General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Philadelphia Street Races

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 01:49 PM

Philadelphia Street Races

Does anyone on here go to the philly street races, and if so, what car do you have. I have a Midnight blue 95 240sx with a bomex kit. So look for me down there and give me a holla, my name is john. If you do go down there reply with your car and ****. Im heading down tonight around 8:30. So look for me! I go down every friday and saturday.
Old 02-10-2003, 07:43 PM

Find a race track guy and dont watch fast and furious too much.

JR
Old 02-11-2003, 07:52 AM

car club forums are probably the worst place to talk about any forum of street racing
Old 02-11-2003, 01:02 PM

Originally posted by 2FortyessX
car club forums are probably the worst place to talk about any forum of street racing

unless its a spur of the moment type deal where u just take it up to 80-100mph quick and slow down quick . but those organized gatherings
Old 02-11-2003, 03:37 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by jin kazama
unless its a spur of the moment type deal where u just take it up to 80-100mph quick and slow down quick . but those organized gatherings
Those kind of posts lead to 90+ people getting busted at a local illegal race spot.
Old 02-11-2003, 03:47 PM

Im all for people with common interests in imports or cars in general getting together and hanging out, but street racing is stupid. Road racing is alot better in my opinion but only on closed roads or designated tracks. If you cant find one around your area, dont race. Go to the local drag strip if you feel you just gotta go fast. The street is no place for racing. If you can't help but race on the street you dont deserve a lisence.
Old 02-11-2003, 04:00 PM

Originally posted by Jeebs
Im all for people with common interests in imports or cars in general getting together and hanging out, but street racing is stupid. Road racing is alot better in my opinion but only on closed roads or designated tracks. If you cant find one around your area, dont race. Go to the local drag strip if you feel you just gotta go fast. The street is no place for racing. If you can't help but race on the street you dont deserve a lisence.
yeah, im cool if you're getting together to kick it and just chill. but getting together to street race is like you said, stupid. but, sometimes i do race ( mostly hwy not organized ), from a roll at about 40mph. usually take it up to 100mph and then shut down. and dont get me wrong, i dont do it when other people are around or in traffic. this is just a once in awhile thing, like i said, spur of the moment. i only do this with people worth my time
Old 02-11-2003, 06:40 PM

Well, Its stupid we all should agree on that but some times stupid things are fun to do. Don't get me wrong I do not go out and try to find street racers however if someone challenges me I don't disappoint em.

JR
Old 02-11-2003, 06:55 PM

There are some instances where its perfecty fine to street race. That time is usualy weeknights from 2-5am IMO, or when there are no cars around for a long while like on the highway where you can see things like that. Now people who hod rod their **** through neighborhoods should be shot in the foot.
Old 02-11-2003, 07:10 PM

or stabbed in the face
Old 02-12-2003, 08:11 AM

Originally posted by Jeebs
There are some instances where its perfecty fine to street race. That time is usualy weeknights from 2-5am IMO, or when there are no cars around for a long while like on the highway where you can see things like that. Now people who hod rod their **** through neighborhoods should be shot in the foot.
people who do that deserve to crash and burn. the only times i've accepted a challenge was clear roads, non-residential. and late at night on my way home from work. you know, gotta let out some stress . but yea i agree, late at nite, no cars around, and non-residential. and i dont always race people who challenge me, sometimes i just laugh and keep driving
Old 02-12-2003, 02:30 PM

Worst crash from a street race ive seen was on Westheimer in Houston(might have heard something about the raid on the racers over on the news or something a while ago). We were leaving and are already on the highway, but still have a clear view of the street. 2 cars were hauling ***, EG Civic Hatch and an older MR2, and the civic breaks hard and just starts sliding, so much he hits the MR2 and sends them both into the side of a building. I have no clue if either made it out alive, but it looked bad from my point of veiw. Of course it was about 2:30am and Westheimer was still crowded as hell. The hatch slammed on his breaks to avoid hitting a mini-van. Why i dont get in cars with stupid people.
Old 02-12-2003, 09:32 PM

I'm gonna respectfully disagree with those of you who think street racing is always wrong. There used to be runs in Oakland where we'd be on a totally off street by the docks where literally no pedestrians or drivers came to unless they were there to race. These were industrial streets that were never used after the dock worker type people went home. The races were always great and no bystanders ever got hurt. Unfortunately, the cops got wise and too many people ended up face down in cuffs. In my opinion, all the cops had to do was come out and officially block that useless street off and supervise the races. The only time anyone ever got hurt was when they were running from the cops anyway, they were actually causing more problems than they were preventing. Most importantly, THE TRACK IS NOT AN ALTERNATIVE TO STREET RACING. Paying 20 bucks and getting 2-3 runs is not my idea of a good time. As far as I'm concerned, the track is only good for finding out your ET. I'm sure many will disagree, but I'm ready for it.

BTW, I completely agree that racing on streets with civilians driving alongside is purely retarded. Also, racing on any street that has a cross street is dumb as hell, no matter what time of night.

Last edited by S15 Powered; 02-12-2003 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:34 AM

i hear and feel where you are coming from s15, but i still think organized street races are stupid and dangerous. 100+ people on a street with cars thinking they are bad *** and trying to show off and race, thats asking for trouble. IMO.
Old 02-13-2003, 01:57 PM

Originally posted by jin kazama
i hear and feel where you are coming from s15, but i still think organized street races are stupid and dangerous. 100+ people on a street with cars thinking they are bad *** and trying to show off and race, thats asking for trouble. IMO.
No one thinks they're bad *** and no one's really there to show off. It's people gathered for the common passion for cars and a need for speed. Trust me, if these people had an alternative, as in organized races in a similiar set up with a few cops supervising, they'd go there in no time, but they don't have that option.

Quick Reply: Philadelphia Street Races