General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

DAMN is it just me or did the biggest idiot bandwagon hit us 240 owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 06:57 AM
Contributing Member

For myself, as long as the person will search on their own and make what I consider to be a decent attempt, I will lend them a hand. If not then I tell them that the KA24DE motor is a 1.8 B series turbocharged engine and that it's really rare to find one so they should jump at any car that has one.

Also about the inter-car-class relationships... people tend to like certain cars only because their used to them. They give no consideration that other cars can be just as fast or faster than their car in some aspects. As an example I know a kid that has a low 12 sec Neon. It looks clean-cut too with decent black rims and a simple color scheme of yellow and carbon fiber. However he says that he takes a lot of crap constantly because it's a neon. Meanwhile i'd imagine that the kid criticing his car barely knowns how to hang a exhaust. Some people just need to realize that practically any car can be fun as long as you put the work into it and that what is sterotipically true of cars in stock form begins to vanish if they are modified properly.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:03 AM

^^ yeah that's why completely ignorant people need to learn the real meaning of the term "RICE". Kids these days see a spoiler or a lip and scream "RICE!!!!!!!!!".
Old 11-15-2005, 10:15 AM
Contributing Member

noobs are going to happen

i was once a noob (prolly still am one) my fav. car used to be a gsx just like in FF i learned threw reading car mags all the time what rice was... my first car was a '73 vw that i loved i learned alot about cars with that and i was happy to know i was the only kid in HS with a bug i sold that and bought a s13 because noone had one and it was uber tyte yo i soon found that i loved driving fast and around corners so i fell in love with this car.

many people may buy a 240 to drift but they soon will learn drifting isnt like need for speed underground it takes skill most of these fad kids will either hit something or make it i try not to hate becasue i was once a noob but there are limitations lol

i think we just need to teach some of theese ff guys how to drift and give them the respect there looking for from the fr guys
Old 11-15-2005, 01:06 PM

Yes I'm a "noob" but I didnt get my car just to ATTACK THE UBER COOL TYTE DRIFTINGO CORNERZ

Bright side: if like you said all the FNF inspired drifters wreck there cars and kill themselves...it's like natural selection. And there will be more cars getting parted out.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:26 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by nightkid86
Yes I'm a "noob" but I didnt get my car just to ATTACK THE UBER COOL TYTE DRIFTINGO CORNERZ

Bright side: if like you said all the FNF inspired drifters wreck there cars and kill themselves...it's like natural selection. And there will be more cars getting parted out.
...more being crushed, and less to be built, just be better if people didnt buy them int he first place
Old 11-15-2005, 04:51 PM
Contributing Member

for the most part this was pretty entertaining to read. i cant really remember how much i asked when i joined , but then again i had already built a few cars in the past. i dont mind answering questions, and like cowboy said if i think its stupid i just dont get involved.

as for jumping on the bandwagon i always wanted a black hatch 240, dont get me wrong i wasnt really thinking of it as a drift car or doing a swap. i just thought they looked cool. of course my first was a white coupe s13, which i sold to buddy to finally get the black one. anyways i did my swap cause i thought i would be better off with a somewhat newer motor due to the fact that the black one had no motor. i was wrong cause later i realized i would rather have a ka. i dont drift, dont care to. im not on a bandwagon, i own a mustang cobra for a daily driver. i dont even care if its an import, domestic, or european. if i like it i want it. simple.

sometimes i wish i didnt have my 240, it
sucks all my money away.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:54 PM
Contributing Member

as for joining: i joined 03 which was like a
year or 2 after i got my first 240.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:57 PM

Originally posted by CowboyTurbo

C'mon people, what is the one reason we all gather here? because we love our cars. Regardless of the reasons why, this is what brings us together.

I live in Orlando, FL. Anyone that lives out here can tell you about the silvia/240 banwagon going on here ( if you don't beleive me check out floridadrift.com). That doesn't mean I'm going to get pissed off whenever I see another 240 on the road, riced out or not. On the contrary I would probably try to talk to them to see if they have any interesting experience with their cars that might help some day with my 240.

Cowboy and K vs R are totally right.

Big Vin in spanish we have a saying that is very similar to what you are trying to say, which I agree with. It goes " children speak when hens ****"; "los niños hablan cuando las gallinas mean". What this means is children (new-b's in this case), generally being immature and ignorant, don't have a right to speak when adults are speaking, since chickens don't urinate. Like you said Bigvin, if you don't have anything fruitful to add don't say anything at all. Young people generally shoot off whatever they have on they're mind without thinking. But this is something that goes on in all cultures and is more a human nature bit than a problem with our society.

My mom always told me "a stupid question deserves a stupid answer".
Old 11-15-2005, 06:50 PM
Contributing Member

Everytime someones see's my 240 i get the ? " You got an sr20 in there!" And as usual i say no. I try to tell them that ka-t has more potential but they disagree and think the sr is the greatest thing ever to hit a 240 but w/e.

I personally think that we well get a very bad name. 240s will be known as **** and you will start to see alot of them in the junkyard.

We cant do anything about it. It's going to happen. I probably still am a newb but i have learned a **** load being here for as little time as i have been. It's all a learning process and newbs need to go through it. Everyone does. If you just expect everyone to know everything no one would own one lol.

I'll probably go see it the 1st night and i imagin the graphix will be ****, they could atleast get real drifting in there. And i bet alot of tickets and insurance rates will jump after the release of that movie.

After everything said, let it be and know that atleast you were here before the bandwagon hit. You like your car for wat it is not what was shown on the big screen. It will never be the civic and hopefully Nissan doesn't get a bad rep like alot of the cars have

nissan
Old 11-15-2005, 07:01 PM

I will tell you one thing, all you guys getting let off for drifting in parking lots, etc., will not be getting off very easily with Officer Pigsby and co. after this film is released.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:02 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by IMPerfection
I will tell you one thing, all you guys getting let off for drifting in parking lots, etc., will not be getting off very easily with Officer Pigsby and co. after this film is released.
noobie
Old 11-15-2005, 08:40 PM
Contributing Member

not arguing with u, but agreeing

but you finally realize this now?

been gone for a LONG TIME but now im back =]
Old 11-15-2005, 08:42 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by silviadriver
not arguing with u, but agreeing

but you finally realize this now?

been gone for a LONG TIME but now im back =]
who me
Old 11-15-2005, 11:18 PM

New guy doesn't mean stupid guy

I joined this forum just a couple of weeks ago. I have never been involved in a forum or realized to research anything. Does this make me an idiot? No. It means that I didn't have any knowledge about it. Big Vin, I'm sorry if you see the same questions from new people. Then just don't answer. You don't have ti blast someone just because they are new. And I'm not 16. I am 24, change my own oil, rotate tires, water pumps, brakes, power steering pump, altenators, starters, batteries, intake systems, and helped on a few motor big block motor swaps. I personally have no problem helping anyone I know with anything I can do for them and their car problems if it will save them a couple bucks. So I come from a muscle car background, believing Japanese cars sucked until about 2 years ago, in a Hot Rod magazine article where they bought a 240 on ebay, put in a $2K motor and had it running low 13's. That's when Japanese cars and Nissans in particular earned my respect. I didn't come to this forum because I don't know anything about the 240, the SR20det, or the rb26. I came to find out your opinons since you guys have done various things to your cars already and have much more experience with them than I do. I didn't realize that Japanese car enthusiasts would blast me for asking their opinions on ****. A muscle car guy would never do that. I appreciate anything that's fast and handles, not because it's a fad but because it's an adrenaline rush. So thanks for the ******* and I'll find someone else to ask simple questions to.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:00 AM
Contributing Member

lol, what have we started... don't bash on Big V too much, he really does give out more useful info around here than most of us. This in turn makes it even more of a struggle for him to "edumacate the masses" Nobody's rippin' on people who ask intelligent questions or honestly made the effort to find information, but couldn't. We're just slinging **** at the noobs that ask questions my 7 year old cousins could figure out reading through this forum for an hour. ORL240 is right~ "stupid questions deserve stupid answers" Don't take things personally and keep things "fun" on the forums. 'sidez, silviadriver is back now so he'll be regulating *again* on all us clueless ****'s.

Quick Reply: DAMN is it just me or did the biggest idiot bandwagon hit us 240 owners