S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   General (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/)
-   -   ebay turbo kit.. (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/ebay-turbo-kit-25409/)

Atown 240 08-13-2005 10:23 PM

iv'e emailed like 10 people who bought them, like 3 said they havn't installed them yet, and one said that his kit didn't come with piping for the i/c so he had to get it made. But if u look at the auction the piping is not pictured

lrb_2000 08-13-2005 10:51 PM

Yeah, everyone that's bought from him say they've had no problems with any of the parts... except innercooler piping fitment, but that's easy to do yourself or get done... I think I might buy it as well... in a month or two, and start getting the other parts together, and see what happens.. unless someone has proof of this manifold cracking at only 8psi..

clover 08-13-2005 11:02 PM

just find a good used cast manifold, im not the type to trust stainless manifolds, simply because its easy enough to buy cheep thin stainless, with a cast manifold, its hard to make them cheep. there just heavy as **** and not pretty. as i said before too, the turbo is another thing to worry about, but atleast it comes with a sort of universal flang, so it wont be hard to find a replacement.

lrb_2000 08-13-2005 11:37 PM

yeah true... we'll see what happens with i get the money.

Sleeperella 08-14-2005 11:37 AM

ok, i've warned u twice already, if u go ahead and make that decision, then it would be the mistake of ur life! if u gonna get a new mani anyway then y not buy da turbo seperate for 350 t3, intercooler on ebay complete with pipes, core, cups, and everything with welded flang for 400 shipped,

clover 08-14-2005 12:55 PM

you know, you could always just turn around and resell the turbo and stuff.

lrb_2000 08-14-2005 01:12 PM

yeah... i mean, $600 for innercooler/turbo/manifold/bov/wastegate is pretty good.. and the parts don't seem to be cheaply made... I could run the turbo and mani @8psi and when I want to up my injectors and maf, i could the mani and/or turbo and buy new? I don't know.. i'm just trying to make a cheap little project for now... what's the worst that can happen? I blow my engine somehow? oh well, I can find more. I'm saying, for the price, I don't see why it's a bad deal.

Atown 240 08-14-2005 03:08 PM

from a previous buyer...

hey i got the kit and i had to buy some extra parts...

-boost gauge and pod
-fuel injectors
-intercooler piping (being custom made)
-more flanges for exhaust and turbo
-oil feed lines
everything else about the system looks perfect. i talked to the dude who's installing it down at munro mufflers and he said that there is not one thing wrong about this system, howevr you might wanna inquire a newer exhaust manifold eventually down the line, other than that no problems.

lrb_2000 08-14-2005 04:59 PM

nice...

Sleeperella 08-14-2005 06:57 PM

umm, in my eyes it is very cheaply made,,, other places sell the manifold alone for 500 - 2000, the reason y? because it matter a whole lot, and go to honda tech forum and read up on what had happened to ppl who bought ebay turbo and manifold... im just tryng to look out for my fellow 240, but hey, at the end of the day, it's ur car, ur call

o btw it's hard to sell back ebay crap, especially used, (by that i mean crap with no name and such)

lrb_2000 08-14-2005 07:15 PM

we'll I guess i'll be the test dummy to decided if it can handle the boost and heat... i'm sure the turbo will be fine, but we'll see..

Atown 240 08-14-2005 10:55 PM

Originally posted by lrb_2000
we'll I guess i'll be the test dummy to decided if it can handle the boost and heat... i'm sure the turbo will be fine, but we'll see..
You can do it!:p Let us know

speedracerM5 08-16-2005 06:24 PM

i have heard horror stories of those xspower/ss turbos falling apart. they use like some sort of epoxy or some glue to put the turbo toghether someone had a pic of this a while back

Sleeperella 08-16-2005 07:14 PM

yea on hondatech!!! that's what i was referring to, but da kid dont want to believe me

BigVinnie 08-16-2005 07:20 PM

ss autochromes are crap, and it will take a crap all over your engine bay.......
The reason why they break at the welds is because of the expansion of 2 different types of metals. The weld literally severs from the different expansion rates of metals....
I would not waste my time and energy in such an investment...