General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

so my wheel flew off on the freeway..seriously.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 12:14 AM
Contributing Member

so my wheel flew off on the freeway..seriously.

so i put my new wheels on and everything was cool, it looks great. very very exciting indeed, so i took the car to go get some mexican food.

heres a snap when i parked in front of the restaurant, these photos are not by any means photoshoot pics btw lol

Name:  enk02.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  86.1 KB

so it drove fine to the restaurant, but when i was driving on a big circle on ramp to the freeway it felt really weird, loose maybe? it made a few noises and i denied it like "oh it must be the car next to me" and **** like that, until there were no cars left around me and i kept hearing it and thought to myself "i should pull over and check it out." then BAM, my rear left wheel makes a clunk, im riding on 3 wheels and my rear is sliding around! luckily though no one was really around, i slowed down and casually pulled over to the side and watched my wheel roll and bounce on the freeway for about half a mile as a few cars carefully swerved out of its path. So after i got it, i also found my sideskirt piece, and a single wheel lock, out of 4 that i lost. apparently i forgot to retighten that one wheel.

Name:  enk03.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  87.3 KB

and i was riding on this rotor for i dunno... 30 feet?

Name:  enk04.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  59.0 KB

my rear was really low with one less wheel

Name:  enk05.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  39.3 KB

tow guy came, i borrowed a hammer to bend one of my studs back into place, put my wheel back on with one wheel lock and took it back to my house

Name:  enk06.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  33.3 KB

Name:  enk07.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  37.6 KB

bent the rotor's dust shield back into place, put the wheel back on, everythings in proper working order now. im glad the wheel didnt hit someone and nothing bad really came out of it but seriously though guys, it was funny. lesson learned, quadruple check the nuts

Name:  enk08.jpg
Size:  121.5 KB

Name:  enk01.jpg
Size:  162.5 KB
Old 04-17-2007, 01:19 AM
Contributing Member

yea fool. thats common sense. im not too sure if posting pics of mio-san on a public forum is a good idea.

just kidding baby girl, im glad youre safe and alive.

not really.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:27 AM
Contributing Member

yeaup.... it happen to me before at at like 1am in morning..... front left... tire almost took a street lamp out...

luckily there was a tuner shop still open by the name of MidAtlantic motor sports and they had a pair of studs laying around... so i swapped them in and was on my way... had to wait about and hour and my buddy in his new skyline Gts-t bought them to me,, cool night lol
Old 04-17-2007, 05:53 AM
Contributing Member

Jeez Henry dont scare me like that!
I thought that poor S12 Was gonna wipe-out majorly!
good to see your A-Ok.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:02 AM

Wow, that's too bad. Glad you (and your baby) didn't get hurt!
Old 04-17-2007, 07:11 AM
Contributing Member

I feel your pain man, that's how I broke the stud on my left rear wheel, I stopped before the wheel came off but the stud had snapped. Forgot to tighten that same wheel like you did. That car is still ultra sweet and we're glad nothing else really bad happened to you. Chock it up to a lesson learned and move on. Those wheels look tight on that S12 by the way.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:05 AM
Contributing Member

damn i was so worried when i was reading this.

thank god nothing major happened. i think weve all experienced something in this fashion hahaha.

Ok so jared was cutting his springs and me and my freind tim were over there, starving so we were rushing him. so we threw everything back on trying to get to hong kong city before lunch special ended. So were driving down the street rollin 3 deep in teh coupe. here this weird clunking noise i look out the pass window. i see his whell wobeling around like a crazy man. im like DOOODE lmao stop. we get out and there is 1 or 2 lug nuts still on. so we spend like 15 minutes walking up and down the street looking for the missing lug nuts. ended he only screwed them on by hand never tightened them.....ZOMG it was funny. I will never let jared live that one down.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:16 AM
Contributing Member

hahaha, just to get to hong kong city... wow.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Contributing Member

the girl in the pass. seat looks kinda cute?
Old 04-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Contributing Member

hahah thanks for the experienced support you guys im glad nothing seriously wrong happened that day, and the girl in the passenger seat is my gf, she thought the wheel coming off was more funny than i did
Old 04-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Contributing Member

yea cuz Mio-san is a G, and youre not.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Contributing Member

ouch, low-blow.... low-blow!!!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 02:33 PM

My mother actualy had a problem like that where she took her car to merchants tire. to have the tires replaced and they forgot to tighten all the lug nuts and the wheel went bouncing across the street while in mid turn. It sucks. it will do alot of damage. all it meens is Sue sue sue
Old 04-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by zenkislider
damn i was so worried when i was reading this.

thank god nothing major happened. i think weve all experienced something in this fashion hahaha.

Ok so jared was cutting his springs and me and my freind tim were over there, starving so we were rushing him. so we threw everything back on trying to get to hong kong city before lunch special ended. So were driving down the street rollin 3 deep in teh coupe. here this weird clunking noise i look out the pass window. i see his whell wobeling around like a crazy man. im like DOOODE lmao stop. we get out and there is 1 or 2 lug nuts still on. so we spend like 15 minutes walking up and down the street looking for the missing lug nuts. ended he only screwed them on by hand never tightened them.....ZOMG it was funny. I will never let jared live that one down.

lmao when i first saw the thread title i new you were gonna post that, lol but glad that s12 didnt get hurt. oh and glad your ok too yarou lol.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Ayuaddict
yea cuz Mio-san is a G, and youre not.
OOoooOO burn! lol.

Quick Reply: so my wheel flew off on the freeway..seriously.