General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Easy with the word "rice"

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 02:05 PM

Easy with the word "rice"

I hate when people sling around the word "rice" there is a definite meaning but people are starting to use the word for things that arent rice.

ex... Someone called another person a riceboy because they had NOS.

Personally I dont like NOS, but if you do great, burn your engine up , but this does not make you a riceboy. Now having a bottle in your car and not hooked up, thats rice....

basically having things in your car that arent hooked up is plain ricey, as soon as they are hooked up you are no longer ricey.

another ex... someone was called a ricer for having a cold air intake. Since when did performance intakes become for riceboys?

Share your examples of ricer definitions and/or your misplaced riceboy calling.
Old 01-05-2003, 02:10 PM
Contributing Member

Re: Easy with the word "rice"

Originally posted by Monkey Force

another ex... someone was called a ricer for having a cold air intake. Since when did performance intakes become for riceboys?

Share your examples of ricer definitions and/or your misplaced riceboy calling.

a new/wrong def is when people call other people ricers because they have performance parts that are like the norm. take your CAI as an example.....its a pretty common upgrade, therefore, ricey

the above opinion is expressed by leiferik1, not www.kackarot.com. We apoligize for any inconvience this *** faced *** demon may have caused
Old 01-05-2003, 03:06 PM

I got another thing to say....

I was reading a thread that addressed wings....., turns out that popular opinion is that wings are bad. I own a wing and god damnit I need it. Before I put it on my car I had to take it easy when shifting at high speeds in a turn. The car would get real squirrely. Now it doesnt do that and the wing is the sole cause for this.
I do race on streets but there is never cars on em when I race. Some of us dont have racetracks in their country and the roads are plenty big. So eat me.
bottomline: dont call me a ricer because my car is fast and I drive it that way witht the help of an aluminum wing.
Old 01-05-2003, 07:51 PM

puting an Apexi sticker on your car when you dont have anything Apexi in it is rice.

Last edited by evil sil80; 01-05-2003 at 07:54 PM.
Old 01-05-2003, 08:00 PM

since when have basic bolt on upgrades become ricey!? ****, i think my car has a few basic upgrades for now and i have not even heard the word rice from ne 1 who knows my car. damn... what about the people who dont have the money to put together $5000 turbo kits. Just becuz they dont run 12 secs or less doesnt mean its rice.... just my .02, maybe some of us should just chill with the "rice" word.... (unless its a mustang with a GTR sticker on it )
Old 01-06-2003, 05:01 AM

I have decided that people that dont feel passionate about their cars are the ones that throw the term around the most. These are the ones who say "you got a japanese car, you are driving a rice mobile." We all know that this isnt the case, but these idiots are picking up terms they hear on the street or see on the internet and using them like they know what they mean. I think it all kinda started with Brians Rice Boy Pages...where he shows pictures of cars that look absolutely ridiculous because the owners take perfectly nice cars (in most cases) and put 10 pounds of electrical tape on them to make designs....for people who put a type R emblem on their pinto...for people sporting steelies in their stock salmon pink neons which has a sign on it saying that it has never been raced...for sale. People who do things to their car adds no performance but claim that they run 8's in the 1/4...that is where the term RICE came from. So all of those people out there who are missusing the word...wake up!

BTW, if rice is a term for japanese vehicles...would american "riced out" cars be potatoes?
Old 01-06-2003, 03:56 PM

mmm, rice

man, this term does get thrown around a lot, and most times for dumb reasons. personally, i have no problem with any japanese car, but it seems that hondas attract the most attention of the import world, so i'll use them as examples. hondas are good cars, let me get that out in the open, but i don't like what "the ricers" do to them. for instance, a big, aluminum wing. why? the car is FWD!!! a front spoiler i can understand, but why a big 200 dollar wing?!? all the "type R" badges and stickers and whatnot get to me too, its false advertisment, like fake ***** (not the silicon implants).

around where i live, every teenage guy who lives in the hills has daddy buy them a honda civic with a 5000 dollar body kit and a muffler. i don't blame a guy for wanting a nice looking show car, but if you're gonna race all the time, why spend that 5000 on body weight (and usually air resistance), and a muffler? and these guys think they can run 10's with their '87 accord thats had the springs chopped.

also, its not NOS unless its NOS! otherwise its nitrous oxide or nitrous or N02. like saying "i have a cut, i need a band-aide", it's a name brand! not the product!
Old 01-07-2003, 09:04 AM

personally i think we need to start calling some of these tricolored domestic owners "corn"boys. especially the ones who like put huge rear wheels on cars that don't need them or think just because they have a v-8 their ****s fast. or like have a truck with nothing on it but flowmasters, and moroso sticker window tint. come on corn boys get a real car
Old 01-08-2003, 12:42 PM

My Thoughtless Opinion on "Rice"

To me ricey is a whole bunch of vinyl stickers that don't have a point or when people put stickers of car parts on there car that they don't have. Also wings are ricey unless they have a point. Like in Monkey Force's case the wing may look ricey to some but it has point therefore it is not. When I see people take their wings off to race there that is ricey (yes I have seen this many times at the track). Lots of lights and neons are ricey. Mods that are supposed to be performance related but don't do a dam thing (such as mufflers to produce noise). Not all rice is bad in my opinion. Like show cars then some riceyness is good. And that is my thoughtless opinion on rice.

Chad
Old 01-10-2003, 09:16 AM

Things Ricey:
Fake Badges, Some aluminum spoilers(not all of them), apc materials, windshield banners of the kind of car you have, cutting springs, resonated tips, home made cold air intakes(they weigh like 60 pounds)

The other day i saw a Mazda mx-3 with the badge removed and it said
"M-Spec3r" I dont get it....oh yeah rice

and also i spotted a yellow lancer with graphics down the side of companies....it was bone stock..plus it was
3a Racing
NOS
APC

RICE!!

Ron
Old 01-10-2003, 11:27 PM

well unfortnuately i got bit by the rice bug like 3 years ago and bought a gtr emblem and slapped it on the back of my 240coupe, now i regret it everytime i see it especially since i know that the self adhesive will prolly screw my paint. but sometimes it is funny when these 12 year old grand turismo guru kids freak out and come up to me and ask dude is that a real skyline. but personally its all about building your car for you, so you like it, thats all that matters when it all comes down to it. just dont make my mistake and buy somethin out of bordom that you will regret.
Old 01-11-2003, 08:29 AM

you poor thing.....its better than a Mitsu 3000gt-r
Old 01-12-2003, 09:19 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by MrRonatron
Things Ricey:
NOS
Ron

how is n20 ricey? if anything, its used more on domestics. its just another form of forced induction.
Old 01-12-2003, 10:18 AM

Nitrous is in no way ricey at all, putting stickers on your car for nistrous express, or Nos is ricey providing your not running it...
Plus who wouldnt want a given amount of horsepower to the wheels at the push of a button? I know i would.
My friends uncle drives a konig show car, the red civic, it was in the middle of kay-bee in rockafeller center over the holidays and i cant wait til he has it back because he has a 125 shot of nitrous in it, and i cant wait to feel that jolt!
Ron
Old 01-12-2003, 03:28 PM

is that a real skyline devil:

Quick Reply: Easy with the word "rice"