General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Hell Yeah

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 11:19 AM
Contributing Member

Hell Yeah

last night, i was chillin at my friends, when another friend comes running in and yells at us to come look in the driveway. we come out, and theres a #*$#ing 4th gen supra sitting there. he tells us that its his cousin's and he's borrowing it. it was auto, non turbo ( ). but still, its a supra. so we jumped in and went for a bit of a spirited drive. i got to drive it and it was dissappointingly slow due to about 400lbs of zinc plates in the back (its winter, but theres no snow right now) and the slushbox. steering was precise, but my s13 definatly feels more tossable. he had to go back to his house, so i jumped in my car, and we went for yet another spirited drive. off the stop sign, he walked me(i'm stock). but when we were even doing about 50, just crusin, he went to pass, i dropped it in 2nd, and he did not gain on me till we hit about 85, then he rocketed past me like a ferrari. its true what they say, supras being all top end. my new years eve kicked ***!
Old 01-01-2003, 01:12 PM
Contributing Member

Re: Hell Yeah

Originally posted by spitz7985
last night, i was chillin at my friends, when another friend comes running in and yells at us to come look in the driveway. we come out, and theres a #*$#ing 4th gen supra sitting there. he tells us that its his cousin's and he's borrowing it. it was auto, non turbo ( ). but still, its a supra. so we jumped in and went for a bit of a spirited drive. i got to drive it and it was dissappointingly slow due to about 400lbs of zinc plates in the back (its winter, but theres no snow right now) and the slushbox. steering was precise, but my s13 definatly feels more tossable. he had to go back to his house, so i jumped in my car, and we went for yet another spirited drive. off the stop sign, he walked me(i'm stock). but when we were even doing about 50, just crusin, he went to pass, i dropped it in 2nd, and he did not gain on me till we hit about 85, then he rocketed past me like a ferrari. its true what they say, supras being all top end. my new years eve kicked ***!

Old 01-04-2003, 09:18 PM

back when I had my CA 180sx I was going to sell it and buy a 5spd NA Supra. The guy let me test drive it and I was terribly disappointed. My 180 could absolutley demolish this car and I was torn because I wanted to own a nice looking Supra (my dream car) but I would be beaten by any 180 out there and I would get challenged alot. Ultimately I decided on keeping my car.

BTW: The supra had full veilside kit, wheels, exhaust and some interior mods. He wanted $8000. I wish I would have bought it now. I could have made it turbo but it would have taken so long.