General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

My Car (for the whores)

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 08:04 PM

My Car (for the ******)

finally after about 2 weeks of waiting...i took my car out for about a 4 hour drive. ,am oh man...i was having doubts about it...but after tonight i am so in love with this car. hehehe...it's an auto...but i'll manage. i was thinkin about sellin it right away...but now after tonight...no way! unless the price is right

i just wanted to let you guys know i did finally get it. and also....i SHOULDNT have drove it tonight because i still have to call monday and do the insurance....i took a BIG chance....but i just had to do it...it was a stupid thing to do...oh well...i needed my fix...i've been waiting too long.

also....it started to rain....i was fishtailin just outside of my city

one thing now tho....i need power...this just isnt enough....it has an exhaust...but no intake...

what do you recommend i do to the stock ka motor....what will i see the most significant gains from...without forced induction....cams...air intake...intake manifold....all that garbage....

but kinda numbers would i see from each....and approximately the prices? please try to get some detail in....like for example...tell me about the air intake...tell me about how much it is...how much power it may make....and if there is a noticable difference...and if there is what is it like.

this might be too much to ask but you guys are ******. you know you wanna see my car get built up just as bad as i do. heheheh...

another thing...i MAY consider an engine swap...but not anytime soon...and i was wondering if i got cams....would they fit in both KA and SR??

hell...i am even thinkin about an RB..

anyways for now just as much info on the KA engine without forced induction.
Old 10-25-2003, 08:24 PM

Before you do ANYTHING....get some insurrance.
Old 10-25-2003, 08:41 PM

lol...don't worry...monday it's on...i was just too late to get it...

besides....insurance isnt gonna know about what i do to my car....it's a risk i am gonna take....a plane crashes into a building in a different country than mine and i gotta put up with double the insurance rate...its bull****...but it doesnt matter...thats why no one will know....

maybe if i get into more serious mods...like an rb swap...i'll consider letting them know...until then....i'm fine paying 1200 a year.
Old 10-26-2003, 01:09 AM

bump
Old 10-26-2003, 06:37 AM

jesus...you guys all don't "work" on sundays???? where is everybody on the forums!!.....oh yeah thats right most people do it at work...lol...my bad...well still...

right now i am considering building uop the ka to put out more power....

i just wanna know what i should go about doing to get more power..iu already asked but maybe this is clearified or something..

i dont wanna buy a replacement fuel filter for the 240....and end up changing it to a better filter before the 240 filter is dead.

i dont wanna buy a new short ram air intake...and then realize that the guy at the store was wrong and i CAN fit a cold air in.

i need info! i dont wanna buy cams once and then go and buy performance cams again and have perfectly good stock cams sitting here...know what i mean???
Old 10-26-2003, 07:44 AM

also....where would i go about getting a VLSD??

or is their an LSD thats better recommended???

i don't want one that makes any grinding noises or anything....
Old 10-26-2003, 09:29 AM
Contributing Member

VLSD would be good enough..if u dont want the grinding noise that is. Maybe a pretty cheap clutch type i dunno
Old 10-26-2003, 01:12 PM
Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure you could search for most of yoru questions and find all the answers better than I can help, but i'll try.

Injen Intake = ~200, and you'd be looking 3-6HP, and it's DEFINATELY noticeable.

300ZX fuel filter, like $30, and i'm told you can feel it rev better past 3K rpm's

91 Cams, best cams to put in our 240's, you can find a use set for under $100, and the full set will add 8-10 i'm told.

NGK plugs & Wires = ~$90, and you can notice the difference.

Pretty sure the came in a KA will not fit in a SR, totally different size engines. You'd be best settling in and deciding on spending some $$ on that KA and building it a bit. If not, save all your $$ for a SR, or even a RB. Investing 200 on an injen intake and then buying a SR isn't a good idea. IF nothing else, toss a K&N filter in.

Welcome to the forums, feel free to ask questions, just do us a favor and search first. Some of us are ******, but even us can only take so much.

hope I helped.

Dr.
Old 10-26-2003, 08:27 PM

took her out again tonight....what a beauty.

i just definitely need some more power.

so you recommend injen over aem???

personally i think injen looks better...but i'm not sure which performs better....plus injen is more expensive i think.

also...i have to get a short ram right? there is no room for a CAI???
Old 10-26-2003, 09:13 PM

theres a couple of your ****** i'd like to get screen names on msn for...sometimes i need quick answers and stuff...

mainly the 3 or 4 that helped in my first thread...nova...and others ...jynx..um...you know...the good ones :P

i got mad props today hehehehe..i love this car.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:23 AM

drnovascotia.......you always say you'd rather turbo your ka...

if you had a stock ka right now....what all exactly would you do to it...which parts? (i like top namebrand parts...injen....tanabe...the more expensive ****...know what im sayin)

which turbo's would you use...from which companies....and if you could....provide links PLEASE
Old 10-27-2003, 05:27 AM

god i'm all excited and ****!

Old 10-27-2003, 05:31 AM

i talk to myself alot on here...

here's one kit i found...XS-engineering....puts 230hp to the wheels. is xs reliable? any other turbo kits for the KA that you would recommend over this XS?
Old 10-27-2003, 06:34 AM
Contributing Member

I really wouldn't be the one to ask about the KAT, because I have not researched it all yet, i'm still saving up for my engine rebuild right now.
Do a basic tune-up first, spend a couple hundred on that, Everything I listed before. If you get an intake and exhaust and do all that you'll notice a huge difference.

And to KAT, I wanna get Ross pistons, a badass HEad Gasket, Cams, the full 9 yards. With an engine rebuilt like that it'd be running 180-200rwhp stock, which could be sufficient!

And I like the look of Injen more as well, and own it so I cannot vouch for AEM. Definately worth the $150 I paid for the intake (from a friend). If nothing else, put a k&n filter on the end, it'll give yo ua good boost. If you really wanna be cool, then relocate the battery to the trunk and make a custom intake where the battery is.

I don't do MSN, I don't let microsoft be my Messenger, heh.
I'm CanadianCoch on AIM though.

Dr.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:38 AM
Contributing Member

Im sumtime on AIM or Yahoo messenger, dont get on much nemore

AIM: IHyJynX
Yahoo: GiowstikKid & o_hyjynx_o