General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Recliner Seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 12:51 AM
yhw

Recliner Seats

Where's the best place to get recliner seats?

Of course i want Bride, but i don't think i can afford it unless i find a killer deal. . . I am looking at Recaro Speed right now, the best deal i can find is $476, does anyone know of any other place?

Thanks guys~
Old 11-11-2003, 01:16 AM
Contributing Member

hey welcome to the forums! Are you looking for an online store or a local shop? If local shop, were are you located?

Try these online stores:

http://www.optauto.com/webstore/depa...ept=429&last=5

http://www.importfan.com/subcatmfg.asp?0=434&1=437&

http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?...Seats&vaffid=0

Also there is a huge seat guide in this months (december issue) of Sport Compact Car

hope this helps
Old 11-11-2003, 09:08 AM
Contributing Member

Tenzo R seats aint that bad, my friend has a pair of them in his car. They aint no bride or recaro but theyre nice.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:09 AM
yhw

Thanks guys ~ Thanks for your help.

Tenzo R, i actually thought of that too, cuz the price of getting a pair equals to one Recaro. I know they ain't comparable to Bride or Recaro; but i have never sit in one of them before, and to me~ (i do lots of driving) Thus the seat quality and comfort is quite important to me. Should I just blow all my cash on a single Recaro Speed or Bride Brix? =)

I am more leaning towards the Recaro Speed, haven't sat in one; but I do trust their name. . .

What do you guys think?
Old 11-11-2003, 11:22 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by yhw
Thanks guys ~ Thanks for your help.

Tenzo R, i actually thought of that too, cuz the price of getting a pair equals to one Recaro. I know they ain't comparable to Bride or Recaro; but i have never sit in one of them before, and to me~ (i do lots of driving) Thus the seat quality and comfort is quite important to me. Should I just blow all my cash on a single Recaro Speed or Bride Brix? =)

I am more leaning towards the Recaro Speed, haven't sat in one; but I do trust their name. . .

What do you guys think?
Ive sat in both of those, and bride is just...bride lol. its totally awesum, its a lot lighter then the recaro but the recaro is still nice fit. If you have the money go for the bride, i would totally buy one if i could. Ima go for the tenzo's, theyre not a bad seat and pretty damn comfortable for that price.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:03 AM
Contributing Member

yeah, but thats still some crazy money for seats. Bride's all the way baby! Myself, i'm gonna look for some black s14 seats.

Dr.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:02 PM
yhw

i really wish i could get my butt and try out all those seats!

Maybe i should go all out on a Bride Brix or something, since they are made for the Japanese market, it'll fit very nicely to skinny people like me. But the rail itself i think it cost $150 + !!
Old 11-13-2003, 12:10 AM
Contributing Member

If your ganna get a bride seat..you gatta get both. Looks kinda dumb when you only have one racing seat and the other is stock. It will cost you a good 2k after shipping if you buy it online and if you buy 2.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:13 AM
yhw

aiya. , a set of bride will sure cost me +2k USD! that's like half of an engine swap!! =)

If i get bride, i'd be a CHEAP. Only one seat! haha... and probably get like a Tenzo for the passenger seat. . .

Have any of you tried out the Tenzo Rally or the Type R ?

I asked someone they said they totally copied the Recaro / Sparco design, and they are very similar to the Recaro/Sparco. Is this myth true? Cuz if you look at the price, ~ $200 per seat, I could get within $500, that is pretty tempting if it seat nicely. .. Anyone experienced with this??
Old 11-14-2003, 07:08 AM
Contributing Member

I've heard of them. Ask your buddy if they fade after only months, thats what I hear about them. Gotta watch out if you're going cheaper seats. For that kind of $$ i'd rather rebuild my engine, heh.

Dr.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:00 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by yhw
aiya. , a set of bride will sure cost me +2k USD! that's like half of an engine swap!! =)

If i get bride, i'd be a CHEAP. Only one seat! haha... and probably get like a Tenzo for the passenger seat. . .

Have any of you tried out the Tenzo Rally or the Type R ?

I asked someone they said they totally copied the Recaro / Sparco design, and they are very similar to the Recaro/Sparco. Is this myth true? Cuz if you look at the price, ~ $200 per seat, I could get within $500, that is pretty tempting if it seat nicely. .. Anyone experienced with this??
They arent exactly like recaro/sparco seats but they look like them. On the comfort level..tenzos are like a 8 and recaros and sparcos ar 9.5. And im not to sure about the tenzos fading..havent heard that