S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   General (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/)
-   -   Sea Foam Wonders (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/sea-foam-wonders-11599/)

Traxx2K_1 04-09-2004 10:19 AM

Sea Foam Wonders

1 Attachment(s)
Sup fellas,

I don’t know if any one has already posted on the effects of Sea Foam on your vehicles engine... but id like to help out and explain the procedures for noobs and experts.

> Visit your local Napa Store and purchase 3 bottles of sea foam.

> When your gas tank is near empty (less than a quarter left) pour a full bottle of Sea Foam through the gas tank and fill your car up with fuel (full tank). I recommend using High Octane fuel at least for this cleaning.

> Pour another bottle through the oil cap (on top of your engine) but allow your engine to be a bit cool when doing this. You engine might shut off while running or stopping at a light before you get to your home…. Don’t worry, it will happen but you will make it home… just hurry.

> If you’re already at home when you poured the 2nd bottle in, let your engine completely cool, and pour a THIRD of the of the last bottle through the vacuum hose.

>To see where the vacuum hose is look at pictures.

> Use a fine long funnel to pour the Sea Foam Liquid thought the hose, allow your engine to breath while pouring it. (That means go-slow)

> FOR THE NEXT STEP DO NOT BE SCARED…. Now you have to start the car after you have plugged the hose back in place. Start your car and let it naturally shut off. Attempt to turn it on again while giving it some gas, Your pistons are now lifting the fluid from every part of the engine to clean its self.

> Go easy on the starting of your engine, so you don’t mess up your ignition or any thing, because it will not start for a few seconds. When it finally starts. Slow gas NO REVING. SMOKE WILL BLOW FROM YOUR ENGINE AND MASSIVELY OUT OF YOUR EXHAUST. Let your car idle for 15 minutes until no smoke blows out of your exhaust.

> While your car idles, you can rev it a little but no more then 3,500 RPMs. Im not sure if it can mess up your engine. I do know that while your engine is cleaning and forcing it self, the RPMs can’t be good for it.

> Repeat the last 2 steps until you empty the bottle.

> I recommend changing your oil and the filter.

> Now all your internals are clean and your fuel injectors. All the fuel injector cleaner fluids don’t do crap. I strongly recommend this product to clean your engine. YOU WILL NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE.

Traxx2K_1 04-09-2004 10:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
More detailed picture on location of Vacuum Hose

drnovascotia 04-09-2004 10:46 AM

Seafoam has been covered like a mofo at NICO, I reccommend it highly. Good job on that.

Dr.

-HyJynX- 04-09-2004 11:30 AM

Nice little write up:thumb:

Traxx2K_1 04-09-2004 12:55 PM

Hey Moderators,

I have the video of my car's reactions to Sea Foam.... hahaha how can i post it...

Traxx2K_1 04-09-2004 12:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I forgot to add the last pic

-HyJynX- 04-09-2004 01:35 PM

First you need to upload it to a site, then post the link here.

U_NeeKz 04-09-2004 05:23 PM

can some1 post a link to a online store which sells this product, cuz I never seen any store that carries it where I live(on a little Island).

Ps. a video would be awesome.

element 04-09-2004 08:36 PM

you can host it on imagestation and then link the video url so we can download it

-HyJynX- 04-09-2004 08:47 PM

Originally posted by U_NeeKz
can some1 post a link to a online store which sells this product, cuz I never seen any store that carries it where I live(on a little Island).

Ps. a video would be awesome.

Google my friend

http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUpTechGas.htm

crimsontide240 04-09-2004 09:58 PM

my engine didnt billow out black smoke....it just had little puffs of white smoke for about 2 minutes

chuy 04-10-2004 12:17 PM

I did the fuel and the oil still wondering wich hose it is for certain for me to do the last part. I ran my car for a couple of days before I changed my oil and I had alot of the gookieness came out of my oil pan so you might want to get ready to change it more then once.I like trying out these products and this is the best that I have found yet.

guy 04-12-2004 05:02 PM

what year was that pic of? I have a 93 and I don't have a vacuum line in that area. Can someone let me know where the vacuum line is I need to use on an s13?

chuy 04-12-2004 05:35 PM

Well I just finished running Seafoam through the vacuum line and got white smoke but it took a while just to get to that point. I let it run for 5 minutes at 3500 RPM then let it idle for another 5 minutes. I let the suction pull the Seafoam through the motor. Im still awaiting my plates so I couldnt tell you if anything happened yet.

Traxx2K_1 04-12-2004 07:14 PM

My car is a 98 240sx

I'll try and post the video asap.

Just tryed.... i thought one could only post pictures on imagestation.. i know becuase i have a photo album there.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287501641