General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Getting your car sponsored: Good? Bad? Depends on the contract?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 10:05 PM

Getting your car sponsored: Good? Bad? Depends on the contract?

ok so i just got my car sponsored i dunno my silvia dream wasnt realizing itself fast enough so i guess out of boredom i called a number or a company that said they were looking for any make and model so i called and the guy who picked up was into 240s so i got sponsored like that. now i am waiting for my sponsorship sticker and he said to go to car shows of 20 or more poeple, 4-6 times a year and then take pictures if i get a trophy.... has anyone ever tried this? is it too good to be true?
Old 12-05-2004, 10:36 PM

guess nobody...oh well
Old 12-06-2004, 12:56 AM

what do you get out of it? what company is it? just a local shop...? more info plz
Old 12-09-2004, 06:09 PM

Hey I live in Nj and also heard about company sponsoring cars but never actually called, is it a local shop? More Info Please
Old 12-09-2004, 06:19 PM

1viaDRFT, I am really interested, please e-mail me at juls213@hotmail.com, :>
Old 12-10-2004, 09:00 AM

ok well the poeple whoare sponsoring me are sportcompactpro but i looked on other car forums and heard some pretty nasty horror stories about em. in the solara forums (didnt know they had one) some poeple are talking about just getting sent all these stickers and they dont acutally cover your bill but only if oyu win a car show i still havent received my contract so i have about as much info as you guys.....thats another thing they hae been known not to send copies of contracts....thats not a good sign
Old 12-10-2004, 11:56 AM

take the free stickers and dont ever call them back, lol, every company is diffrent i dont have any car sponsors but with skating usually you get good discount on that company's products and the local shop is always hooking me up with free stuff and letting me try out the new stuff, so i guess it can be good or bad. just know the company. good luck with it.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:15 PM

thats the thing though....i dont want stickers i want to make my car a daily drifter not a lisa frank sticker collection
Old 12-12-2004, 12:26 AM

getting sponsored is not as easy as just making a phone call...companies don't just look for any car...for your car to be sponsored you have to have already done a certain amount of work to the car yourself, out of your own pocket. You have to meet or phone the companies and then send in a sponsorship proposal stating what your car has done to it, how many and which shows you have and will attend, and what kind, if any trophies you have won. You also need to put info about yourself such as what and how you will promote the company. Companies aren't looking only for nice cars but good individuals as well. a company will sponsor you if your car is right and ALSO if you are a good individual. I don't see how this website can make it that easy for you. The best way to get any type of sponsorship is to go out and actually meet the sponsor and get to personally know them. Shiet, if something goes wrong with the part, what are you gonna do? ***** at carsponsorships.com?
If you do get sponsored, if its a big company they will most likely just give you a deep discount on a product, sometimes if its a smaller company or shop they might give you some stuff for free.
oh yea and btw i think one of these types of companies you had to pay money or something...you do not have to pay money to get sponsored.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:46 PM

thats true that there was a "registration fee" or something but i ended up calling them because the website to send pictures didnt work and the guy i guess liked the fact that i had a 240... i guess this may all be too good to be true
Old 12-16-2004, 11:15 AM

Any company that charges a 'Fee' , will accept anyone that pays it....save your money
Old 12-16-2004, 10:38 PM

ok my contract came in and it answered alot of questions for me:

1)the account is a 12,00 dollar co-op account which means that they put some of that money to help my buy a part of service or what ever and i put in some of my money lets say i get a 100 dollar part and they give me aquote that they can offer to pay 50 percent so they pay 50 dollars and so do i...thats how co-op works.
2) i have to show up to 4 car shows or more with the sponsorship sticker visible or else ...not hard
3) the fee was for a charity for Victims of Illegal street racing which is 100% tax deductable so i guess i get a refund...
3) canellation fee of the contract is 150 dollars...some cell phones are more
4) i can win a skyline GTR hee hee chances are 1:25 oh well better than 0:25

...but i guess this is my sponsorship in a nutshell now i gotta register my car get some insurance and inspect it before i get arrested.

tell me what you guys think!
Old 12-16-2004, 10:50 PM

Question Is it worth it???

I recently came across A 1997 240 Blacktop SR20 DET, Power FC, JDM OEM Kouki kit w/wing. Tein adjustables. Drift setup in great condition with 50k miles for 14,500obo , my question is... Is it worth it???
Old 12-17-2004, 10:36 AM
Contributing Member

Way to hijack the thread.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:16 PM

Talking sorry

sorry about that but nobody was online in any other threads.

Quick Reply: Getting your car sponsored: Good? Bad? Depends on the contract?