General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Power Chips?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 08:15 PM

Power Chips?

I thought about getting a power chip for my car, any suggestions on which one to get and where to get one? Also, does anyone know anything or own the Venom 400 Control Module? It seems pretty bad@ss but i just want you guy's opinion first cause all my knowledge is in domestic cars and my stepdad wont help me cause he thinks im wasting my time and money on performance mods cause he thinks i dont need a fast car because i'll kill myself. I was like wtf, i drive a 400hp dirt-track car every saturday night over the summer i know wtf im doing. LOL

^sorry bout the off-topic **** at the end

THANKS for any input
Old 12-28-2004, 08:55 PM

Welcome to the forums!

I dont know much of the powerchips or ECU piggyback systems, but Please dear lord don't get the Ebay ones.....

Venow makes good parts, I'd say your best bet (and deepest cashflow) would be with them. Try a search. It's amazing what that little button can do.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:33 PM

Thanks alot, i'll try the search. And also, thanks for welcoming me to the site, this place is addicting, ive been on it all day!
Old 12-30-2004, 12:43 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by tl240
Thanks alot, i'll try the search. And also, thanks for welcoming me to the site, this place is addicting, ive been on it all day!
Most of us who are really into their cars (not just following a trend) usually have spent weeks on the forums reading about all kinds of stuff we didn't know when we first bought our cars

welcome
Old 12-30-2004, 01:15 AM
Contributing Member

hell i don'e even have a 240 ...yet (6 months away)
Old 12-30-2004, 03:21 PM

Yeah, I've spend days on end in here. Wow. I wish there was a 240 crowd around here....
Old 01-01-2005, 04:52 PM

l2aine
yeah tell me about, my girl is jelouse of my car.hahaha!
she should be,lol
Old 01-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Contributing Member

hell in most cases you can rely on the car more than you can the girlfriend... she wont leave ya for another man you dont have to wait in line for her dry cleaning... and no matter how much trash you talk bout her she is still in the driveway the next morning... less you live in a high crime are and then all bets are off...
Old 01-02-2005, 04:13 PM
Contributing Member

Re: Power Chips?

Originally posted by tl240
I was like wtf, i drive a 400hp dirt-track car every saturday night over the summer i know wtf im doing. LOL

^sorry bout the off-topic **** at the end

THANKS for any input
Um, the difference between driving on a track and driving on the streets is that you actually ned skill to drive a track, and everyone is aware of everyone else... unlike the streets - I don't care if you drive a freakin jet car... what makes you think that the rest of the drivers on the public roads know you exist? The lady and her makeup... the teenager on their cellphone... the old man with his thick glasses and handicapped sign... etc. Just because you drive a strong vehicle in a controlled environment, remember the streets aren't as safe LOL

Back on topic - Weird - I don't think I've ever heard of or read anyone using the Venom module... I think a lot of people hear "Venom" and they think "nitrous". Also, I've heard that JET makes one for our cars, but that it's not reliable either. I guess throw that in with the Ebay $0.99 resistor.

There's always JWT but then again it's not just a chip - it's the whole damn ECU.

OFF TOPIC: wikd240, you can't bang your car. Kay
Old 01-03-2005, 09:17 PM

Originally posted by l2aine
Most of us who are really into their cars (not just following a trend) usually have spent weeks on the forums reading about all kinds of stuff we didn't know when we first bought our cars

welcome
Welcome to my world.....*sigh*
Old 01-15-2006, 02:43 AM

What is the "venom" mod everyone is talking about? Cause when I hear "venom,'" as someone has alread mentioned, I think of a nitros system.

Also, I was unaware that JET made a chip for 240's. I had one in my 91 Accord Xi and I noticed a considerable difference in performance. Perhaps it has to do with the car and the way it interfaces with the car's ECU? Hell, I'm no mechanic and don't claim to be, but I sure would more about this "venom" product and anyone who's tryed out the JET chip.

Thanx,
Guy
Old 01-15-2006, 09:54 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by 91240SXGuy
What is the "venom" mod everyone is talking about? Cause when I hear "venom,'" as someone has alread mentioned, I think of a nitros system.

Also, I was unaware that JET made a chip for 240's. I had one in my 91 Accord Xi and I noticed a considerable difference in performance. Perhaps it has to do with the car and the way it interfaces with the car's ECU? Hell, I'm no mechanic and don't claim to be, but I sure would more about this "venom" product and anyone who's tryed out the JET chip.

Thanx,
Guy
Since I've been here I don't recall anyone actually trying a JET chip... as for Venom, learn more here if you are that interested
Old 01-15-2006, 10:58 AM

Yeah I looked into the JET CHIP it is pretty much a scam, they really don't do anything accept remove the limiter from what I've heard.
The venom dumps more fuel when you are at WOT (wide open throttle).
SAFC allows you to increase or decrease fuel dumping through out the entire RPM (piggy back unit) .
Biki ROM is an OEM replacement standalone for $300.
then you have your $1000~2000 strandalones, Mega Suirt I believe sels for $300 though.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:05 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by SR20detoofast4u
Yeah, I've spend days on end in here. Wow. I wish there was a 240 crowd around here....
start ur own.

i have a buddy named Kyle with a RB powered Coupe, he drives from MD to SC all week. he also compete and has won some drift comps, cool dude.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:21 PM
Contributing Member

^ um, you quoted something from 2 years ago. LOL

Quick Reply: Power Chips?