General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Run in with Johny law

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 07:14 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by silviadriver
thats not an excuse to use parking lots at night time to practice. gather a lot of people together whom share the same interest as you, and orgainze something. ever heard of DDay? take a guess where people hold autoX? yea parking lots but its orgainzed. dont use a tracking being X distance away and nobody to help as an excuse because it can be done.
Or DGTrials? Or Clubloose? Those are both governing bodies that are run by the drivers. Just normal guys making fun events.

I have driven 14+ hours to go drifting for a day.

If you want it bad enough you will figure a legal way.

yea there are tracks here in CA, but what use is a track if something isnt orgainzed for an event?
It is still an outlet that is there. You have to admit it makes things a bit easier. No excuse to put others at risk but it is easier.

here in norcal, people organized events in parking lots. is it easy? no. is it expensive? yes. but thats why you rally people together, get sponsers to help and charage a fee to enter your ride.
It is not easy. Insurance is a great hurdle that most organizers have problems with.

Rally your drivers.

Contact an organization like DD, DGTrials, Clubloose, East Coast Drifters or Look Out Drift.

If you have a location and the drivers they will come down and run the event. We have done it before and it rocks. Talk to me on AIM if you would like some contact info.

More events will grow our hobby and that kicks ***.

ill continue to shoot people in the head until soembody tells me to stop, because it got away with it once.
Totally right. It is a shame but that is how people think.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:27 AM

Have any of you actually loked into these colors being more expensive? I don't know about your guys insurance rates but when I was under Allstate my adjustor said that the color and/or the tranny type had nothing to do with rates. And Insurance is the same from 18-25 in males, so it isn't just "dumb kids" it's guys showing off mostly that makes our rates higher. When my Uncle gets home I will see what he says about it, he worked for State Farm for eleventy some-ought years. Just giving you guys what I know...
Old 07-15-2005, 11:38 AM

who cares if someone goes out into an empty parking lot to go drifting its alot smarter than going out in the city and drifting and maybe getting in an accident and having it be ur own fault. props to guy going in the empty lot thats what i would do
Old 07-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Contributing Member

^^^ cant read, cus this was already explained why its BAD and STUPID...
Old 07-15-2005, 11:47 AM
Contributing Member

what i think the general thought behind that is "there's worse things you could do" And i agree. You could do a lot worse. But sometimes you just gotta make do with what you got... ya know?
Old 07-15-2005, 01:55 PM
Contributing Member

exactly... i'm not just going to sit around and look at my car and wish I could drift it... because I don't have the money to drive probalby, 6+ hours to drift track everytime I wanna drift... plus no one in this town even has a car that can drift.. they're like 5 240sx in the town and they're all ****ty... so I can't really set anything up... I'm not stupid about this, I don't go to a parking lot and drift around cars and people.. i use cones, and light poles sometimes... in an empty lot... how can that be "bad" or "stupid"?.. I just work with what I have... I hate when people try to act like their opinion is the only "right" and anyone else is wrong.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:19 PM

I do the same thing my friend set up cones "which we later had to go back and get"There were no cars or people within 500ft of the lot probably further.And im not sayin what i did was right but if its not right what makes it wrong and whos to say it is wrong.
One more thing i cant organize something ok for one thing a 16 yr old kid asking permission will recieve an automatic no and for another no one else here drifts.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:47 AM

Dude your in Warner Robbins, Atlanta is like two hours away absolute maximum, probably more like 1 1/2 hrs. DGTrials is hosting an event here next week. You can't say your too far away. The guys in Idaho and Montana can get away with that excuse but not you.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:30 AM

Let me know this earlier like when i signed up.Then i would have come up there.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:25 PM
Contributing Member

You guys are straight noobs, the color of your car doens't make insurance go up or down thats a myth. They base it on what other ppl do in the smae car not the same color. If you have a red minivan your insurance is way lower then if you have a brown 240.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:53 PM
Contributing Member

youre a super noob. A minivan will always be cheaper than a 240... and YES it does make a difference... which is why im not painting my 240 anything exotic or bright, because the insurance company said they wont insure me if i do... I called them. so suck a fat one you noob.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:24 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by down_shift
Dude your in Warner Robbins, Atlanta is like two hours away absolute maximum, probably more like 1 1/2 hrs. DGTrials is hosting an event here next week. You can't say your too far away. The guys in Idaho and Montana can get away with that excuse but not you.
Yeah.. there's no way I am even close to being good enough to go enter an event, plus I wouldn't want to, and I live in Idaho, so there's not really any events close by... I just go out in when it rains to have some fun... i'm not building my car for drifting.. it's just a little side thing to do.. that's why I don't want to drive to tracks or anything, it would be pointless.. I can't afford new tires all the time, that's why rain is good.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:13 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by LA_phantom_240
youre a super noob. A minivan will always be cheaper than a 240... and YES it does make a difference... which is why im not painting my 240 anything exotic or bright, because the insurance company said they wont insure me if i do... I called them. so suck a fat one you noob.
Who do you have for insurance Hillbilly Co.? My mom worked for many different insurance companies as an Underwritter and she wrote the policies about who would get what rates. Color doesn't mean **** and if thats what YOUR insurance told you then your a noob for being insured with them.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:06 PM
Contributing Member

maybe its different up north where people say "eh?" and "dont ya know?" after everything they say, but down here, where the insurance policy is under the "new orleans metropolitain" area, color matters. Red cars are more likely to be jacked in this area, cuz idiots can see vivid color better. Sucks that even though i live 30 miles from the big easy, i still have to pay insurance like i was. And FYI, i am insured through allstate.

Secondly, lrb, you made a good point there, not many of us have the time and resources to drift on a regular basis... or even on dry pavement... LOL. Not all of us can dumpster dive for used tires. I doubt that anyone here has a tire mounting machine. Not many of us have freinds in the tire shops who can hook us up. we are normal people trying to have fun. Okay, so its not exactly right, but i doubt anyone here would do much else in our shoes.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:27 PM

Lol rain is good.Nice and slick.And as of insurance goes we are getting an alright deal on mine and im goin paint it silver would that make it go down or somethin?

Quick Reply: Run in with Johny law