General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Gas on my plugs wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 11:43 AM

Gas on my plugs wtf?

ok so here is my ? i can start my sr swaped 240 up and drive it all day drive it home park it over night and the next day it will not start pull the plugs they are wet with gas i put them back in and in a day or 2 car starts up works all day then over night samething?
Old 10-09-2009, 01:46 PM

leaky injectors. pull the fuel rail off, keep the injectors in, put the car on ACC. and see if any spray or leak. could be dumping too much fuel in, flooding the cylinders.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Contributing Member

its not leaking injectors Niki....

-your engine is flooding itself. check your timing buddy. If the thing is running stupid rich, your plugs will be soaked and the plugs will not spark properly causing the car to run like a lawnmower.

-take a volt meter and place it across the signal wire on the injectors and make sure the number changes... If the number does not change in volts/ohms.. you have a stuck open injector.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Contributing Member

check ignition timing too. that was my problem for a while so glad i figured it out
Old 10-09-2009, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Biggamehit
its not leaking injectors Niki....

-your engine is flooding itself. check your timing buddy. If the thing is running stupid rich, your plugs will be soaked and the plugs will not spark properly causing the car to run like a lawnmower.

-take a volt meter and place it across the signal wire on the injectors and make sure the number changes... If the number does not change in volts/ohms.. you have a stuck open injector.
thats what i meant was the stuck open injectors...thats a method to see if you have one thats constantly spraying.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:24 PM

ill look into that when they dry up and work for that one day the car runs just fine in fact i spent all day that ifo racing and the car did well but thanks guys
Old 10-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Contributing Member

awesomeness.. now paypal us money.

my address is

B!tchbetterhavemymoney@yahoo.com

Nick... i hear you but a "leaking injector" leaks outside of the O-ring going into the intake manifold or from the rail.... that is what you described.

it doesn't leak into the cyl... it is sprayed systematically. the injector drivers on the ecu could be bad and or the mechanism with-in the injector could have failed.

Last edited by Biggamehit; 10-10-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:08 PM

dont think its in the ecu apexi power fc every thing looks fine on the hand controller and af looks good too but ill look into it
Old 10-11-2009, 12:48 AM
Contributing Member

oh oh no... sorry bro i was just using that as example.

yea if its power FC.... you would know its an issue. the hand controller would show the screwed up injector.

what kinda setup do you have??

Last edited by Biggamehit; 10-11-2009 at 12:52 AM.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Biggamehit
awesomeness.. now paypal us money.

my address is

B!tchbetterhavemymoney@yahoo.com

Nick... i hear you but a "leaking injector" leaks outside of the O-ring going into the intake manifold or from the rail.... that is what you described.

it doesn't leak into the cyl... it is sprayed systematically. the injector drivers on the ecu could be bad and or the mechanism with-in the injector could have failed.
oh i used the wrong term, im sorry. but like what i was trying to describe is what you said prettty much, i had that problem with so many injectors..
Old 10-11-2009, 07:59 AM
Contributing Member

yea lol sorry mate.... when i seen "leaky injector" I didnt read the rest. the issue with your method though is... a big mess and the injectors will be spraying rapidly lol.... making it hard to pin point the issue.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:31 AM

my set up 1st gen sr redtop power fc maf to map tomei 740s, tomei turbo mani, gt2871rs turbo, turbo elbo,downpipe,rsr exmag ex,bc 264 cams valve springs & retainers spec stage 2 clutch, jgy 10lb flywheel,arp headstuds,koyo rad, fmic,fal 2 10" fans, new water pump , greddy rocker arm stoppers bov air filter turbo timer boost controler set to 15 psi, 255 fuel pump, cometic head gasket,zeitronix wibe band afm, thats about it to the motor.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Contributing Member

ahhh cool.. nice setup. you ever have car sex with your engine running at about 1500 rpms???
Old 10-12-2009, 02:38 PM

no but i do get hardish when i drive it hahaha
Old 10-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Contributing Member

we have basicly the same setup but i have Tomei cams and u got bc cams lol

Quick Reply: Gas on my plugs wtf?