General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

My Nissan Memories

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 02:36 PM

My Nissan Memories

How did you feel when you first got your Nissan car? Why are you happy with it and what good times did you have with it.

I remember my high school days, when everyone make Nissan sounds like the "underdog" of when it comes to cars. My first car was a 1982 Datsun/Nissan 280ZX Turbo. Man was I happy in the car because it was the only car that I thought looked awesome for under $2000. It doesn't have the handling like a 240SX, but boy can it really dash straight like an bullet. Everyone thought I was a dumbass for A) Buying a Nissan, B) Buying a car that is older than me, and C) Not getting a Honda Civic or Integra.

One time I almost get my *** kicked at school. When some guy in a Civic was showing off his body kit, euro lights, and racing interiors. He then start telling lies about how fast his Civic was saying it's 400HP with turbo. I kept telling him to pop the hood, but he kept on saying "listen to my exhaust and tell me how many HP do you think it sounds like." He even have the "Type-R" Tachometer so I thought maybe he has at least an SI engine. Boy am I wrong about that. When he pop the hood to show off his revving again, I was laughing my *** off like hell! Everyone else (obviously I'm the smarter than everyone else) didn't notice what type of engine it was because all they see is the Honda logo on the engine.

Well the reason I almost got jumped is because I told everyone that the engine is a Civic DX's SOHC 115HP engine. Not only that, I do not see any turbo compressor located anywhere. And the worst of all is that his engine sounds weak like **** and that the only thing making loud engine noises is the exhaust. Everyone is like freaken ganged up on me, but I ask the guy for a race to prove that his engine sucks ****.

Let's just say my old ****ty 1982 Datsun 280ZX Turbo everyone maked fun of me for buying, eats that Honda like a snickers bar. Hell, we tried for a second run, and I beat him by nearly 2 car lengths. The worst part of all is when they thought I have NOS. Poor loser. The second worst part is when they say "my ride gets da girls".

One of the reasons why I love Nissan so much is that I beat every single civic and integra in the parking lot at school. Another is that I've read up a lot of stuff only to found out that Nissan has been known to make good performance cars for a very long time.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:17 PM
Contributing Member

my first and only car right now (i'm 17) is a 69 altima. needless to say i hate fwd but have never lost to a honda.

ohh yea... I WANT A FREAKING 240!!! S13 180sx boi!!!
Old 10-03-2004, 06:26 PM

....that's RPS13 little boy.....
Old 10-04-2004, 12:22 AM

yeah.. high school times where fun.

but now-a-days they stopped bragin about civics. they switches to stangs. the fun part was when one of stangs driver tried to show off by doing some burnouts.. it took me like 5 minutes of parkin lot drifting and power slideing to prove that its not about the power that you have under the hood but its about the driving technique.
sh*t.. i had a s13 with In/Ex. but boy that car was an ultimate driftin machine. anyone has what it takes to buy a powerfull car.. but not everyone's got what it takes to really show what the car can do.

but even with I/E.. i never lost to a fair race with a civic.