General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

frustrated?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 02:46 PM

frustrated?

Thought i would start a random thread about the stories we all have when a simple job goes horribly wrong.

i only say this cause i've been trying to swap my clutch for 2 weeks. between the clutch getting shipped here, me trying to lift a clutch in by myself cause no one is around to help, and being in a grass driveway, rendering my jack useless. and not to mention its been raining for 10 days straight. and i also came to find out the bleeder valve on my 3 week old slave is snapped off? (no idea how).
i've been without my car for too long

time for the
Old 05-07-2009, 03:43 PM

ill swing by and help you out

speaking of rain, the other night i was driving home after work when my brakes decided to give out. so i limped my car to a friend house. i get a hold of a truck and trailer last night and it once again starts to downfall. cars too low to get on the trailer plus the rain is making the tires spin, and i destroy my greddy lip and bumper. then i cant get it off the trailer because my exhaust kept getting hung up.

insult to injury
Old 05-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Contributing Member

hopefully you'll survive the ordeal and tells us all about it. i had a hard enough time replace my clutch in a paved driveway. on a grass drive you you'll be lucky if you don't get squashed.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:50 PM

its mainly the weather, its seriously been like 10 days of straight rain. its really pissin me off. i'm trying to get the 240 in better shape cause i just got it like a month ago. and i start school on monday. the clutch was jacked it looked like a dinnerplate it was that smooth.

what was wrong with the breaks???
Old 05-08-2009, 12:00 AM

pin sized hole in the line