General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

just my luck

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 05:35 AM
Regulate

just my luck

I have such bad luck with timing for washing my car.

It hasnt rained here in about 2-3 weeks and I finally decide to wash my car this past thursday. Then it rains friday REALLY hard, huge downpour. Then it rains again on Saturday and I just happened to take out my car those two days. Just my luck.

Wasnt the first time either.
Old 08-05-2002, 12:06 PM
Contributing Member

ha ha ha ha
Old 08-05-2002, 07:15 PM
Contributing Member

Well it is murphy's law, always expect the unexpected and that's why if you clean your car all the time, then at least you'll have fewer occasions in which this happens. But as leiferik1 said, "ha ha ha ha"
Old 08-06-2002, 01:46 PM
Contributing Member

Hey it doesn't hurt that you washed it. It will be easier to wash the next time. Nothing like dried on dirt after a rainstorm.

Hey you could be like me. Clean car and lightning fried dsl modem.

Old 08-06-2002, 01:48 PM

Better then me clean the car, then get rear ended on the freeway. Or clean the car and then it catches on fire. I think im gonna stop cleaning my car, it never works out in my favor.

Statik
Old 08-06-2002, 04:17 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Statik
Or clean the car and then it catches on fire.
thats awesome
Old 08-07-2002, 01:42 AM

Yeah, Power steering pump pressure line sprung a leak, Which sprayed hot power steering fluid (highly flammable) into the engine bay. Not sure exactly what ignited it, but it wasnt a good thing to say the least.

Statik
Old 08-07-2002, 12:18 PM
Regulate

Wow, I thought I had it bad!
Old 08-07-2002, 07:08 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Statik
Not sure exactly what ignited it, but it wasnt a good thing to say the least.

Statik
so ur car was on fire? sux if it was
Old 08-15-2002, 12:22 PM
Contributing Member

man living in ny sucks... i park in the street... car always gets little nicks and scratches... and when i get a car wash it wont last for more than a day .... damn pigeons... i swear to *** that pisses me off.. ny needs a big dome around it... and it needs to be controlled by a real genius ... only opens when the sun is out... and closes when rain falls... even though we would have no trees and vegitation left... its ok who needs trees... except the reall good ones...
Old 08-15-2002, 01:34 PM
Regulate

Originally posted by malicex000
man living in ny sucks... i park in the street... car always gets little nicks and scratches... and when i get a car wash it wont last for more than a day .... damn pigeons... i swear to *** that pisses me off.. ny needs a big dome around it... and it needs to be controlled by a real genius ... only opens when the sun is out... and closes when rain falls... even though we would have no trees and vegitation left... its ok who needs trees... except the reall good ones...
LOL. Dude, I've seen damage done by pigeons, not on my car but on other people's. They are RUTHLESS with their droppings. I had to ride with one of my co-workers who lives in NY in his 2000 bmw 3 series and it was COVERED in pigeon crap because he hadnt had a chance to get it washed. I've never seen that much on a car in my life. Terrible, I feel sorry for car owners in NY.

Yeah, it hasnt rained since the day following my last car wash, go figure. So I'm planning to wash and wax again before school starts, to get it ready for cooler weather (and in a couple months, snow...maybe, it doesnt seem to snow around here anymore). God is just waiting for me to wash and wax so he can send more rain down. It's a drought until my car gets washed.
Old 08-15-2002, 01:47 PM
Contributing Member

damn pigeons... its a conspiracy i tell u ... its like they have coordinations... " lets drop our poo on this car... its nice .. its a 240... even better"... drop drop drop drop.... its like ww3 for the pigeons in ny...
Old 08-15-2002, 01:55 PM
Contributing Member

You should see the eggshells I am trying to repair on the civic. My wife left bird**** on the car to long. It was mutant NYC bird ****. They must eat acid.

All I have to say is that Clay Bars do justice.
Old 08-15-2002, 04:31 PM
Contributing Member

now that my girl spends most of the time in the crx i have to almost whoop her out to wash it. when i was locked up i swear she didnt wash it for 2 years. its almost time for new paint. then (as usual) when i wash it it rains for days.
Old 08-15-2002, 04:55 PM
Contributing Member

Well a little info, bird s**t is not reall s**t, it actually there Pi*s. That's why its so acidic from the uric acid in it. if it was really there s**t, then it would do less harm. Just a FYI for those that don't know that. Thats why if you leave bird **** for a long time it eats up ur paint.

Quick Reply: just my luck