General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Have money...need 11's!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 07:31 PM

Arrow Have money...need 11's!

I am looking at buying a 95 or newer 240. I have $6000 to spend on mods. How fast can i get it to run the 1/4 in? There are only two restrictions. 1. I need it to be reliable. 2. I would prefer to not use NOS. Besides that i am open to any ideas. I figure that all the 95 and newer 240's are about the same in performance. Am i right to assume that? ANY help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:26 PM
Contributing Member

11's...

RB25DET clip - $3250,
+ T3/T4 Turbo - $ 500
+ boost control - $ 500
+ R33 LSD - $ 350
+ 17x9" wheels - $1000 (with tires of course)
---------
$5600

This = 10 - 11 second car!

Night

(P.S. let me know if you want to do this and I can get it all assembled and we can work something out.)
Old 12-09-2002, 09:32 PM

Does everyone agree that this setup will give me 11's?
Old 12-10-2002, 01:20 AM

you could try to do this...

that's some pretty simple pricing that seems to neglect a lot of necessary things... custom motor mounts, tranny mounts, intake/ exhaust piping... other useful stuff would be engine management and gauges...
swapping to an RB25DET seems risky on a limited budget. www.unstable-hybrids.com charges $6,200 + necessary custom extras just to get a "stock" RB25DET swap.

anyways, if you don't like NOS, get a Zex nitrous kit
Old 12-10-2002, 01:49 AM
Contributing Member

ace,
swapping and RB25 is WAAYYY easier then you think. all instable wants to do is rape people for money on installation. just like honda, nissan stayed with the same platform when building similar chassis cars.
so the rb25 can be put swapped in your driveway.
no special cutting or none of that.............

if this guy wants serious power for his money RB25 is the way to go. he'll run outta money before he gets 400hp outtta an SR or KA-t
Old 12-10-2002, 02:02 AM
Contributing Member

11's cont.

Unstable does want that much money. Companies charge you for things such as motor mounts etc, when you don't need them because they know that you have no clue if you need them or not. Unstable has a bad rep for ripping people off with their pricing...they have even admitted it to me lol.

Now, I did the swap personally in my front yard and driveway combined...a bit in my garage. It really isn't too hard. I am building a website on this swap right now and it will be up shortly. If you would like to see the gist of it, go to http://240Skyline.nissanpower.com

I do these installs now for $1000 labor cost if someone would rather me do it than them. It is fairly timely for me, but give me two good weekends and it can be done. When I sell a swap, I always tell the person exactly what kind of problems they will encounter, how they can get around them, and how to do the swap in general. This swap is not very hard. It mounts right up into the engine bay without custom mounts. If you would like more info, please email me.

Now ACE, I should rip into you, but I won't. It is ok for the negligence of people to obstruct the path of progress...you are forgiven this once. Here's some info for you:

Custom motor mounts - not needed
Tranny mounts - included with clip
Intake Piping - included with clip
Exhaust Piping (downpipe) - 75% of the time included with clip.
Engine Management - Stock ECU
other parts can be ordered from Japan.
Gauges - stock from clip
Clutch - you forgot this - Available through me as well as a complete cross reference guide for parts you can buy in the US.

Any more Q's???

Night

Last edited by NightXCZ77; 12-10-2002 at 02:35 AM.
Old 12-10-2002, 06:15 AM

i used unstable's price as a figure since it's easily available and fairly widely known. of course any shop is going to have a higher price than any DIY project, but a lot of the time you do get what you pay for (i.e. sometimes it's just worth it to not mess things up yourself and come up to a wall where there are unforseen problems). I'm not trying to dissuade him from going RB, SR, KA, CA, whatever. Just noting that on a $6000 budget, he might want to be aware of any possible problems with only a $400 safety margin.

As for the RB25DET being a direct swap, a friend of mine was talking to me about it. As far as he's told me, it was all talk that it was a direct bolt in (I'm one of those "don't believe it till I see it" people). I'd definitely like any info you've got on this swap though.
My E-mail if you have any info already prepared
Old 12-10-2002, 07:55 AM

Re: Have money...need 11's!

Originally posted by LethalKid69
I am looking at buying a 95 or newer 240. I have $6000 to spend on mods. How fast can i get it to run the 1/4 in? There are only two restrictions. 1. I need it to be reliable. 2. I would prefer to not use NOS. Besides that i am open to any ideas. I figure that all the 95 and newer 240's are about the same in performance. Am i right to assume that? ANY help would be greatly appreciated.
im not gonna even go into why all those other explainations of what you need are wrong, but ill just metion that NONE of those setups listed will have you a 11 second track ready car....there is much more tht goes into that....

but anyway...

if thats what yoru looking for, and thats your price range, dont go 240 route with motor swap....

you wont have a 240 that will run 11's in the 1/4mile for 6000grand.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:01 AM
Contributing Member

i've seen countless cases where people are unsure of the RB swapping process. i've done hours and hours of reserch on the subjuct before i bought my clip. trust me when i say i did not spend $4000 for nuthing.

and for nonbelivers...... there are a few people lurking around already with RB25's who make 400hp with chump change...

i'll tell ya like this. RB swaps are the best thing to happen to an S chassis car.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:21 AM

ok, keep telling yourself that : )
atleast we know your coming from an unbiased position : )

i trust you though, that you did not spend 4000g for nothing, but whats that mean? : )

heh, chump change?.....
Old 12-10-2002, 08:34 AM
Contributing Member

the SR is a good engine and i might buy one for this 240, but it just cant hang with the RB. no days of the week.you have to spend alotta time and money to get 500hp outta that motor. complete rebuilds and all that. not fun.
rb is truely the best nissan moter hands down. why else would nissan put it in their flag ship?
so while others are out saving for FMIC and injectors and turbo upgrades and reinforcements for the SR's faulty head and all that. i'll buy one turbo from yahoo japan and go along my merry way with 400 or so hp with a boost controller and an A/F gauge

vvvrrrrooooooommmmmmmmm
Old 12-10-2002, 03:35 PM

Re: Re: Have money...need 11's!

Originally posted by LI S13 Blacktop
im not gonna even go into why all those other explainations of what you need are wrong, but ill just metion that NONE of those setups listed will have you a 11 second track ready car....there is much more tht goes into that....
but uhh.... i linked to an 11 second S14.....
Old 12-10-2002, 06:02 PM
Contributing Member

Disblelievers...

YOU GUYS CAN DISBELIEVE ALL YOU WANT!!! IT REALLY DOESN"T MATTER TO ME CAUSE I HAVE A RB IN MY 240SX!!!

You want pics??? Go Here!

http://240Skyline.nissanpower.com

The rest of my pics will be up later tonight if I get around to it.

I used everything from the clip, no aftermarket stuff, so you can tell your friend who says otherwise to shove it. Man, all you disbelievers have these supposed friends who have "done" or have knowledge of the swap.....you crack me up!

S13 Black Top kid - the reason you don't believe is cause you have a SR!!! Geez, all you little SR guys thinkin it's the **** and that it's the supreme swap...lol, The RB is Nissan's pinnacle engine series......And yes, you can easily put what I listed above together and be track ready running 11's.......if you don't believe, come up and race me next summer at Pacific Raceways.....peace.

Night

Old 12-10-2002, 07:17 PM
Contributing Member

Re: Disblelievers...

Originally posted by NightXCZ77
YOU GUYS CAN DISBELIEVE ALL YOU WANT!!! IT REALLY DOESN"T MATTER TO ME CAUSE I HAVE A RB IN MY 240SX!!!

You want pics??? Go Here!

http://240Skyline.nissanpower.com

All I see is the ugliest 240 on earth and a pic of an RB. What's that prove? You need more pics man.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:53 PM
Contributing Member

Let's see what you've got that you can call my 240 ugly.....pix will be added soon as I said above.

Night

U'r a fu*kin jack ***......don't talk down on my car cause your's isn't anywhere near what mine is.

Quick Reply: Have money...need 11's!