General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Pump more power out of my car????~

Old 07-27-2005, 11:02 AM

Pump more power out of my car????~

~ Just wanting to know what i can do to pump more power out of my car without trubo, Super, or NOS. It already has a Cool Air intake, 150 cc fuel pump , and a straght pimp 2.5" exhaust. I was thinking i might get 10hp more with some high flow plugs and 9.5mm plug wires if i can find them that big. And is there a perforacne chip for these cars?
Old 07-27-2005, 11:36 AM

Are talking about that BMW in your sig?

Turbo for a Heart, Nitros in my blood, Speed written in my vanes! Now what does that tell you about me
That tells me you can't spell veins.

Last edited by down_shift; 07-27-2005 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:55 AM
Contributing Member

^^
Sounds like a RICER to me...

Theres SO many things you can do to increase power without adding turbo or nitrous.

TRY SEARCHING!!!

Last edited by Slidin240; 07-27-2005 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:43 PM

high flow plugs wtf
Old 07-27-2005, 01:33 PM
Contributing Member

you'll never see a 10hp gain from plugs and wires.. more than likely it might run better, but there aren't going to be gains, just smoother powerband... all depends what how much you want to spend... You can take the engine out and rebuild it, bore it over, port and polish, have everything balanced, new cams, injectors, get some fuel managment.. there's a N/A KA thread somewhere, search.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:08 PM
Contributing Member

cams and cam gears
Old 07-28-2005, 11:03 PM

Take the heavy as *** box out of your car.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:07 PM

3in exhaust will give you a extra few on the top end, e-bay spark plug wires(NGK or Ractive), cheap obx steel headers, new pulleys = about 175whp, or you can get a DIY turbo kit for like $2000 and be pushin like 230+ whp. All motor can be kind of expensive.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:27 PM
Contributing Member

what the hell, you can't get 175whp from exhaust, header, and pulleys... a red top sr20det only puts out 180whp...a stock good running ka24de puts about 135-140whp
Old 07-29-2005, 08:27 PM

Re: Pump more power out of my car????~

Originally posted by SpeedDemon4x4
~ Just wanting to know what i can do to pump more power out of my car without trubo, Super, or NOS. It already has a Cool Air intake, 150 cc fuel pump , and a straght pimp 2.5" exhaust. I was thinking i might get 10hp more with some high flow plugs and 9.5mm plug wires if i can find them that big. And is there a perforacne chip for these cars?
Depends on the type of power you are looking for.
If you are looking for rear wheel Horse power you need to drop the drive train degredation such as, Aluminum flywheel, aluminum pulley, even an aluminum drive shaft if you can get your hands on one.
Dropping anemic degredation will also increase your rear wheel HP such as cold/short air intakes, performance headers, high flow cat, cat back exhaust systems, even the type of filter you use such as medical cotton gauze(K&N), or sponge types (blitz or HKS).
You can also increase HP at the wheels by removing your belt driven radiator fan and replacing it with an electric drive fan, removing the A/C unit if you don't care for luxuries such as cold air will save you upto 10HP at the wheels, even replacing the belt driven water pump with an electric drive water pump will save you on average 5 WHP.
Now if you are looking to increase crank HP there are a few options, such as cam's higher lobe and longer duration, Engine management systems such as reprogramming are key also to smoother fuel dumps, larger injection size will also increase your crank HP as well as a larger fuel pump, but those upgrades are only recomended with a reprogrammed ems.
If you have a 240 with KA P.M me I can help you out with parts.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:28 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by oninismo
3in exhaust will give you a extra few on the top end, e-bay spark plug wires(NGK or Ractive), cheap obx steel headers, new pulleys = about 175whp, or you can get a DIY turbo kit for like $2000 and be pushin like 230+ whp. All motor can be kind of expensive.

You sir, is an IDIOT

Last edited by Helghast; 07-30-2005 at 02:51 AM.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:19 AM

Originally posted by oninismo
I think I understand where you got that figure, but the fact is it's wrong. The KA on a 3rd gear HP pull only makes 129whp with only a cotton gauze filter.
PDM racing proved with cams, intake, header and pulley the KA only pulls 168WHP, that means it has the equivelant of about 190 HP at the crank adding what would be minus the 15% degredation the KA gets through the drive train, and OEM bolt ons. Cams were used to make the majority of that power.
No way with just your basic bolt ons will you achieve any whp greater than the 155CHP that the KA makes at the crank, it is not possible.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:23 AM

Originally posted by Ayuaddict
cams and cam gears
Good point from Ayuaddict.
Only cams, fuel management, and engine management will make the largest gains in CRANK Horse Power.
Everything else just lets you shift the power band either more towards torque, or more towards HP. "THAT MEANS BOLT ONS".
Old 07-30-2005, 09:36 AM

i read some posts about cams, but since we're on the topic, with my new engine I got i/h/e, electric fan and was considering cams what would be a good recomendation to make some power for not an ungodly amount? I was thinkin the cams that came in the 93 i believe it was but I couldnt find how much power those gave. I'm also looking at getting a jim wolf tech ecu one day. You could always raise the compression if your goin n/a I'm sure. Dont forget about the free "mods" everyone talks about like coolant bypass etc not sure how much that will help though.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:44 AM

Originally posted by NcTwOfOuRtY
i read some posts about cams, but since we're on the topic, with my new engine I got i/h/e, electric fan and was considering cams what would be a good recomendation to make some power for not an ungodly amount? I was thinkin the cams that came in the 93 i believe it was but I couldnt find how much power those gave. I'm also looking at getting a jim wolf tech ecu one day. You could always raise the compression if your goin n/a I'm sure. Dont forget about the free "mods" everyone talks about like coolant bypass etc not sure how much that will help though.
Well if you still have the SOHC you will want to speak with Devious KA, known as Gabe z. he manages this shop http://hybridka.com/sohccustom.htm
Or if you swapped to DOHC the most affordable for the pricing is the PDM cams, or the colt cams made for the DOHC KA frontier line of trucks. http://www.pdm-racing.com/ , www.coltcams.com/
I make more HP with my SAFC that I bought for $269 on ebay than what Jim wolfe could of offered me for $500.
If you want a sick piggy back you can try what is called the SMT6, or you can call Scott at enthalapy tuning. He will reprogram your ECU to produce more power than the crappy Jim Wolfe ECU.
Raising your CR to 11.1:1 I think is the highest CR you can use before the KA isn't smogable anymore, I plan on installing a wiseco forged kit in the 11.1:1 CR as soon as I can find a second block to swap too. It is known that with the ecu reprogram, larger injection of 370cc, bolt on mods, and performance cams. The KA can roughly achieve 240CHP, or about 220whp with those type of mods.
If you are looking for forged internals people go here.
http://www.rpmmachine.com/enginerebu...nissantop.html
or www.nizzx.com/engine%20build%20up.asp

Last edited by BigVinnie; 07-30-2005 at 10:49 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pump more power out of my car????~