General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Just got my 240 today

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 08:01 PM

Just got my 240 today

Well I finally found a 240sx today. I had actually given up hope in finding one, so I decided to look for a mustang GT. I had found one that I wanted and when we went by the place, they told us that they were detailing it. SO we just went around kinda looking at cars and I feigned interest cause I wanted that mustang. All of a sudden I saw a 240sx and I had to have it. It is a white 1996 and it has 82k miles and we got it for 5,600 out the door. I want to fix a little bit of the interior first (the shift boot has a hole in it), and then I want to work on my suspension, and get some decent alloy rims. Then Im going to work on the engine. I know that I can search on this, but if anyone has any tips for free stuff to do let me know cause im excited to get started.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:09 PM
Contributing Member

Awesome, sounds like a good buy too. Only bad thing about the 96's and up, OBD-II. Have fun with her!
Old 07-09-2004, 10:13 PM

What's so bad about OBDII? Is it harder to tune for some reason?
Old 07-10-2004, 10:23 AM

OBD II is more sensitive! You can't toutch anything relative to emission becasue it will give a code and the checking engine light will come on! It is harder to tune, but anyway we still can see many OBDII cars had been heavly modify! I think you need to reprogram the ECM to trick the system! If OBDIII comes out, it will be worse! In my opionon, newer the car harder to to play with! You need to do it right! Now day's cars, is not all about how u control the car, it is about how car controls is self!
Old 07-10-2004, 02:15 PM

GJ on gettin the 240. if u would've gotten that mustang... RRR lol, j/k mustang =

Originally posted by go S13
OBD II is more sensitive! You can't toutch anything relative to emission becasue it will give a code and the checking engine light will come on! It is harder to tune, but anyway we still can see many OBDII cars had been heavly modify! I think you need to reprogram the ECM to trick the system! If OBDIII comes out, it will be worse! In my opionon, newer the car harder to to play with! You need to do it right! Now day's cars, is not all about how u control the car, it is about how car controls is self!
Old 07-10-2004, 06:15 PM
Contributing Member

go S13 said it pretty well.

BTW...OBD-III is coming out, when exactly? Not sure.
Old 07-10-2004, 06:36 PM

Thanks for all the responses. The car is almost perfect on the outside. However as I mentioned earlier the interior is just a little bit rough. There is a small hole and some cigarette burns in the backseat but the front seats are great (Still though I dont like the seat material that much) I would really like to get the seats re-upholstered with black leather. I would consider racing seats, but the ones in there now are really comfortable, and I dont really see what the big deal is about racing seats. Another issue is that the ash tray is missing. Do all nissans from that time have the same ash trays? I went to the nissan dealer, and they wanted $70 for an ash tray! They even wanteed $70 for a shift boot. I am probably just going to go to a junk yard to see if I can find an ash tray (unless anyone here has one). I dont really know what to do about the boot though. What I really want to do is something like alot of the expensive cars have. I dont really know what to call it but essentially its just a chrome plate that has notches in it for the differet gears. Kinda like how the arcade racers have their shifters, I have always thought that would be cool to do. Does anyone know where I could get one of those or would I have to get it made. One problem I have with shift boots is that all the aftermarket ones have to be tied at the tip, and I think that looks horrible, to avoid that would I just have to pull one out of another car?

This is all the questions I can think of for now. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Ks32561; 04-03-2005 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:00 PM

Originally posted by go S13
OBD II is more sensitive! You can't toutch anything relative to emission becasue it will give a code and the checking engine light will come on! It is harder to tune, but anyway we still can see many OBDII cars had been heavly modify! I think you need to reprogram the ECM to trick the system!
Oh well I know all that. I thought there was something that I didn't know about. I'm not worried about messing with OBDII if the reason is just what you said. My last car and current car are both OBDII. Thanks anyway.
Old 07-11-2004, 07:36 PM
Contributing Member

I just wanted to let you know, that is 100%, the 240 i have been looking for. Great Find!!
Old 07-11-2004, 07:46 PM

Good find and congradulations. I remeber my first day with my first 240, one of the happiest days ever.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:58 PM

that is 100%, the 240 i have been looking for. Great Find!!
It was 100% the 240 I was looking for too. I was half expecting to wake up when I saw it and drove it for the first time.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:15 PM

good job on findin a nice deal
Old 07-18-2004, 09:30 PM

Where are the Pics? Is it an SE? Sounds like a good deal man, enjoy it.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:30 AM
Contributing Member

saweet job mate! let s seem some pics!! >_< haha
Old 07-20-2004, 06:27 PM

No its not an SE , but its better than nothing. Im working on the pics, but right now I dont really have much of a computer. So ill have to upload the pics on someone elses computer. Which I wont be able to do for a while.

Quick Reply: Just got my 240 today