General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

damn kids...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 12:36 PM

damn kids...

hello,

my 92' 240sx coupe se's driver side window broke, some kid threw a rock at it during the nite.. its power windows.. im th inkin bout goin to the junkyard and find a new window to replace it..

does the 240sx HB driver side windows fit?

how easy is it to install and replace?

thanks
Old 10-29-2002, 12:45 PM

damn that sucks bro, i dunno if the HB windows fit since the HB and Coupe did not share the same frame structure, correct me if im wrong though, i would find a coupe window just to be on the safe side
Old 10-29-2002, 01:52 PM
Contributing Member

Re: damn kids...

Originally posted by nguyenmk
hello,

my 92' 240sx coupe se's driver side window broke, some kid threw a rock at it during the nite.. its power windows.. im th inkin bout goin to the junkyard and find a new window to replace it..

does the 240sx HB driver side windows fit?

how easy is it to install and replace?

thanks
just go to the junkyard and let them do it for u ... i got my car broken into over the summer and had them replace it... cost me 180 for 2 windows installed... sucked
Old 10-29-2002, 02:44 PM

180 is not bad, at least you dont have tint, then you would have to replace your window and tint....
Old 10-29-2002, 04:23 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by SilvaPwr
damn that sucks bro, i dunno if the HB windows fit since the HB and Coupe did not share the same frame structure, correct me if im wrong though, i would find a coupe window just to be on the safe side
Here is the hard fact.

You are in luck

HB and Coupe share the same side window glass.

There are only two parts numbers for the windows. So you can swap the window from a hatch into your car.

The rockers and the pillars are different from the two.

Good luck.
Old 10-29-2002, 07:59 PM

thanks guys..

me and my friend was plannin on doing all the labor ourselfs after we hunt down the parts.. i was just wondering if its easy to open up the side panel and replace the windows.. and since its powered, will it be harder? what are common problems that i would run into, thanks.
Old 10-29-2002, 09:04 PM
Contributing Member

i've fixed my window before, when it fell off and down into the door panel. i'll tell you how. you can do it yourself w/o much of a problem. its too late now. i will post the directions tmrw.
Old 10-29-2002, 09:14 PM

i've fixed my window before, when it fell off and down into the door panel. i'll tell you how. you can do it yourself w/o much of a problem. its too late now. i will post the directions tmrw.

thanks!
Old 10-30-2002, 09:21 AM
Contributing Member

man ... go to the place and get it done professonally ..... its easier and no trouble... you wouldnt want a a window that doesnt work would you ? ... its good to learn ... but i would suggest getting it done and watch them do it.. therfore you learn how its done correctly in front of you
Old 10-30-2002, 11:24 AM

man ... go to the place and get it done professonally ..... its easier and no trouble... you wouldnt want a a window that doesnt work would you ? ... its good to learn ... but i would suggest getting it done and watch them do it.. therfore you learn how its done correctly in front of you
very true.. but im a poor college student.. the car costed 500 dollars lol, im not gonna put much money into it, its just my second car for me to learn stuff.. but yeah true.. i still want to do it on my own tho, thanks anyways.
Old 10-31-2002, 03:33 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by nguyenmk
very true.. but im a poor college student.. the car costed 500 dollars lol, im not gonna put much money into it, its just my second car for me to learn stuff.. but yeah true.. i still want to do it on my own tho, thanks anyways.
This one should be ok. You will have the window panel off. Everything will be exposed.

Go over the job a couple times before you start to move the new window pane.

Have a friend there with you. It will help when holding the window trying to get it into place.

If you need more help like instructions ask. We are here to help.

This is really a job you should do. The car is not made of sugar and spice. It isn't going to melt in the rain. Your hands will not turn to stone if you open something. Sure there will be a leftover screw or two but that is life.
Old 10-31-2002, 06:10 AM
Contributing Member

Good point StanBo. Also the panel is very easy to remove only 2 or 3 screws and the power window controller pops off. THen Get busy!!
Old 10-31-2002, 08:18 AM
Contributing Member

how hard is it from manual windows than from power windows ? im assuming it will be similar .... but how so ?

how much does it cost to add the motor to roll up and roll down the window ? i would love power windows... even though i am the master of roll up windows... its just a bit*h rolling up and down the passenger side
Old 10-31-2002, 08:37 AM
Contributing Member

i would actually like to convert my drivers side to manual window and leave the passenger's side automatic
Old 10-31-2002, 08:39 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by spitz7985
i would actually like to convert my drivers side to manual window and leave the passenger's side automatic
that is a great idea... but does anyone know how much it goes for ?

Quick Reply: damn kids...