General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Raced an Integra...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 03:46 PM
Contributing Member

Raced an Integra...

Before you start bashing about how street racing is stupid I KNOW. But I live in a very small town with a long stretch of road. It is very smooth and has good visibility for a bout a mile. Obvioulsly its still dangerous but at least im not doing it in town.

Anyways I raced him twice. He has a 93 LS I believe with intake and exhaust. Hes a bud of mine. 1.8 with 140 horse stock and its lighter. His is stick and I have an auto 91 with intake and exhaust. My engine isnt in top shape though it could use a rebuild. The first time I beat him by two car lengths. We both went about the same speed at about 105 but he spun his tires and didnt take off as fast.

The second time he hooked up and left me and beat me by about 2 car lengths (Damn Auto) I was catching up though he said he was going 105 but I Was over the 110 mark prob 115-117.

After doing some research Integras do a faster quarter than 240sx. But he sucks at driving stick Sooo... Do you have any suggestions about have to take off quickly in an auto 240? I wanna get best 2/3 Thanks in advance.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Contributing Member

Re: Raced an Integra...

Originally posted by Fast1One
Before you start bashing about how street racing is stupid I KNOW. But I live in a very small town with a long stretch of road. It is very smooth and has good visibility for a bout a mile. Obvioulsly its still dangerous but at least im not doing it in town.
so you know street racing is stupid but you justify your actions by saying...

Originally posted by Fast1One
But I live in a very small town with a long stretch of road. It is very smooth and has good visibility for a bout a mile. Obvioulsly its still dangerous but at least im not doing it in town.

ur road can be 200 miles smooth, its still stupid.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:14 PM
Contributing Member

^^^ I told you not to start. But o well im doing it not you. Dont worry about what im doing. Just post to answer my quesion or dont post at all.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Contributing Member

heres a solution, sell your 240 and get a GSR then youll beat him.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:31 PM
Contributing Member

Uyy Your being a dumbass right now I wish you could see it. Your replies are pointless and uneducated. Im wasting valuable time by posting to you so Ill wont do it to anymore. Heres my suggetion. Go get a life instead of wasting YOUR time flaming me.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Contributing Member

fine heres the BEST advice i can give you after drag racing for the past 4yrs.

its all about the driver. there isnt anything you can do to your to to ensure a win besides mashing on teh gas, and shifting up. also pray he mis-shift
Old 05-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Contributing Member

^^^ Four years and thats all you could give me... J/K... This is the way ive been doing it (this is for an auto) Prepare for a simple brake stand. Left foot on the brake right on the gas obviously. Put it in neutral and rev it a little bit. After you release the gas youll feel your brake pedal go in deaper. That way you could rev it higher before your wheels start spinning. Stick it in drive. Let go of the brake pedal and gas it about 3/4 of the way until you start moving then floor it. Ive been doing it at about 2500-3000 RPMs. Any more and I start to burn out.

Last edited by Fast1One; 05-01-2005 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:56 PM
Contributing Member

yea after 4yrs of bracket racing.

for an auto i would put it in gear 2 or watever, the one all the way at the bottom you use to drive uphill, those are lower gears.

start there, do watever you wanna do to get started then start shifting up towards drive when you hit near red.

dont drop the N-bomb.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Contributing Member

Disconnect the plug by your airbox and your tranny will shift harder/faster.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Contributing Member

^^^Ive tried that. But I connected it again because I didnt know if it brought any negative consequences. Does it?

P.S. I know not to drop the N-Bomb LOL that can bring bad propblems to your tranny.

Last edited by Fast1One; 05-01-2005 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Contributing Member

I've heard it's both good and bad for the tranny, so I can't really tell ya. If you only do it for some racing now and then I can't see being that much of an issue.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:14 PM

Old 05-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by I'm with Stupid
I've heard it's both good and bad for the tranny, so I can't really tell ya. If you only do it for some racing now and then I can't see being that much of an issue.
im with stupid again haha

some say yes some say no. heres an easy solution. fix a switch to it and run it into your car with a button. when you wanna disconnect, press the button to disconect then race. press again or watever for connection. rig something.

but a better solution. take it off so then your tranny will break faster. another excuse to go MT
Old 05-01-2005, 11:03 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by silviadriver
but a better solution. take it off so then your tranny will break faster. another excuse to go MT
LMAO Nice try but this is my daily driver besides I suck at driving stick Besides the Besides Im lazy so I have an auto. Besides the Besides the Besides ( )One of these days or decades ill get a second 240 and do whatever the hell I dream I want to do . If you understood that post you can have a cookie. Ha Ha im tired and cant type or think worth ****
Old 05-02-2005, 12:04 AM
Contributing Member

torque (sp) breaking is the best you can do in an auto. you're all ready doing it. other than that a tb upgrade and built tranny will be the BEST you can do for launches. it isn't worth it though. costs too damn much.

BTW upgrading the tranny will lead to it shifting hard just like disconnecting the sensor like you did before.

Quick Reply: Raced an Integra...