General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Is it just me, but does no one else get help here either. lol!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 07:41 PM

Is it just me, but does no one else get help here either. lol!

I'm not trying to be an @$$ or anything. I love S-chassis cars. I do all the work on my own car.
Now I work on my car by myself and swapped my s14 ka to a redtop. I post questions here and there to see if anyone has seen a similar problem before, but most of the time i get veiws but no replys. or if i get a reply the guy after that just agrees with the person above (not all the time, but most of the time)
It's just that it seems to me that forums are turning into..."look at my new 240" or... "i want an sr but..." or... "how much can i get a 240 for" and this that "bodykits are gay!" and uber amounts of flaming on people about "rice-ing"out their rides.
club240 use to to be a forum where i could find help from fellow 240 drivers, but now it seems like I help more than i recieve help. Maybe i could get my own section in the forum where i can post my DIY guides where all you'd have to do is search for the appropriate guide for help.
Then again, why should "I" do it, since there would be no payoff to me.
Ok I should stop ranting on... hopefully things will change and people will become more informative of actual useful information regarding s-chassis cars.
anyone feel the same?
i mean cuz nico, 240whatever, and all those forums are having the same results.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:12 PM

I'm new to the whole owning a 240 thing. But I help where I can. You most likely know more than I do as a matter of fact. I havent really had the chance to do much to my new car because some weird stuff with bills have been going on and I havent had much time to do much of anything. But once I get started I'll spread what I have learned.

IMO from what I see most people that have been around for a while feel like they are on a higher level than someone who doesnt know something. Even if that is not the case that is what it seems like. Like alot of guy's will ask a question in their own thread and get called a noob and such and the thread will be closed. But when they ask a question in one of the guy's with "track" cars thread about their setup or how they achieved something they get a smart *** answer like "the magic *** clown built it for me" or something similar. Of course the rediculously noob questions arent worth going into great detail and can just be fixed with telling the person to search but alot of times the question isnt even noob and vets get pissed and become a smartass. I think some people just feel they have superiority because of what they know or what they have done, which of course isnt right at all but it's their choice. I think the good guys are still out there, you just gotta find em lol. Everyone is trying to be Al nowadays lol. (Dude is actually really cool in person)

But if anyone ever wants to know some ae86 stuff lmk lol. I love those things.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Contributing Member

+1 to what he said
Old 04-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Contributing Member

if i know i will tell you if i dont know i dont say anything cause posting saying that i dont know dosnt get anyone anywhere lol
Old 04-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by crazydrifter
+1 to what he said
agreed, and yes body kits are gay.

but on a serious note i know what you mean, there dose seem to be a lack of knowledge. i for one know next to nothing about the sr,ca,rb....... as far as specifics are concerned. i'm more or less a ka guy other than general engine knowledge. so in short if i had an answer i'd let you know.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Contributing Member

we've discussed similar topics before. If you want to help increase popularity of the site i highly encourage you.