General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Post Your Best 240 Moment Here

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 10:58 AM
Contributing Member

that sounds like my job...my boss asked me to do burnouts in the parking lot because he had never seen a 250 before and didnt believe me that it was rear wheel drive. he as a altima 3.5l nice. hes like how are you sliding out your back end. im told him it was just talent, so i took him for a drive and he figured it out
Old 01-26-2005, 10:59 AM
Contributing Member

This isn't the best, but I thought I'd share it in this thread instead of making a whole new one for my small story:

The other night I was driving along this long road and it was night time, so I had the gauges on... this car full of dudes in a Civic Hatch (I dunno, everytime I see a Civic loaded with 4-5 people it makes me laugh) was in the left lane (I was in the right lane) and even from way back I noticed them speeding up to catch up to me... they caught up in your typical 2F2F style (catchup then slow down and match the speeds)... I knew they were coming so I didn't even glance over, just kept driving as usual. I noticd that they backed off a little - just enough so that I couldn't see the Civic from the corner of my eye - so being paranoid like I sometimes am, I decided to turn my head and look. I saw the guy sitting in the middle of the back seat (again, Civic hatch - SUCKS TO BE THAT GUY) pointing up at my car. It looked like he was telling his friends about the gauges. Okay, no prob.

So then the Civic downshifts, pulls back even with my car (mind you, I'm still going 40mph driving normally) So I glance left again and the driver is looking at me, doing the "I'm better than you let's race" look at me, so I have a quick laugh to myself and keep driving.

So the Civic driver, apparently upset that I was laughing at him (okay, I did it on purpose) lurched forward about 1/2 a car ahead of me, and ALL OF THE PEOPLE IN THE CIVIC had their neads turned back at me, seeing if I'd make a move. So I made my move -

- we were reaching a redlight, so I put the car in neutral, "accidentally" tapped the gas pedal (the KA revved) and then I hit the brakes in a normal, daily driving fashion.

Meanwhile, the Civic drive, seeing me slow down, turned his head back forward (where was supposed to be looking in the first place) and they were coming up to a Ford SUV in a hurry. The Civic slammed on the brakes, and the other 4 guys in the car (who were still trying to give me the "gangsta" stare) all turned forward and braced themselves. One of the guys in the back seat threw up his hands in the air. They didn't hit the truck, but it was close.

When the light turned green, I ended up passing by them slowly and all of the guys in the car were staring dead straight ahead as if nothing happened.

Old 01-26-2005, 11:04 AM
Contributing Member

LOL THATS AWESOME!!!!
Old 01-26-2005, 11:07 AM

Haha thats funny about the managers. Man I wish either it snowed around here, or we had mountains. Theres only one curve where I live even worth mentioning, and its a bridge. Im thinking about going on a road trip this summer, so Ill have to make sure theres a mountain range on route to my destination.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:09 AM

my best 240 moment was when I first sat in the drivers seat, turned her on, and took her home with me
Old 01-26-2005, 11:30 AM
Contributing Member

sounds like the kind of intro you see in certain types of movies...
Old 01-26-2005, 12:24 PM

well with the snow and everything i have a few moments i'd like to share. Not the best but hey whatever. It snowed damn hard so i went snow drifting with my bad shocks before i replaced em so it made it little more tuff with the bouncing and everything. Spent 4 hours in one parking lot and another 2 hours in my school parking lot. The following monday (i did it on a saturday) everyone in school was asking why someone turfed the lawn outside my school. Go figure i couldnt remember the boundries of my parkinglot.

Another time i went to go pick up my buddy and he lives on a dead end with a cauldasack (sp?) so i flew past him while he stood in the snow and hit it around the cauldasack and just sat there spinning the tired while riding around it sideways. This went on for about ten minutes befor he called me and i told him to try to get in it while it was still moving. He eventually ran up to the car and tried to get in through the window. Thats when i pulled the e-brake and tapped him with the tail end of my car and he fell over in the street. It was rather funny... till he beat my *** for it.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:03 PM

Dang, there was about three posts written while I was typing my last post. That part about the guys in the civic is classic. I remember once, I was driving home from school, and was on a bridge that I take to get home. I see this car coming up behind me and it starts flashing its lights at me. At the same exact time, I am getting annoyed at this person infront of me, so I end up getting right behind the car (some piece of crap). They speed up, and get to where I can get beside them, so I do. I look over and its some 45yr old looking woman. I might have raced her, if I could have stopped laughing, lol.

Note: not that theres anything wrong with older woman racing, but, well, you know...
Old 01-26-2005, 08:08 PM

1 of my favorite times was when i went to see my girl friend at work around lunch time. She works at Safeways. I pulled in to the parking lot and there was a lamp post with no one parked by it so I hacked a nut around it and stop perfectly striaght in a parking stall. There was a guy and girl loading bags into there truck a few stalls down and the chick was clapping and the dude gave the thumps up. It was kinda funny.

another fun time was when I worked grave yards at Overwaitea. i got to work at 11:30 and went in to the office. ken (the new night manager) had an old school 6cyl Supra. And was always wanting to race. So I said lets go to the top of the parking lot (it was really long and open). we got Glennis, shes the main store manager to come out and be the flager. He beat me by a good car lenght but it was still alot of fun. Glennis thought it was pretty cool!
Old 01-28-2005, 02:02 AM

my first time clearing a on ramp full way through...going down hill! (raining)
Old 01-28-2005, 02:35 PM

My best time was when i was on my way home right after i bought the car and a focus pulls up next to us (me and my dad, my dad was driving, dont know why but neways...) and he revs his little engine and im like ahh hes got nuthin but a pipe and my dads like ok well lets just check, so we pull up next to him and rev a little and pull away with huge a$$ smiles on our faces and my little brother saying did we win? did we win?
Old 02-16-2005, 01:35 AM

the best moment ive had is every time i get in it after the accedint i had just 2 days after i baught it totaled the car got the money back 2,900 of the 4k i paid for it but its still drive able just a dent in the rear fender need a new bumper and trunk. damn i love my baby
Old 02-16-2005, 06:31 AM

My best 240 moment was probably last night.... I hit a long sweeper at about 70 mph.....

I was scared
Old 02-16-2005, 09:03 AM
Contributing Member

One day i was on the way to school after a night of racing with my group. So i wanted to chill because i had been drifting hard that night. so im doing the speed limit ( really ) and i have a dual megan exhuast and test pipe. so even when i drive slow it sound like im killing it sometimes. so this brand new 2003 civic comes up with his girl and they are like laughing at my car, i think cause i had my drift tires on and they thought i was like poor or something. so i just waved him off and then i said **** it my 240 has some **** left. ( reminder im running really rich ) so i droped to 3rd and caught him and i released the throttle really quick and then steped on it, i blew a 3 foot fire ball on his car, and his girl screamed.

pretty funny
Old 02-16-2005, 09:07 AM

Originally posted by Biggamehit
One day i was on the way to school after a night of racing with my group. So i wanted to chill because i had been drifting hard that night. so im doing the speed limit ( really ) and i have a dual megan exhuast and test pipe. so even when i drive slow it sound like im killing it sometimes. so this brand new 2003 civic comes up with his girl and they are like laughing at my car, i think cause i had my drift tires on and they thought i was like poor or something. so i just waved him off and then i said **** it my 240 has some **** left. ( reminder im running really rich ) so i droped to 3rd and caught him and i released the throttle really quick and then steped on it, i blew a 3 foot fire ball on his car, and his girl screamed.

pretty funny
HAHA... thats a great story..... wish i could have seen that...

heres a video of the sweeper i took last night.... video was taken by my buddy with his digital camera so the quality isnt the best

IN CAR (right click save as)
http://209.245.59.185/Gimme/65408007.../2/IN_CAR1.avi

Quick Reply: Post Your Best 240 Moment Here