General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

ripped off by ebay

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 04:50 PM

ripped off by ebay

I need info. i bought a nismo bumper off e-bay the 23rd of last month. the seller never shipped the item and i e-mailed like 20 times. then i filed a claim. paypal is currently waiting for a response from the seller. if he doesnt respont itll probly be in my favor. i was just wondering if anyone has ever not gotten a refund if it was in theyre favor. i was also wondering if anyone has any tips to tell wether the seller is BSor not besides feedback. thanks yall.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah. I got ripped off by some asian dude when I bought my first v3 Razr... Paypal refunded me as much as possible (after processing fee), and it was all good after that. A good way to tell a good seller is by description of the item, pictures (wether theyre stock or google photos, or actual item) their location and what payments they accept, and most of all pay attention to their grammar and overall neatness. If it looks sloppy and uneducated, I dont trust them.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:54 PM

i read somthin about the seller has to have buyer protection in order for you to get a refund but i really didnt understand it. every body i talked to who used paypal said they got a refund. i was wondering if anybody on here didnt get a refund while paypal decided in theyre favor because the seller didnt have buyer protection. also thanks for the tips man. the seller did have googled pictures now that i think about it. BUYERS BEWHERE OF ''arocarparts''!
Old 02-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Contributing Member

No buyer protection is something completely different.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:06 PM

oh. ok. ya ive been hearing i should be covered since i used paypal.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:09 PM

If they really are trying to rip you off, there's a chance that they've emptied/cancelled the account tied to their paypal, so in that case you wouldn't get anything back. Also make sure you don't let it go over 30 days, because paypal won't help you after that.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Contributing Member

if paypal doesnt cover you, your credit card company should. report a dispute, and file the paperwork. i bought some dvds off pacific rim years ago. they forgot one dvd and i called and emailed with no luck. decided to call up Providian. yay for excellent service (especially with platinum cards )
Old 02-11-2007, 10:04 PM

thanks man. that helps a lot. you happen to know how to file it with a credit card company, or do you go through paypal?
Old 02-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Contributing Member

look at the back of your card for the customer service number, or check your 'terms of service agreement' if you kept it. might be easier to go the credit card's website too.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Contributing Member

Its way easier to just call the credit card company first. I dont know why more people dont do that.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:29 PM

I've never had a problem with paypal giving me money back (all of it). Filing the claim is good enough, just be patient. Don't double claim with the credit card company, if they find out (and they will) that you made twice the money you lost (aka profit) they wont ever honor another one of your claims.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:14 PM

aw crap. i used debit. also the bumper popped up in my myebay account again as if i bought. also, the seller responded and said he gave me a refund so they closed the claim in paypal. now i dont have anything. and i dont know what to do. i contacted a few guys that left negitive feedback. they told me the same thing happened to them. I guess im screwed. do not buy bumpers off of ebay. now my account is ruined because theres a 180 bumper that says i ned to pay for it. I WILL NEVER USE EBAY AGAIN.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:46 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Jebman
If they really are trying to rip you off, there's a chance that they've emptied/cancelled the account tied to their paypal, so in that case you wouldn't get anything back. Also make sure you don't let it go over 30 days, because paypal won't help you after that.
Paypal has a policy that will allow you to receive either a full refund or as much of it as possible even if the seller cleans out his account. Paypal will send their collectors to get the monies back from them. Eventually, the feds will get involved on their side and well, Paypal gets the money back. Not to mention they will be commiting a federal crime by evading Paypal collectors.

Originally posted by girl's n sil's
thanks man. that helps a lot. you happen to know how to file it with a credit card company, or do you go through paypal?
If you havent done this yet (on Paypal website), it should be on your home page once you log in (into Paypal). They make the filing very simple. Just takes time. Sorry to hear you got ripped off though, it happens to a lot of us.

Originally posted by ryguy
Its way easier to just call the credit card company first. I dont know why more people dont do that.
If you have already filed with Paypal like SoupBA stated, the bank will consider it fraud on your side. Which means you will get nothing back period.

Originally posted by girl's n sil's
aw crap. i used debit. also the bumper popped up in my myebay account again as if i bought. also, the seller responded and said he gave me a refund so they closed the claim in paypal. now i dont have anything. and i dont know what to do. i contacted a few guys that left negitive feedback. they told me the same thing happened to them. I guess im screwed. do not buy bumpers off of ebay. now my account is ruined because theres a 180 bumper that says i ned to pay for it. I WILL NEVER USE EBAY AGAIN.
Notify Ebay of what the seller did and then head over to your bank, ask them for a transcript for the last 3 months. Or ask them for statements / transcripts starting from the month you paid this person all the way up to now, make copies of the transcripts and have them ready to be faxed or mailed to Ebay and Paypal to show proof they did not refund you. All you have to do at this point is rebutt what the seller says if its not true. It is a pain in the butt, but you have to really push for things in this situation. After you pull off this move, Paypal will go after them for an answer as to why you have not been refunded. Expect something like "I sent it in the mail via money order" or some crap like that. Not to worry, as Paypal will at that time tell them, its ok, we refunded the buyer and we expect you to pay us back for the amount refunded by us (Paypal).

Yes I know A LOT about this stuff. Ive gone through so much of this before. As long as you have a "paper trail" (ie Paypal, bank statements, etc.) your fine. Hope this helped out a little.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Contributing Member

good luck bro

i have had a few misunderstandings online with pay pal and eBay. but i was on them asap. when i buy i request information right away such as tracking etc.

i have been buying/selling major and minor parts from/on eBay since 2003. you have to read sellers info before you bid/buy

Last edited by Biggamehit; 02-19-2007 at 07:46 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:24 PM

damm. i thought e bay was easy. lol, the funny thing is, i also bought some veilside eyelids off ebay and they sent me kouki instead of zenki. how hard is it to look at a picture? ne way, thanks for the help. i learned my lesson.

Quick Reply: ripped off by ebay