, Keiichi, Nobu~ whoever the hell, you name him he's been there. If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.

I can whole-heartedly understand ppl getting frustrated at noobs wanting to get spoon-fed, but then again people have to start learning somewhere. If they're expecting for us to just give definitive right answers every time, then they're just being ignorant. Ignorance is prevalent everywhere, and you can't really blame the ignoramuses themselves because they don't know any better.

Ignore them, what's the worse that could happen? They figure out nobody's going to tell them and God-forbid-they'll have to put a little bit more effort into finding out answers for themselves (assuming they want to know bad enough)

C'mon people, what is the one reason we all gather here? because we love our cars. Regardless of the reasons why, this is what brings us together.

*edit* my own personal 2 bits...

Last edited by CowboyTurbo; 11-15-2005 at 06:17 AM.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:38 AM

^^ i completely agree. U R my hero.

We were all noobs one way or another so it's ultimately your decision to read or not to read.. or to post or not to post. It's not their fault they get on your nerves. But you have the freewill to ignore threads like i do. *especially about threads that i have no clue about*

Another thing.. have you tried searching these days? Even if you type sr20det you'll get endless amount of threads talking mostly about babble and many many posts saying "SEARCH!!!!"... i've become a search master and i still can't seem to find what i need.

My last point would be that sifting through old threads can also be obsolete. Some of the information on really old threads don't really hold up now ie. company profiles, products that are discontinued and links that are dead. And also i could remember threads where *ahem* some users contradicted what they said or completely gave some WRONG information. Yes they do exist on these forums and i could give you proof.

I think the logical answer to this would be to have a "newbie section" like That OTHER forum. That way bigvinnie and co. can completely filter out the "annoying ones" and we can stop reading useless threads that really helps no one. Ironic indeed.

sometimes I find big ego's more annoying than newbies. I'm sympathetic cuz we're all newbies in one way or another.

and as far as the bandwagon goes.. I used to be a honda guy so.. no comment. But i will tell you that hondas and nissans are like apples and oranges.. so u should expect questions nevertheless.

Last edited by KeN VeRsUs RyU; 11-15-2005 at 07:00 AM.

Quick Reply: DAMN is it just me or did the biggest idiot bandwagon hit us 240 owners