General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 11:51 AM

hey whats up guys, i am new to this site and the nissan world. i just bought a 95 240sx and i was to put a sr20det engine and make a type of drift car or another track car. i currently have a evo 8 with 500 plus hp and i want my 240 to do the same. are these type of numbers possile? i love my evo but miss the rwd. are there any good reliable websites to get parts from? i am from the evo world and i know of ams, i have several of there products but i just want other to compare to. any info u guys can give will be great
Old 11-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Contributing Member

Welcome to the mother f'in C L U B

Have you bought the sr20 yet? If so you just made a bad choice.

Go here www.kat.org. Turbo the origanal motor. Youll get more tq also. Ummm sr20's suck and are overused...
Old 11-12-2006, 12:24 PM

no i haven't bought it yet thanks for the update
Old 11-12-2006, 12:26 PM
Banned

do you know anything about 240's or do you just read a lot of Super Streets- do you even know the stock engine code for "your" 95 or are you just a "fan" that wants to talk about OUR cars. I doubt that if you were running an Evo with 500 ponies you wouldnt know of any good websites or resources- and if you really are honest than you should hit up JGY Customs.com
Old 11-12-2006, 12:31 PM

no i really don't know much about 240's thats why i am on the forum, i don't read super street. all of my evo parts come from turbotrix in nj, they are known for dsm and evos. i also know that ams performance in chicago wich deals with dsm and evos is starting to do 240s and srt4. i have been searching the forum but was just looking to see what people have to say
Old 11-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Banned

If u really want an SR JGYcustoms has motor deals from like 2800
Old 11-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Contributing Member

whats wrong with the SR20? its a great motor. if you have more money than time. go for the SR20, you will not be dissapointed. it is relatively straightforward for either engine to achieve 500HP, just costs a bit of money. you should also look into the RB25DET and LS1 engines.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:36 PM
Banned

theres nothing wrong with the sr20 as long as you have yur rich daddy's credit card.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Ayuaddict
whats wrong with the SR20? its a great motor. if you have more money than time. go for the SR20, you will not be dissapointed. it is relatively straightforward for either engine to achieve 500HP, just costs a bit of money. you should also look into the RB25DET and LS1 engines.
there is a new "sr18de" on jgycustoms.com- i've never seen it before.?!
Attached Thumbnails newbie-sr18.jpg  
Old 11-12-2006, 12:42 PM

yea well my father died of cancer 5yrs ago so i will save my money
Old 11-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Banned

unless u REALLY want the coolest 240 on the planet, just keep the KA24- it will be nice to you if you are nice to it.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:45 PM

just spend a few months doing research

set some realistic goals for yourself based upon that research

then you can debate which engine choice you want to make being it a ka24de/t, sr20det, rb20/5/6det/t, lsx, vg30dett, idk.... 2jz-gte

cummins diesel?

just take your time with your decisions and do it right
Old 11-12-2006, 04:57 PM

Nickz, WTF is your problem? I am getting sick of seeing your asshat posts.

Anyways, welcome to the club, Mr. Evo. That is quit an impressive power output you've got there. Check out AMS's 9 second 240. Very impressive, and with the stock engine also (ka24de-t). Enjoy your stay here and hope to be able to help in the future!

LOL at cummins diesel. If it is even possible to squeeze in the engine bay, a 700 hp, 1500 tq monster 240sx would be VERY sweet.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Contributing Member

thank you KerosineK. **** was starting to **** me off too. yea dude wtf crawled up your *** and died. its great you are giving him information, but keep your unnessasary and irrelevant information to yourself.

and wasup with everybody bashing the SR20DET? **** will own any of your stock *** KAs. only person talkin should be spencer, and thats cuz hes KA-T.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by nickz
theres nothing wrong with the sr20 as long as you have yur rich daddy's credit card.
wow some people are a little biased, sounds like u need to do some researching urself...new to the forums and already talking ****?! im glad im 20 years old, go to college full-time, and have $15,000 of my own hard worked dollars into my car..some people have love for what they do and dont need daddys credit card

to the poster 500hp is achieveable on pretty much nissan motor, so do some researching on ka vs. sr to decide what type of motor would suit your style best, also to note if this car is going to be drift/track you are not going to need the rb's or vg's so yea...honestly when it boils down to it its all personal preference, lots of people prefer the ka due to torque, i prefer sr because my car is autox and drifted and im reving to 8000rps on stock internals..

as for some sites these are all reputable:

jgycustoms
enjukuracing
heavythrottle
phase2motortrend
raretrick
autornd
google

Quick Reply: newbie