General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Pump more power out of my car????~

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 10:24 PM

well thanks for the reply and references, yea I never heard much about jim wolf tech but from what I did here until now was good, and if I can get something better for less I'm definately going to. I did swap for the dohc, its out of a 95 and instead of doing it like all the write ups I read I got the wiring done and just kept the 95 ecu, plenum, obd2 etc. dont think that matters though. I spoke with a guy that runs a local shop and he recomended the safc and a pulley so I am looking into that. appreciate your help I'll keep you guys updated I hope on getting a good run at the track with my current mods and whatever I do afterwards I'll have a comparison.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:46 AM

Originally posted by NcTwOfOuRtY
well thanks for the reply and references, yea I never heard much about jim wolf tech but from what I did here until now was good, and if I can get something better for less I'm definately going to. I did swap for the dohc, its out of a 95 and instead of doing it like all the write ups I read I got the wiring done and just kept the 95 ecu, plenum, obd2 etc. dont think that matters though. I spoke with a guy that runs a local shop and he recomended the safc and a pulley so I am looking into that. appreciate your help I'll keep you guys updated I hope on getting a good run at the track with my current mods and whatever I do afterwards I'll have a comparison.
I'll let you know how my runs go too man. I have safc, aluminum flywheel, aluminum pulley, performance cams, DC sports header, High flow CAT "CATCO 2.5", pacesetter cat back, intake, coolant bypass, removal of secondaries, and my personal favorites............
EGR block off, and advanced timing @ 4 degress with platinum spark plugs....
One killer KA and I haven't even bumped the CR to my recomended 11.1:1 yet. Or the electric radiotor fan from the 91 nissan sentra. Or my new fuel system from a nissan sr20det 370cc injection high impedence, and removal of the WEAK safc for the enthalapy ECU.........
OH and I have a 91 it has a higher fuel dump than your model KA.........

Last edited by BigVinnie; 07-31-2005 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:21 AM

alright no problem I'm lookin forward to seein it sounds like its gonna be good. I'm about to do some searchin on the EGR block off i remember seein a thread before..I'm bored today and need something to do that hopefully wont cost money.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:57 AM

Do the coolant bypass too while you are at it....
You will defenitely feel additional power and aceleration. Easy free mod, hopefully I explained it well in this thread.
http://www.club240.com/forums/showth...1&pagenumber=2
Old 07-31-2005, 10:55 AM

good deal I been searchin for a write up on that for a while surprised I never found that now if only it will stop raining I can get to work, if not I can get it tomorrow thanks very much
Old 07-31-2005, 11:00 AM

high flow plugs should get you about 5hp to the wheels. After that, polishing the lugnuts is good for a dyno proven 2hp. Add some well-placed NOS stickers and you will certainly eclipse your goal of only 10hp.

Any more than 20 or so hp will really require some underbody lighting, maybe some windshield wiper lights too, if your car doesn't have chrome rims.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:22 AM

which PDM cam are you guys talking about? they have serveral option. if just the cam and several bolt on can make 190 on the crank that's pretty impressive. cuz all I want is a car with around 200hp
Old 08-01-2005, 08:08 AM

Originally posted by jackyliem
which PDM cam are you guys talking about? they have serveral option. if just the cam and several bolt on can make 190 on the crank that's pretty impressive. cuz all I want is a car with around 200hp
Only there stage 1 cam is smogeable for the 91-94 240sx. That is the one that they did the dyno for. I'm pretty shure that with an SAFC, or a reprogrammed ECU making that 200CHP is very achievable you may even make over 200CHP with the addition of the ECU.
Here is Scott's 240sx, and just with ECU reprograming and a few bolt on's he was acheiving about 169WHP at the wheels, "that is without cams". He ran a 14.9 in the 1/4 mile which I will let you know that beats the 1/4mile time of a bone stock RSX-S, and the KA is still making less HP, must of been the torque.
http://www.geocities.com/wssnider/240sx.html
Old 09-04-2005, 09:19 PM

Originally posted by lrb_2000
you'll never see a 10hp gain from plugs and wires.. more than likely it might run better, but there aren't going to be gains, just smoother powerband... all depends what how much you want to spend... You can take the engine out and rebuild it, bore it over, port and polish, have everything balanced, new cams, injectors, get some fuel managment.. there's a N/A KA thread somewhere, search.
plugs, wires, AND timing advancement you'll see maybe 8-10 hp... you also risk engine knocks and pre-detonation of plugs... god bless iridiums.

~eji