General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

s15?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 04:24 PM

look a dealership WON'T sell a car that isnt legal. thier is a way to do it. i never said i was going to buy a honda i said i could have bought a honda and had a faster car. read it again. as long as you have the title it is possible. it has to have work done on it to pass emissions, just like a skyline. by the way you have just answered your own ?, i skyline motor is also illegal, its no diffrent than an sr, america doesnt have the motor, but it can be legalized. you show me a hawaii law that specificaly states an s15 silvia can not be legalized and ill shut up, untill then quite being so negative. a b18c is legal because america had an integra type r. that is why they are legal. AGAIN IN BOLD IT CAN BE DONE!
Old 02-28-2005, 05:01 PM
Contributing Member

dude, your still not grasping the concept.

i said as of right now there is no legal way to get it legalized w/o crashing 3 cars and fixing it to meet standards. you musta missed that part. this is how the skyline got legalized. not only is safety an issue, but the motor was an issue as well. it was to be tuned to restrict smog

do you think i dont know the engine needs to be run down to pass emissions? all jdm engines are illegal till worked on. do you see anybody working to get it fixed and tuned? no. that is why i said it is illegal. people walk around thinking it only has to pass crash.

when did i say there is a hawaii law that a specifically s15 silvia cannot be legalized? you arent grasping anything from my post, your so caught up getting butthurt that this entire time i have been saying, it is currently impossible to make a silvia legal, and by going to the DMV [his friends] wont work.

no kid. a B18C from a GSR is different from a B18C from a SiR. the B18C is not legal just because there is a US type R. what you fail to realize is the Type R has a different engine. US = B18C5, JDM = B18C spec R. a jdm motor is not legal just because there is a counterpart to it. i guess the SR20DE from japan is legal because the sentra got a SR20DE too. different motor kid. SR20DE still has to be restricted to pass emissions to be legal,

i never said it cannot be done. i said it cannot be done now AND cannot be registered and get away with it.

Cliff Notes:
- take reading comprehension as an elective next semester.

Last edited by silviadriver; 02-28-2005 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:07 PM

i said show me a law that states that. the sr20de from a Q's is diffrent than a sentra...same code complete diffrent motor(hey,we agree on somthing,lol) i was refering to the usdm integra type r is the same motor as the jdm type r only tuned down to pass smog. the skyline motor is not legal in america although company's that have the licesnse can tune the cars down and change certain parts to meet and pass inspection. we all know it can be done with a skyline...it can be done with the s15 silvia. its not reading comp. that i need im stuborn as hell. and you have said multiple times that it cannot be done. if you have the title it can be done. most cars brought to the U.S. dont have titles and thier for are part/track cars.
and please dont call me kid.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:32 PM

I'm not here to put you down........But it won't happen man.....Not legally anyways.

Lets stop all this B U L L S H I T I N G, and say......................................

show me the car and title when you do it.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:33 PM

sorry for the start of this post.....never believed it would escalate into a post such as this one

this is the last post.....everyone take it easy, peace
Old 03-01-2005, 05:16 PM

sorry it did get a little imature. so allspooledup and silviadriver i am sorry..... i was just trying to prove my point and it got to me.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:48 AM

Originally posted by s13_peacekeeper
sorry it did get a little imature. so allspooledup and silviadriver i am sorry..... i was just trying to prove my point and it got to me.
as raine once put it, people here can get into heated debates, but as a community, Club240 members tend to avoid bull**** name calling, and i enjoy these debates because of that lack of immaturity.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:21 AM

what a waste of a thread....the SKYLINE was legal because SKYLINES can be legalized......the rules in hawaii are the same as all 50 states...i dont know why you guys are saying they are different. the 50 states are OWNED by the FEDERAL government. they will NOT allow illegal cars into the states for very long if they do get in....just keep your STi. or if you have some 50k and you want OOO AAAAAH factor get yourself a Ferrari 355......
Old 03-02-2005, 03:43 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah there is a reason you can import 2000 s15s for $9,000 because you will spend 2-3x times that trying to amke it legal. Just look what MotoRex goes through with skylines.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:49 PM
Contributing Member

Motorex is a rip off. they charge that much because they can. in actual it doesnt cost you 100K to have a legalized R34, it can be cheaper, and thats why RB Motoring is here. hopefully this whole legal issue from Motorex dies and RB takes over the market. better service better people.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:32 PM

can you take out a loan on a skyline?lol i would love to have an r32 gts-t. just simple and clean.....and its still a skyline!!lol
Old 03-03-2005, 07:53 AM
Contributing Member

wait... ALL JDM ENGINES ARE ILLEGAL? this is news to me... how the F do all the guys WITH sr20det swaps get pass inspection? actually, do all the guys driving around w/Silvia converted 240's drive around in illegal cars? If they're illegal why they still on the road?
Old 03-03-2005, 09:24 AM

wow... this thread will go on forever. a lot of people get away with a lot of "illegal" things.... it's always going to happen, unless you have someone monitoring every single thing that every person does in life....

i don't know how people get away with that in CA, but in MI there are no inspections, so i know i would get away with it.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:23 PM

yes......good ol michigan....
Old 03-03-2005, 03:09 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by CowboyTurbo
wait... ALL JDM ENGINES ARE ILLEGAL? this is news to me... how the F do all the guys WITH sr20det swaps get pass inspection? actually, do all the guys driving around w/Silvia converted 240's drive around in illegal cars? If they're illegal why they still on the road?
are you freaken serious???? u never knew jdm engines are illegal? hahahaha

why do you think when people sell those engines they say "FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY!!"

posted on Phase2 http://www.store.yahoo.com/phase2motorsports/test.html

** ALL MOTORS WE SELL ARE BASED OFF JAPANESE DOMESTIC MARKET ENGINES WHICH MAY NOT PASS LEGAL SMOG EMISSION TESTS NOR CAN BE USED FOR PUBLICH ROAD USE. PLS CONSULT LOCAL STATE/CITY LAWS FOR ANYONE PLAN DRIVE THEIR CAR ON THE STREET. OTHERWISE IT IS STRICTLY FOR OFF-ROAD USE ONLY! **
how do CA people get away with it? they know people. if you dont know people, dont swap.

Quick Reply: s15?