General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Might get a s13 on tuesday

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Contributing Member

well for me it was busy in jersey too but i lived in the city but atleast people in jersey know how to drive unlike in miami....
Old 10-07-2007, 10:13 PM

Hey guys I am new to this site. But anyways I didnt read all the way through just noticed a few of you looking for a S13 and there is a guy selling a 90 240sx for $1000 its a 5 speed sunroof has I think 85k miles body is in good shape except for a 5 inch by 2 inch wide rust spot over the driver side quarter panel. If anyone wants to get in contact with this guy let me know and I will give you the info I have and if i am not badly mistaken when I stopped by to check it out the guy there told me the owner had 2 racing engines for these cars an the way I took it they have to be skyline engines or atleast highly modified KAs. But anyways as for location its in COrbin,KY which is an hour north of Knoxville,TN.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:18 PM

Oh yea and I recently last week bought a S13 its a 91 240SX Coupe with the DOHC. I am not to familiar with Nissan engines parts etc I had a S14 years ago but was forced to sell it when I got married cause the ex wife said i would end up killing myself in it which I wish I never had considering it was an awesome car an from my understanding it can be converted into a skyline. But anyways I would like to know recommended parts for the engine an type of 5 or 6 speed tranny to get for it. As far as body goes I am getting a body kit wing and interior custom made for this car cause I like for my rides to be unique. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:34 AM
Contributing Member

i havnt driven a stock 240 for over a year and it feels weird lol its all bouncy and the car feels wobly when i take corners but that might have to do with the 18 year old suspension and rotten sway bar links also reminded me why driving with an open diff sucks ***
Old 10-08-2007, 08:46 AM
Contributing Member

Damnit batto, you just got it..either you want it or you don't...no complaining...HAHA JK
Old 10-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Contributing Member

lol i want it but i just want to fix the suspension like now LOL man i dunno how people do motor first then suspension it dosnt feel right
Old 10-09-2007, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by battosaii930
LOL yep i can rebuild my entire engine, my profession is a Automotive Technician (fancy for mechanic at a dealer) and im a nissan enthusiast but i cant tell the diff from a sohc and a dohc ka
hey i was thinking about going to school to be an automotive technician after high school can i pm you about some questions i have about the job and stuff?
Old 10-09-2007, 04:35 AM
Contributing Member

^Post that info on here Battosai. I am interested in reading that too.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:23 AM
Contributing Member

its not hard there are different vocational school you can go to and that would give you a head start in your career. i my self went to a Honda School called Honda PACT (Professional Automotive Career Training) i learned alot but to tell you the truth i learned alot more from all the people i worked with as a trainee at a real job with real hands on work.

all you need to sign up for one of these vocational school is a Drivers license and money/school loan and they usually take 2 years to complete.

sometimes i go by my old school to see my old teachers and they go "wtf you buy a nissan for? eh well it is nice" haha

depending on your area you can find vocational schools on google there are many schools made by companies like the one i went to Honda i knoe toyoto, nissan, ford and gm all have schools just go check it out.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Contributing Member

Sweet info!
how is shop life/work life?
And are you making large dough now (if u dont mind me asking...u do have 4 cars now)
Old 10-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Contributing Member

lol well im doing ok now but i will be getting paid more soon there are these test called ASE its a national certification to get one you need to be working as a mechanic for 2 years and pass the writen test. im registered to take 2 out of 8 test on nov 8 so hopfully ill pass. the difference in pay from having no ASE to all 8 ASE master technician is like getting payed $14-16 an hour to getting payed over $30 and hour flat rate.

also you goto understand how pay works as a full time mechanic/technician. its called flat rate you get paid by the job so you get paid depending on how hard you work. now for example your changing a transmission it pays 6hours to do it but that dosnt matter if you take longer then 6 hours to do it it still only pays 6 hours like me i do honda transmssions in 2-2.5 hours but i get paid 6 for each one so its big money.

also there is no overtime since its flat rate so your alowed to make as much or as little hours as you can or want. most i ever mad in a 2 week paycheck was 239 hours so that should give you an idea lol
Old 10-09-2007, 12:41 PM

^^^WOWZERS. 239 X 14 = 3346! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!This is definitely what i want to do.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Contributing Member

lol its in no way easy to break the 200 hour mark in 2 weeks you need to bust your *** and you need work to come in if people dont come in for stuff you dont get paid. my average is clost to aboue 120hours every 2 weeks but some people stuggle to make 80 hours i just learned to work efficiantly and waste no time
Old 10-09-2007, 02:32 PM

cool yea ever since like 7th grade i knew i wanted to do this...damn that was a long time ago lol..... so overall do you like your job ....and could you tell me the pros/cons of the job
Old 10-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Contributing Member

yea i like it and you can pretty much do what you want

but cons are you goto bust your *** to make big money and when its slow you make no money but thats why you always do sidejobs on your own , also your hands always get cut some how usually not that cad just small scratches and scrapes the worst cut i ever got was working at home on my s14 i needed 4 stitches on my left index finger haha.

also when your ASE certified you can basicly work anywhere and for any brand you want cause they all want you lol my friend applied for a job at a place called "The Collection" they got all exotic cars Ferrari's, Porche's, Austinmartin's and they sent him to Ferrari School now he gets paid $40 an hour salary. hes a lucky bastard i want his job lol

Quick Reply: Might get a s13 on tuesday