General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

rear wheels bouncing pt.II

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 04:29 PM

The shop now says the shocks were defective without even putting it in the air, I persuaded them to go out on a test-ride. And they told me exactly what I already knew - "Yea the shocks shouldn;t be doing that" NO SH*T!.So I've been dealing with these guys, back and forth trips, nobody will lift a finger to help me out with the situation, the "salesman" who helped me showed up 2-3 hours late. So I finally talk to him after I've left the shop once again. So now he's offering me the 8-way adjustable kyb-agx's at what he says is cost. He says the difference between the tokico's and the kyb's in price all-together will be an extra $200 I'll have to pay. Is this worth it? After the tokicp's f'd up after a couple of hours I don't have much faith in them, granted the mech. could have just ****ed them up! There is a no refund policy after install so basically I'm stuck woth them for now. So should I go for the kyb-agx eight way adjustable's???? He says they will be at cost and he'll put on top rubber mount's for the cost price on them.GGGGRRRRR
Old 08-16-2005, 04:39 PM

Originally posted by onevia
The shop now says the shocks were defective without even putting it in the air, I persuaded them to go out on a test-ride. And they told me exactly what I already knew - "Yea the shocks shouldn;t be doing that" NO SH*T!.So I've been dealing with these guys, back and forth trips, nobody will lift a finger to help me out with the situation, the "salesman" who helped me showed up 2-3 hours late. So I finally talk to him after I've left the shop once again. So now he's offering me the 8-way adjustable kyb-agx's at what he says is cost. He says the difference between the tokico's and the kyb's in price all-together will be an extra $200 I'll have to pay. Is this worth it? After the tokicp's f'd up after a couple of hours I don't have much faith in them, granted the mech. could have just ****ed them up! There is a no refund policy after install so basically I'm stuck woth them for now. So should I go for the kyb-agx eight way adjustable's???? He says they will be at cost and he'll put on top rubber mount's for the cost price on them.GGGGRRRRR
If I were you I would play just as fair as he did. Say that you are coming down with the money, have the struts ready. Then I would go down to his shop with a BAT and some friends. Beat the living **** out of him, take the struts, and what ever else would look nice in my 240sx.
Plain and simple you were hustled, go fuC$ him up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sales *** hole that sold you the struts probably knew that they were already defective..... I find it hard to believe that both rear struts were bad at purchase. More likely B.S....

Last edited by BigVinnie; 08-16-2005 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:43 PM

$50 says theres nothing wrong with your struts!! I have Tokico struts and tein springs in my car. I had the same problem as your having. Who ever put your struts on messed up. I wish I had a picture from the fsm to show you whats not in the right place. Anyways, on the shaft part or the strut the is a "****" (kind of like a little self near the top). you need to have the large thick washer on this 1st. then put the dampner on next. I'm +ve this is your problem, even if your struts were no good they wouldn't bang over every little bump like I know yours probly are
Old 08-16-2005, 04:50 PM

So you have the Blue's jbash and everything's been cool? You're right they bounce all over the road. Did you have the same problem? STI motorsports in LA is the shop you do not want to go to! They hace mag pics of all the porsche's and sh*t they've worked on, with Ludacris and the like. I'm sure they wouldn't f*up his ride. It's like money talks with them. I almost feel discriminated against, I know that might be taking it far, but WHAT THE CRAP! I don't know. So should I just tell tem to replace my Tokico's and buy the new rubber mount's on top?
Old 08-16-2005, 05:27 PM

Man I gaurantee that they didn't put the rubber mounts on, the springs are already so short that they didn't want to waste there time trying to compress the strut cap to the strut with the rubber mounts.........
No way can 2 Tokico blues be shot to shiat, they are tested before they ship them to a dealer......
Old 08-16-2005, 06:19 PM

So I think I'll just have them replace the tokico's with the same one's less the kyb's. Would the kyb's be worth the extra $200? I think the tokico's are fine for what I drive. Day to day LA traffic/roads and an occassional mountain run or flirting with the drift scene. I know the positive of the blue's, better handling stiffer body. The negative's are that I'll feel every bounce on the road. What's you're opinion whomever has owned either?
Old 08-16-2005, 06:31 PM

I have the KYB AGX's and I love em no complaints here...

Old 08-16-2005, 06:54 PM

So the kyb's adjust the dampening level of say 'day to day' or 'autocross' but not the height,right ,that would be coilovers. I'm tempted to get the kyb's.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:01 PM

Originally posted by onevia
So the kyb's adjust the dampening level of say 'day to day' or 'autocross' but not the height,right ,that would be coilovers. I'm tempted to get the kyb's.
Pretty much, on setting 8 the dampener doesn't even move....
You can see in the pic I set mine at 7 just so it wouldn't be so stiff.
I have the tein springs and it rides great, you will probably be just as happy as I am since you have the sportlines.....
Coilovers adjust to dampening and hiegth........
Old 08-16-2005, 08:12 PM

how much did your kyb's cost BigVinnie?
Old 08-16-2005, 08:29 PM

Total I paid $360.00 for the set of KYB's. I paid $89.00 for the set of teins.........
Old 08-16-2005, 08:36 PM

That's a sick-hookup
Old 08-16-2005, 08:39 PM

Actually that is the average cost, the tokicos go for about $330. I paid $30 more to get them adjustable.......
Look on ebay they have the deals all the time.....
Old 08-16-2005, 08:39 PM

yeah, I'm gettin' ripped
Old 08-17-2005, 09:45 PM

ya I have the tokico's and they have been just fine. I don't need no fancy adjusters to screw with.

Quick Reply: rear wheels bouncing pt.II