General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

The Scene in the US.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 09:17 PM

front wheel civic and my 240

if i wanna drift i take my 240, if i wanna drift a civic i drive it in reverse
Old 07-11-2003, 11:15 AM
Contributing Member

all in all it's a sport
it's fun....
and the guy who said the thing about building a car that handles and can beat up on hi-end cars...

alotta drift cars can
look at the suspension mods and power upgrades nicely put together driftmobils have.
since drifting involves percise steering and weight transfer......and enough power to spin wheels freely....

i think my car could beat alotta cars on the strights and in the corners

not a supra..but atleast a type-r caviler
Old 07-11-2003, 11:50 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by rudeboy

not a supra..but atleast a type-r caviler
Old 07-11-2003, 08:28 PM

This is long, but some of you need to read this:

hawaii guys have been activly drifting since about 1995 (as far back as i can remember)? Some of the cali guys even go back that far (Alex Phifer for one, even though hes from hawaii haha). I got into drifting in 1999 when I started watching Option videos with my japanese friends. I only started really activly drifting (a few times a week) 3 years ago. Do I think I'm a bad *** because I got into it way befor most of you? No... Hell I have Drift Tengoku magazines from back in 1996 or so when it was called Drift Club. Do I get irked and ***** about you newbies and the main stream who think they know a lot becaue they know who Keiichi Tsuchiya is, even though I knew who he was 8 years befor "everyone else" did? Nope... because thats just the way things go. Hell I'll even ask... do ANY of you know what im talking about when I say the Squid Rating system for the old Option and Car Boy dirfting videos? I'll wager its a big fat NO.

Some of you guys really need to lighten up. Drifting isnt about who can do what with what (unless your in a compatition), its about having fun. Are you guys saying you can and cant drift this and that because of what you have seen from Japan? Well news flash, they drift FF cars there. They drift American cars there. They drift ALLLL kinds of stuff there. Lambos, Ferraris, Semi trucks, Lotus, Ive seen it all. They even have a section in Battle Magazine called Chari Dori... bike drifting.

If you are gonna bash on guys for getting into things because its starting to get popular...then you guys are jerks who dont see the big picture. If the whole civic nation didnt get into "jdm" parts and make BIG companys bring in their stuff from Japan, then I would say about 80% of you guys wouldnt even know what a drift was nor would you have a clue about what the "JDM" market actually is. There isnt enough drift guys to even MAKE a market for companys to bring things in. We are just lucky that the big $$ guys with Supras, Civics, etc etc want "JDM" things other wise I dont think we would even get much stuff from Japan...period. Even befor that, way back in like.. 1994..if everyone didnt start getting into import tuing because of someone else, then there wouldnt even BE an import tuning market and would you have ever heard of HKS or Tein? Would there even be any magazines out about import cars if it wasnt for some kid who thought that the Prelude in the Turbo Magazine was cool and he wanted one?

All I'm really trying to get at is... stop *****ing. Just because you got into 240s and drifting a 2 years ago, and some guys are getting into it now, gives you no right to *****. Because just think, there are guys who got into it 5 years ago, and they are *****ing about people like you

Just have fun

Last edited by ChibaDrifter; 07-11-2003 at 08:33 PM.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:36 PM
Contributing Member

Very well put chiba
Old 07-12-2003, 08:34 AM
Contributing Member

Chiba you are the man. I don't know ****. I know like two guys names and have just like two videos.

But damn Drift is fun.
Old 07-12-2003, 11:08 AM

I would have to agree with gettin pissed at how "drifting" is suddenly becoming a trend, but I wont agree with the Honda bashing. I like Hondas but agree that they or any other FWD really dont belong at drifting or at trying to. In my defense i would have to say that when we took my 240 from my friends shop last night for a little test drive to sort some issues, most of the people that started with their drifting questions and if i was going to take it to the mountains were stupid little ricers with "shopping cart" wings and i will admit that the hardcore Honda guys that were there like the guy with the 14.4 times on his All motor D16 had some good things to say. Oh yeah the point I was trying to make: Drifting is becoming the fad and it sucks, Hondas are good fast cars but little stupid kids give them bad names, and last but not least !240's ROCK! so make sure you tell that to the little cavalier kid with his " drifter" style front bumper...
Old 07-15-2003, 05:45 PM

Chiba's right...I never read most of this post becuase from the topic I thought it was stupid. Sounds like anyone else wanting to make themselves look like they are above everyone. IF anyone indeed has been drifting for TWO YEARS and there are all these "dumb kids" now trynna make drifting mainstream, why doesn't he just lay back and let them see how bad *** he is. I would consider drifting becoming mainstream more of a blessing, its only a dream if one day we were even close to Japan and everyone knew about it and did it. More products, more parts, more publicity, more track time, more time to have fun drifting. Yeah some kids could mess it up by drifting in their driveway and killing someone and boom drifting is a death trap and banned everywhere. BUT if people weren't being *****es about it and encouraged kids in their civics and their cars to come out to the tracks and spend their money....we would all have a **** load of track time, maybe even tracks being built especially for drifting. The more people, the more money into it. Now that dragging imports is big, every friday night there are guys dragging practically....what if every friday night the tracks was full of drifting?!?!?!? I personally can't wait for that.

plus chiba's approach to this is right, I remember when he got the drifting magazine, he searched for it, and read it and laughed at somethings but didn't ***** about it. I would rather see some terribly done drifting magazine, then a bad *** magazine on how to polish your 19inch wheels for the next car show....
Old 07-18-2003, 09:41 AM
Contributing Member

Stan, Chiba, and Chikara all made good points (and i haven't forgotten bout u, Rude).
all that matters to me is that you have fun, learn, and don't needlessly endanger others. you got an FR setup car and can string together multiple corners without regaining traction? cool! you got an MR setup and can only get one corner @ a time? no prob! you got an AWD setup and you bust long sliding (or choku?) drifts? do ya thing! you got an FF car and can drag azz w/the best of em? more power to ya! whatever u drive and however u get down (not saying that only those kinds of cars can only do those kinds of drifting), enjoy... just don't be "Mr Dorikin Super Drift JDM Mad Tyte Stylez" in the middle of midday traffic on a public road and hurt/kill people (yourself included).

oh yeah, cheaper prices for parts and track time would da shizz!
Old 07-18-2003, 10:02 AM

I would have to agree with the more eloquent statements posted here, especially with the ones that say "do what you like, just don't do it stupidly."

I have a Honda (or Acura...whatever). I am just now becoming interested in drifting. Does this mean I would try drifting in my FF? No. That's dumb to me. And dangerous. Plus I value my car too much and if something happens to it, I'm poop outta luck.

I do however plan to start a 240 project. And I would like to try drifting a lil in a huge parking lot way into the night, but I would never attempt it on a public road.

And please don't hate Honda fans because of the ricers. I am not a ricer by anyone's standards, and it sucks that I'm being stereotyped. Can't we all just get along?

And WTF is up with people being so mad on internet forums? Try some therapy and come back happy with constructive things to say.

Last edited by DC2R Munky; 07-18-2003 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-18-2003, 05:31 PM
Contributing Member

I owned a civic and I think I am pretty cool. Then again opinions are like *******s everyone has one.

hahahhahahaa
Old 07-18-2003, 06:58 PM

no offense but I am tired of EVERY honda guy saying "stop dissing hondas, we arn't all ricers, we take 1.8liter engines into the 10's" and stuff like that. I know some honda guys and they are cool, I still love teasing them that they drive hondas...they don't mind they tease themselves because they know the general stereotype is civic = rice boy

I am asian, I take all the stereotypes related to asians and I laugh at them. I infact am the one always teaseing all my asian friends because I am one so it seems all right to joke around.

So don't need to give us your speaches on how "not all hondas are gay" just laugh at it and realize, if you don't want to be called a honda rice boy...don't GET A HONDA!!!!!!

get 240sx so we can call you a drift trend following ******!!!!! just j/k :-D
Old 07-19-2003, 12:11 AM

Originally posted by Chikara
"not all hondas are gay"
...but the majority are!
Old 07-23-2003, 01:42 PM

it's str8 what you are saying but I don't like some of you stero-typing people that drive civics,I have a Honda CIVIC Del sol and it's a fun car to drive, and it's by no means slow..not even the slightest,no I don't try to drift in my sol...and yeah now I've got a 240SX but all that talk about "the civic drivers this or the honda drivers that" isn't fair and it's just a sterotype..because I could say all nissan drivers were idiots that put everyone else's life at danger when they want to play around and drift on city streets while people are around,but that wouldn't be a fair thing to say would it? and to whoever made the comment about always being faster then a honda etc etc....there's always someone thats faster then you
Old 07-23-2003, 07:09 PM

hmmm i know exactly how most of you feel when you talk about the 'new drifting sensation' i personally enjoy the small audience that once was, the value of driver skill rather then 'oh i got this so and so car, i can make it look like it can drift' and what not, not cool in my perspective. i enjoyed the days when you talk to that one other friend and talk about dritfing and friend number 3 comes in and say's 'wtf do you want to slide your car for?' its true with the popularity of the old anime 'initial d' it will get even more crazier with more people 'posing' hopefully those same people will realize that drifting isnt a poser sport. sure one can argue its also a spectator sport, true, but as long as that same spectator isnt going around all cocky and saying he can drift like takumi...then its fine...as you can see my main grudge is those posers, which as one can suspect there are a lot of in the car scene...

i honestly did not like my first experience into a mainstream drift competition....maybe because i had to pay! ahh well.....

Quick Reply: The Scene in the US.....