General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Opinions on rb26 s-13 top end monster.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Contributing Member

since you didnt answer my previous question this should be adequate to answer everybodies doubts: how old are you and what do you do for a living?
Old 01-08-2007, 08:33 PM

lol!!!
Old 01-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Contributing Member

no offense dude but america aint autobahn our highways arnt as thick or as maintained so we got alot of bumps hit one at 200mph and ur gona be 6 feet under. well im assuming your in the US cause were the only ones with 240's lol
Old 01-08-2007, 09:45 PM

That is exactly what I said.....this is insane if he is serious
Old 01-08-2007, 10:54 PM

No reason to lie, I'm 23 and how much I make a year is nobody's concern but mine. Just know that's it's more than enough to support my hobby and enough to kill me at tax time!

I am serious as ever about this project but don't think that I'll doing 200mph 24-7 or even 200mph at all. It's just good to know it's there if needed. No, the intention is to be able to pull on cars that are geared for top end. I don't want to run out of gear because I know plenty of vipers, vette's, and supra's that will see 180 or better.

I also won't be performing any high speed stunts like this in traffic either, that's just pure ignorance. I try to have controlled environment at all times. This ins't any rookie **** where you have people lined up both sides all the way down the strip either.

Look, this car is meant sleeper from hell. I'm basically doing what i've been doing- hustling the **** out of people which is why my hood will never be open for display. Only this time with a different project. I'm not out here to show the world that I have a rb26 blah, blah, blah! Showing off doesn't do **** for me, it just ruins the element of surprise. I'll be dammed if I invest all that cash into a car and then use it for exhibition purposes! I get out what I put in to my cars. I'm not going to harp on money racing and all that **** because you all(I hope) know that when you money race, you gotta come correct the first time.

I think like this:

1)I'll be dammed if I put 30k+ into a car and not get anything back out of it.

2) Why use your money when your car breaks instead of the money you just won? Once you make your investment back, it's all profit(business 101).

3) I never understood the concept of racing for bragging wrights(**** that)! Get money is what I say. I'm not out here to make a name for my self in the street for being fast.

I'm very passionate about cars and by no means knocking anybody that does it as a personal hobby(keeps sinking money into a project). This is how I think. Some won't like or agree with it, some will and can relate.

But if I can give any advice it would be this:

For the guys that don't compete for prizes i.e. drifting, drag racing, etc, When you go and build a car, build it with the intent to sell the car in the future. What I mean by that is, do it wright the first time and don't take shortcuts that will hinder the vehicles sales in the long run. Unless you don't give a **** and plan on keeping the car along time.

For example: even if you plan on just doing lets say an s-13 sr20 swap and you only plan to add a couple of BOLT ON'S TO INCREASE POWER. be meticulous when cleaning the new engine, repainting the engine bay , hiding wires, basically you want to make every thing look as if it were factory. Because there will alway's come a time when you'll get tired of that car, and chances are that if the car was done wright the first time, you better your chances of getting out what you put in the car and on with your next project. Everybody's know's that your work is a representation of you and if other people speak highly of you, that goes a long way when you go to sell the car.

I wouldn't call this insane but hey, your entitled to your opinion. I have delt with a fair amount of cars in my day and wanted to try something different. I feel like I came to the wright place to get some knowledge on the s-13, a car that I am very familiar with but could alway's learn more before I jump in head over heels.

I'll let you guys know what I find out at HKS and TEIN, maybe it will benefit some.

As far as bumpy roads are concerned, yall should come live in florida! I think you'll like it here 95% of the time.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:47 AM

well......any more suspoension suggestions.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:53 AM

We are just trying to make sure you don't kill yourself....

But as far as suspension, I would say your top priorities (assuming you are doing exclusively straight line racing) should be

coilovers
traction rods (to stop wheelhop)

Almost all other suspsension components are geared toward keeping the tire flat on the ground when the weight shifts across the vehicle when you corner

If you are just doing straight line stuff, I don't see what else you really need

Oh yeah, SUBFRAME spacers to stiffen up your rear end, probably aftermarker (try SPLparts.com) TRANSMISSION BUSHINGS (stainless steel)

I would get a roll cage to be safe
Old 01-09-2007, 09:22 AM

Thanks for the website JSpeath. Of course the roll cage is no question.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:24 AM

uhm if youre looking at high speeds you should look at performance cars and what they do to keep the car flat on the road, alot of them have flat pieces of under body to keep air from accumulating under the car and swirling around, basically streamlining the air under the car. start at your bumper and custom make a piece of sheet metal perfectly flat under your car with very minor bumps and adjustments in level for parts ex rearend ect ect.
get a working front lip made from an extremely strong piece of something strong. because you need to literally cut the air. picture a paper airplane with flat everything versus a paper airplane with curved wings or something like that... you basically wanna cut through the air and send what you want to the intercooler and the rest under your car... the lip needs to be at the same or slightly lower level as of your under body paneling. honestly you need to lower your car as low as you can get ... probably 2 inches on a 240 ... and the level of the under body needs to be the same from the front of the bumper to about the time where the rearend curls up after the rear axle...
get strut bars, and a trunk strut bar,
huge sway bars
and koni adjustable struts so you can tune to your liking
koni is what im farmilar with but other brands are adequate aswell
as far as springs go... youre on your own there... im used to bmws not nissans as im new to this forum
yay 240 mod time lol
anyways
front bumper is a must
and im looking for a working rear wing aswell for my mod so if you find one that is adjustable and working plz tell cuz i really dont wanna have to make one lol cuz it would be uuuuuggggllly
uhm the under body is your main priority for high speed
but make sure that the front end of the car and the rear end of the car where the underbody is is at the SAME ride height
for the best stability
cuz thats what youre looking for, stability... uhm take advantage of the downforce youre going to be creating by getting a wing that isnt 2 inches wide.... get a decently wide wing so at lower speeds there isnt as much air drag but at higher speeds there will be less drag and the same if not more downforce
also look for wings that are parallel to the ground with a flat top and airplane wing shaped bottom portion
these are the most efficiant for high speeds but dont do anything for low speeds *ex below 70*
so it would suit your needs and what i want aswell
make your car look like a ricer with a coldair intake and a wing and front bumper kit lol.
but if youre doing the engine swap and want stability
you need as close to 50 50 weight distribution as possible so get a carbon fiber hood and spray it the body color or leave it w/e you like ... uhm you can strip weight out by getting an aluminum radiator instead of a copper one *i dunno about 240sx radiators so it might be aluminum* but that helps. also remove the heater crap and ac crap cuz its excess weight... take the horn out... haha its 5 pounds but its still weight... move the damn battery to the trunk because its just extra front weight on an already front weighted car lol cuz i know the rb26 adds 200 ish give or take 50 pounds .. also leave the spare in the trunk.,.. yes its extra weight but it will help for 50 50 weight... uhm you need a roll cage so i would reccomend a good point seat belt harnes and roll cage that links to the back frame ... if you want you can hide the cage with the sides of the car... but remmeber for the tubes... bend the pipe dont weld it 100times
this is alot of money by the waylol...
you need some sick breaks too ... i mean some serious breaks man ... and some high temp break pads and a bigger master cylinder ... like... i think the 350z will work *dont quote me* look around for cylinder threads...
youre on your own with the programming of this engine cuz im a noob at that... but get 17 inch rims ... and a two or three piece rim will perform best at high speeds... you also better have 5 lugs for safety reasons.... it takes strain off of them
but you need bigg breaks... two pads per cylinder atleast to make sure you can lock the tires up at 120 ish mph... but honestly... if you wreck at 200 mph... in any car i dont care what its is
good luck surviving because sliding doesnt kill you... hitting stomething does and if you go side ways with sticky tires... youre going to flip like no other and spin and roll and go in the air and slam down and if you live... u got lucky.. really really lucky
oh take the windshield wipers off for front end weight removal
and the water tank for the wipers
and if you want some cheap power you can get a water sprayer kit and put it infront of your intercooler
because at high speeds the water will give you seom serious air cooling power on your intercooler...
oh also make sure you have a duct from the front bumper to the intercooler because it will force air to the intercooler and cause less drag by streamlining air through
i dunno if you have any other questions just aim me at
viperbite dot tk
or pm me i dont care lol
i outta respond some time
bear in mind im a noob at 240sx's so if you have any other stuff you know about them against what i told you just now tell me and im all ears
hope this helped ignoring everyones lame comments previously to me...
you need good brakes and you need a brake computer too ... i dunno where to get htem but i know at those speeds you need something that knows how muich pressure to put on the brakes without locking up ... or too much front and not enough rear and it starts sliding... soo i dunno
sounds sick you better post pics about it whne you do it
if not ill hunt you down and steal your first born gerbil ... or a hedgehog if you have one hahah
peace

*edit* holy cow thats long...
wow im sooo sorry hahaha
do i get record for longest first post ever? i hope so
cuz i want a cookie
:)

Last edited by viperbite; 01-09-2007 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:50 AM

I meant to say DIFFERENTIAL BUSHINGS

I don't know about transmission bushings, but I know SPL has stainless steel DIFF bushings
Old 01-09-2007, 04:44 PM

[i]

1)I'll be dammed if I put 30k+ into a car and not get anything back out of it.

2) Why use your money when your car breaks instead of the money you just won? Once you make your investment back, it's all profit(business 101).

As far as bumpy roads are concerned, yall should come live in florida! I think you'll like it here 95% of the time. [/B]
first of all , your first super-f+f-street race better be for $30k because after that you are going to be known as the REAL 10-second 240. Second, people that are willing to race a sleeper 240 dont have a large bankroll because they are still paying off the car that they are about to race you in. Third, I live in Florida, and the roads are nice, yes, but at 200mph a SUPER shallow highway curve feels like cutting the wheel at an intersection going 50 and i don't know if you CAN build a chassis to support this kind of force. - Build your RB monster and take it to the SALT FLATS. DON'T BE IRRESPONSIBLE , it will cost you your life>
Old 01-09-2007, 04:51 PM

I got a suggestion...why dont you get a lexus sc300 (soarer) and drop a 2jz motor in it???? It will bolt right up and no american muscle would ever think you would have a 2jz. I've seen videos of soarers beat 750cc street bikes.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Contributing Member

sorry but no public road is a safe controlled enviroment ever. only a closed track is a safe and controlled enviroment esp in florida.... where most pple buy their license and dont know english.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:04 PM

ON viperbite's post: APR has a good gt wing that carbon fiber, and is adjustable. its a sick looking wing. Rotora also has a GT wing thats pretty much the same, except a little more flashy, and its twice as much money. great post viperbite, by the way.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:11 PM

hm APR
ill check that out
cuz a real wing is what ive been looking for, by the way this forum is sweet props to all the mods and the creators n stuff
best 240 forum out there
i found 2 fixes to some problems i didnt know what they were
such as tick / knock in my cam chamber and that will be fixed this weekend aswell as the dreaded 1995 240sx sticky petal LAME! lol

Quick Reply: Opinions on rb26 s-13 top end monster.