General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Quality Fluids [Sticky?]

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 01:20 AM

Post Quality Fluids [Sticky?]

From the research and reviews, I've found Royal Purple to be the 'best' Oil.... I figured why not have a list of the best[s]!

Of course there will be opinionated responses, but hopefully after a short while we can compile the ''winners'' into a sticky that reccomends the best fluids....

Oil: Royal Purple?

Brake Fluid:

Transmission Fluid:

Antifreeze/Coolant:

Engine Treatment(s):

Blinker Fluid:
[haha...]
Old 01-30-2006, 10:57 AM
Contributing Member

window washer fluid?...lol
is this really nessesary though? because people are going to want to know why these brands are the best...how do you define best anyways?...why is royal purple the best oil? does it have the best compromise between price and quality? or maybe the best price? does it last longer? lubricate better? warm up faster?...maybe it smell the best?
Old 01-31-2006, 03:10 PM

i find that windex and newspaper make my windshield look like new. so you have that 'i just bought a new windshield' look without ever buying a new windshield
Old 01-31-2006, 04:17 PM

window washer fluid: Evian water. its pure ditiled water and better than actual "window washer fluid"
Old 01-31-2006, 05:36 PM

I've seen these questions asked a million times, that's why.. yes, I think it's neccisary. I never said Washer fluid, that's stupid... but seriously, knowing the top products for your car, isn't a good idea, explain that to me..

Every post is going to be flooded with opinion, can't avoid that.. but there are products out there that out perform others, some even cost saving, that's my goal.. to find out what products you can just get the cheap stuff, and what you should spend extra for [Royal Purple] Royal purple is used in the majority of the racing world, not to mention they have a number of benefits over many other synthetics.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:47 PM
Contributing Member

transmission - MT90
engine - synthetic 20w50
coolant - 50/50 peak performance (premix
-distilled water + water wetter
dont have window washer
brake fluid - never changed
engine treatment - never used... seafoam i guess

Last edited by nsn240; 01-31-2006 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:48 PM
Contributing Member

hey window washer fluid is important, you can have all the best fluids but if you cant see out your window.......nvm it was suposed to be a a joke
Old 02-01-2006, 03:56 PM

I use Prestone's premix I think, It's yellow... but the 50/50 is way more cost efficiant even if you grab the top brand :]

I did a lot of reading on some forum somewhere, that said you don't even need to upgrade your brake rotors/calipers - Just get new brake lines, performance pads, quality brake fluid and good tires. That if you really needed to you could get new calipers, maybe rotors.... On there was a list of quality brake fluids i'll have to look for it again.

thx nsn
Old 02-01-2006, 07:29 PM

It all depends on the perogative of the consumer. All oils, or fluids (yada, yada) carry there own magical solution (yeah right).
When it gets down to the nitty gritty all oil comes from one place, synthetic oil comes from the same place (recycled oils), it's all the same. Some just add additives to make theres more special to say that it is better than another, No matter what type of testing a company did to say theres is better when it's all the same.