General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Dealership question

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 12:33 PM

Dealership question

Im looking into buying a 95 w/ about 113k on the clock. Im wondering if dealerships are any good at working on these cars or if Im going to have to go it alone in the maintnence dept. Im not looking to do any heavy modding or anything for a while, this has to be a daily driver, but (generally) are mechanics competant ie: know about the car, can fix/diagnose problems well.

Thanks for any info
Old 07-08-2004, 12:39 PM
Contributing Member

umm, your asking if the technicians know about them. Well if you take it to a Mitsubishi dealership. I would ASSume no they wouldnt.
But considering Nissan dealers seLL them. they also know how to work on them.

Maybe i'm missing a hidden question. Because what I read really doesnt make sense.
Your asking. If I take my Nissan to a Nissan dealer could they work on it?........

Right
Old 07-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Contributing Member

The proper mechanic will know about the car. BTW...expect to pay much more money at the dealer
Old 07-08-2004, 06:20 PM

You know, youd think just because they sell them or theyre trained on them that theyd know their stuff. My last car was an 86 rx-7(mazda). there were some things that I just couldnt do in my friends shop that needed to be done at a dealer. Well I knew/know more about rx-7's then most of the mazda mechanics in my area, even with the return of the rx-8.
I didnt know how bad lost of the mazda techs were at first with the rx7 and they messed up a lot of things in the car. so before I went and got another older, discontinued car, I wanted to make sure that I wasnt getting into the mazda situation again. I figured that the techs would know and I know Ill pay more at a dealer, but I just wanted to make sure that if I get stuck on something or I cant do something that the dealer can if need be.

Thanks for the replies
Old 07-08-2004, 06:32 PM

well the rx7 is a bit different since its rotary...