General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Lost the Love

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 08:48 AM

Lost the Love

Well i think ive lost the luv i started out wit for the sport compact community due to stupid priks in hondas who think there the **** wit the stock b18c1 swaps in there hatchbacks and no help wut so ever from the import community around here that i used to call friends and just pure frustration wit my car i may sell it before i even put the sr in it thats setting beside it. I just dont know any more i think ive lost my passion for the cars that got me off my butt and gave me thrills, good times, and some sweet adrenaline rushes oh well just wanted to see what sum of u thought.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:58 AM

your talking bout the 240 rite..??........no!!!....dont give up on a dream.....just try give a lil time ...what made you change your mind??...to tell you the truth....i did the same way....rite now my SR is in the garage and its hard to just look at it....too much to do to it...frustration does kill you....but im going to finish it.....well after the new one.....lol......if you do keep it and drop it in...your gonna fall in love with it and have a great time when its running.....watch...lol
Old 07-15-2007, 09:11 AM

the main thing thats making me want to quite is the lack of help (kinda hard to put a motor in wit one person) and support in my area trust me i want to drop it in and show those stupid priks wut a 240 would do just wit an sr boost controller and few other lil things could do but like i said i honestly think im the only one besides two others that work on their own cars. by the way the import seen were i live can be counted on two hands unless u drive an hour away to huntsville or birmingham.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:14 AM

There's going to be *******s in every automobile enthusiast community. It's up to you whether you let them get to you, or just tune them out and do what you want to do. Also, every car that is almost a decade old will have problems now and again, you have to understand going in that its probably going to be a project...
Old 07-15-2007, 09:20 AM

Oh i def understand that a 18 year old car will def hav problems its just a lil harder here than just goin to a local junkyard and maybe findn sum parts i need cuz there is only one here wit a 240. I know im gona spend money on it i dont care just wish that i had a lil local support and maybe even a car guy thats i can stand and isnt a prik round here to maybe lend a hand when u need it i mean everyone can use a lil help especially on a project car.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:25 AM

yeah....really im the only one working ont the car.....im only 17 i have drift friends that help me out once in a while but the all haves jobs and are always busy....im also really the only kid in my hood too......well there is this 16yr old kid that lives next to me but im teaching him bout cars....no help really......lol....yeah i feel really alone i remember i was working on this 86 supra and i took out the tranny by myself it took almost 4/6hrs with 2 hydro jacks and some wood.......well there was a kid there but he went back inside to go on the computer...funny thing is that it was his car......rite now ima grab me another SR so i can have transportation but im still gonna work on this one....well its a long story.....lol...but its all you man......
Old 07-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Contributing Member

Instead of trying to get random people to help, why not a close friend of yours? A best friend's labor is usually free If you're giving up because of your lack of knowledge on exactly what to do, just search. There's a load of information and step by steps on what to do with your swap. You can do a lot of the work by yourself but you'll need someone to help you yank out the motor and to put the other one in safely. Good luck
Old 07-15-2007, 02:11 PM
Contributing Member

do what makes you happy bro.. ill never lose my passion for what i do.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:11 PM

i've never thought much of the "sport compact community". i worked on my cars because they're fun. i know the day i'll lose love for my 240sx; the day i buy my exige.

forget the rest, work on the car.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:51 PM

Theres a$$ holes in every community. It's like they also say opinions are like A$$holes, everybody has one.. I happen to be one of them. Not to make this a sensitive issue , but I know that a lot of people are EMO when it comes to other peoples constructive advice, or criticism. Some people take it harder than others.
Now if you chose to give up there is an expression that us a$$holes use it's called "you suck at life". To any sense if you want to give up that is your personal business and no one else cares about that but you. We are all here to give advice and even if it isn't the type of opinion that you can grow to accept it is an opinion none the less that you can chose to build off of that idea or not.
Constructive criticism comes with likes and dislikes, just as if I was someone judging an oil painting and saying either I like it or not. Agreed people need to learn to respect each other better and grow to have tactful opinions that don't hurt the feelings of others. Some of the most successful people in the world took bad advice and made something good of it. Heres to sum up everything I was just trying to tell you......
If you can't build from bad advice you still have a lot of life lessons to learn from...

Thread Closed... It's your life you chose the path in life that makes you happy and none of us can do that for you. Life is always presented with many paths to travel, you select the path to find your destiny, no one else can do that for you but you.

Last edited by BigVinnie; 07-15-2007 at 04:00 PM.