General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

how much does it cost for painting my car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 10:09 PM

how much does it cost for painting my car?

I am thinking about painting my 240sx in blue...

I don't have anything to do the job by myself...

What is the cheapest way I can do?

I am living in LA, does anyone know a cheap decent

painting shop? thank you.^^/
Old 12-06-2003, 10:14 PM
Contributing Member

Are you looking for quality work, or a half *** job that wont be that great?
There are places like earl schwabs that do paint jobs for 300-600 but they pretty much suck ***, not good quality at all.
For a good paint job u will be looking at 1,200 minumum, unless you got a hook up.
Old 12-06-2003, 11:26 PM

That's a good question.....I was just about to ask the same question...I was wondering if you would have to pay more if you want a specific type of blut though...because I was thinking about painting mine a WRX blue or an Acura blue....like the RSX's?
Old 12-07-2003, 12:46 AM

you can always go for macco....they will do it for around $300-600...see if you do 300 than its going to be lil ****ty...but if you do around 600 its aiite.you have to pick a right place..you mite ended up getting good paint job or bad job..... even tho its same company...it gets painted by different person..so you have to pick the right place...personally i will take it to better place...you want to have good paint job...but its ur choose....if your going to paint your car soon than find a place...and go there ask them if they have left over paint...that can reduce the paint cost..you said that you wanted blue right? like electrcal blue like SI...it mite cost lot
Old 12-07-2003, 01:05 AM

I dont think the color determines the price. Its the brand of the paint that matters. I painted my car BMW M3s carbon black. The price would be the same even if i chose other colors.

BTW, I got my paint job from Alliance in La Puente near City of Industry. I paid 2200 for it. They pretty much painted everything...door jams, engine bay, under the hood, my body kit. They put on my new body kit for me for free. The quality is pretty good also. The people that work there are very helpful and professional. Very good customer service. They even have warrenty on their paint. If it fades or chip, they will fix it for u. Tell them Kenny with the carbon black 240sx sent u and they might give u a better deal. Give them a call or something (626)8208020.

Last edited by hadokenny; 12-07-2003 at 01:08 AM.
Old 12-07-2003, 07:22 AM

actually Red's are more expensive as well as pearls or metalflake paints.....and don't even looki into color changing paint if you are a budget...don't have some hack paint your car just to make it shiny....do it right or it willl cost at least twice as much to fix it as it would have been to paint it right the first time.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:39 AM

I know a place that can do it and real well too. The owner is my brother's friend. They are in the San Gabriel Valley area. Let me know if interested. For an example of their work, they painted my brother's old supra with the Mercedes obsidian pearl color. Here's a pic.
Attached Thumbnails how much does it cost for painting my car?-supra.jpg  
Old 12-07-2003, 03:56 PM

nice supra..but dont know about the kit tho...too much
Old 12-08-2003, 01:47 AM
Contributing Member

i bet that picture doesnt even come near to the the quality of the paint job...
Old 12-08-2003, 01:50 AM
Contributing Member

or you can do what i see alot of people do... is prep and prime your car and get a cheapo paint job... if all you want is the out side, just aslong as the car is pre-prept, it should be pritty decent.. and i bet you can talk them down on the price cuz all they would have to do is spray it...
Old 12-08-2003, 09:49 AM

Just for your information, I spent about $1800 getting the car painted at MAACO. I had them do a lot of prep work and I also had them give me a base coat and a clear coat. The job was very good but it wasn't flawless. There are defects but I'm sure I'm the only one that knows about them.

I'd almost be frightened to see what they're $300 job looks like.

Good luck,
Matt
Old 12-08-2003, 02:37 PM

Do not **** away the extra 300 bucks on a ****ty paint job. Save up and get a decent paint job. It will cost you at least 1000 bucks. You'll be happier in the long run w/ it.

My ex-girlfriend's mom got one of those 300 dollar paint jobs.....guy didn't even sand down the chips, scratches, or pitts. Just painted over it. Its what you call a "20 footer" = looks ok from 20 feet.
Old 12-08-2003, 03:14 PM

Originally posted by irax
or you can do what i see alot of people do... is prep and prime your car and get a cheapo paint job... if all you want is the out side, just aslong as the car is pre-prept, it should be pritty decent.. and i bet you can talk them down on the price cuz all they would have to do is spray it...
not really cause...you have to buy all the stuff and you also have to send it down..but if you take to paintshop they already have the supply so it doesnt cost that much...its good to try your own but it doesnt save that much of money...
Old 12-10-2003, 09:12 AM

unless you know what you are doing and can prove it to the painter alot of them will not spray color on a pre-primed car.....and if they do they will not warranty it....spend the cash and get it done right...I spent 7500 on my last paintjob.....and man was it beautiful...too bad I wrecked thae car...
Old 12-12-2003, 01:57 PM

did u just said $7500!!!!??? on the paint job....are u serious or wat? do you own a lambo or something lol

Quick Reply: how much does it cost for painting my car?