General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Just got back from NOPI nationals.....

Old 09-21-2003, 02:48 PM

Smile Just got back from NOPI nationals.....

What a great show!!!! I never seen that amount of cars, manufacturers and babes in the same location......Kudos to the NOPI group, a very professional, well organized show. This was my son's first car show and I know that he was impressed. I might post some pics later. The 240 participation was scarce, which let me down.....whazzup with Atlanta sylvias???? I only saw a grey zenki but can remember the owners name....A couple of cool Skylines.......

Bling.Bling!!!

Old 09-21-2003, 03:33 PM
Contributing Member

My boy Raj trailered his car down to Nopi. Did you see it?

How was the event?

Did they have a drift contest there?
Old 09-21-2003, 03:54 PM

great event, everything was so organized and on time, I didnt see your friends car, to be honest with you there were soooo many cars I didnt get to see every one. You definetely need the complete 2 days to do that ( Next I will do that is worth it...) No drifting but they had a "motocrossing" event outside in the parking lot....the low rider event was pretty cool, too

here is a pic of the 240 hatch I saw.....pretty cool the guy that owns it........
Attached Thumbnails Just got back from NOPI nationals.....-carbabe.jpg  
Old 09-21-2003, 03:56 PM

Wink SORRY!!!! wrong pic.........

I post the wrong pic on that last message, here is the pic I was refering to, Stan..........
Old 09-21-2003, 03:57 PM

Attached Thumbnails Just got back from NOPI nationals.....-240nopi.jpg  
Old 09-21-2003, 06:10 PM

I just got home from ATL and I had a great time. There was infact drifting there. Drifter XL put on 4 demonstrations outside. Very well worth watching it. As for the 240s, they were pretty scares, but they were there. Me and my friend were there w/ our 240s and I saw a good amount. Great show.

Here are a couple pics of 240s I took.
Attached Thumbnails Just got back from NOPI nationals.....-dsc00383.jpg  
Old 09-21-2003, 06:11 PM

another...
Attached Thumbnails Just got back from NOPI nationals.....-3.jpg  
Old 09-21-2003, 07:44 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by dantang
I just got home from ATL and I had a great time. There was infact drifting there. Drifter XL put on 4 demonstrations outside. Very well worth watching it. As for the 240s, they were pretty scares, but they were there. Me and my friend were there w/ our 240s and I saw a good amount. Great show.

that one looks real nice..Feelin the R33 headlights
Old 09-21-2003, 09:29 PM

What kit is on this car?

Is this a 95/96 240SX with a Skyline conversion or just a body kit?

Originally posted by dantang

Old 09-21-2003, 09:32 PM
Contributing Member

from wut i can see its got a R33 front conversion...lights and all. Yummy
Old 09-21-2003, 10:27 PM

JUST got in... and it was some cool 240s out and about... just had to hunt... and I mean hunt, think I saw 10 or 15 counting s14 and the vender s15... got pictures of everyone one I saw... had 22 rolls of film... used all but one shot...

Get turn out, first nopi event and I loved every minute of it, hopfully my car will be in it next...

back to hanging the new posters...
Old 09-22-2003, 11:46 AM

Well I got robbed, I dont remember seeing anything on the web schedule about drifting events, Damn! well I miss the races too, like I said it was too much going on for just one day....
specially with the bikini contest and the babes.......

**(Note to myself)**
Make sure to buy 2 day tickets next time....
Old 09-22-2003, 02:32 PM

I was also there, But I must say it wasn't worth it.

The dam $25 a day or $40 for two just for GENERAL ADMISSION was a MAJOR RIPOFF.

There were alot of cars there, although the nissans were not strongly represnted.

I saw alot of s14's (mostly outside of show)

A few s13's in the parking lot. (saw a s13 with a sr20 conversion)

The show was a million fricking degrees and they were charging a hefty $3.00 for water! (RIPOFF)

The only thing even remotely enjoyable was the drift event with the SIL80's and the Unstble Hybridz s14. (it kicked ****)

Traffic sucked. We waited hours upon hours to get to our hotel from the show and we were less than 10 miles away.

I can say one final thing, It was a learning experience and IM NOT GOING BACK !!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2003, 11:21 AM

Originally posted by driftndodge
I was also there, But I must say it wasn't worth it.
The dam $25 a day or $40 for two just for GENERAL ADMISSION was a MAJOR RIPOFF.
There were alot of cars there, although the nissans were not strongly represnted.
I saw alot of s14's (mostly outside of show)
A few s13's in the parking lot. (saw a s13 with a sr20 conversion)
The show was a million fricking degrees and they were charging a hefty $3.00 for water! (RIPOFF)
The only thing even remotely enjoyable was the drift event with the SIL80's and the Unstble Hybridz s14. (it kicked ****)
Traffic sucked. We waited hours upon hours to get to our hotel from the show and we were less than 10 miles away.
I can say one final thing, It was a learning experience and IM NOT GOING BACK !!!!!!!!!
You should take your first year as a learning experience. After going for a few years, I've learned some tricks. First off, it's cheaper to enter your car into the show. $70 for you and a passenger for the weekend, plus you can sneak people in the trunk like we did. lol Also, if you bring a cooler w/ water that helps out a ton. And if you know the right places to go, you won't have to wait long. There is a back entrance to the speedway and it only took me 15mins to get in each day.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:23 AM

You have very good points....12 dollars for 2 pretzels and 2 waters is too much, and I had a hotel away from the area so that kind of work out, and it was cheaper too. But yes the tickets is another story, they should be much less than that specially if you are going both days of the show.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just got back from NOPI nationals.....