General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

some jerko at MObil

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 08:51 PM
Regulate

some jerko at MObil

My dad was driving my car yesterday (he told me this)and he went to get gas at a local Mobil station. So my dad doesnt drive my car that much and he accidentally popped the trunk instead of the gas cover thing. Well, the guy pumping the gas starts knocking on the gas cover and my dad doesnt hear him. So he goes and slams the trunk closed REAL HARD. My dad gets out and was kinda pissed and says, "YO,why'd you do that? You could have tapped on the window or something."

Then the guy has the nerve to get angry and was like, "GO GO!" (he was an indian guy) waving for him to get out of there. My dad was about to fight him but was like, screw it and left. Not like he was gonna let this guy pump his gas anyways. So he drove across the street to the Shell station and filled up there.

What a bastard. Lucky for him it was my dad and not me cuz I probably woulda gotten out and snuck him one in the face.

Sometimes I forget to pop the gas cover and all the other attendents just politely tap on the window and say the covers not open. This dick has to try and break my car. Why does NJ have the stupid law that we can't pump our own gas?

I'm tempted to next time I need to fill up to pull into that Mobil station and park, them when one of the guys comes up I'll say, "Oh wait, nevermind, I don't want to get gas here cuz u treat your customers and their cars like crap. I'm going to go across the street, thanks." THen I'll proceed to do so.
Old 07-29-2002, 10:49 PM

I was intrested in the story until i saw the "New Jersey gas pump whatever law". You have got to be kidding me what the hell is the point of that law.

Statik
Old 07-29-2002, 11:01 PM
Nzo

Hah you cant pump your own gas? wtf? Anyway, bad busness is bad busness, they dont make money with service like that.
Old 07-29-2002, 11:54 PM
Contributing Member

you can't be serious..its a LAW that you can't pump your own gas? i wish we didn't have to here...its hot as ****
Old 07-30-2002, 05:34 AM
Regulate

Yeup, New Jersey and Oregon (last I heard) are the only states in the country, and probably the only places in the world where you're not allowed to pump your own gas. There is NO self serve stations anywhere in this state taht I've seen. It's really dumb. I bet you at least 50% of the population here doesnt know how to do it. I've only done it once myself. Go figure.
Old 07-30-2002, 06:15 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by rbboyl
I bet you at least 50% of the population here doesnt know how to do it. I've only done it once myself.
how hard is it to pump gas?
Old 07-30-2002, 11:21 AM
Contributing Member

I go to Jersey all the time and I am now noticing that all the Gas stations over there are full service. WOW, how stupid is that. I only like to pump my own gas and have no one else touch my car, and when I'm there they insist on doing it, and never did they tell me its the law. What a retarted thing. And I would hit that guy so hard it wouldn't be funny.

BTW, did we really need to add the race of the gas station attendant in the story.
Old 07-30-2002, 11:31 AM
Regulate

Yeah, sorry, it wasnt necessary. Just wanted to give a visual I guess.
Old 07-30-2002, 11:34 AM
Nzo

Whats wrong with having the race in there? Not like he was lying or something.
Old 07-30-2002, 11:57 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Nzo
Whats wrong with having the race in there?
i didn't think anything was wrong with it either
Old 07-30-2002, 01:46 PM
Contributing Member

Well the reason is this: that sterotype with indians and gas station. Does it always have to go together? Was it a condescending remark( I see that it wasn't, but get the point)? I am Indian myself(actually West-Indian but thats a different story) and I do not show the factor of being a dummy/retard and just portrays it in a wrong sense. Its just a politically correct thing not to have a race in there and this way it doesn't offend anyone or put someone in a group in which they don't belong.

Just what I believe, Listen to It or not.
Old 07-30-2002, 03:18 PM
Nzo

No, indians and gas stations dont always have to go together but they commonly do. Thats what stereotypes are about. People just hate to admit that theyre true. No offence.
Old 07-30-2002, 03:34 PM
Contributing Member

Long...Cliff Notes at the Bottom

I almost ripped the head off of a gas attendant the night after summer slam in NJ. I pulled over to put some gas in the car. It took 14.20. The guy came over and started clicking the gas until it hit 15.00.

I heard something spilling when he yanked the gas fill out of my car. I looked in the side view mirror and saw liquid spilling all over the ground. I shot out of the car and got to see what happened.

He spilled gas all over my rear quarter panel and my passenger door.

I flipped. I screamed at him, "What the **** are you doing *******!"

His reply after ripping into him was that it happens all the time. I used the windshield cleaner to wipe down the side of my car after I poured the bucket of liquid over my car. I paid him the 14.20 and was close to loosing it.

Gasoline does some scary **** to your paint if left on there.

The attendants in NJ seem like all attendants (sorry), porters, car jockeys and valet parkers. They Don't Give A **** about your car. They rip the car up. Sit in it when it is cold out. Smoke in the car. Cruise with the car when the shop is closed. Use the car to go home.

That is why I don't let anyone drive my piece of poo. If it is going to break I am going to be the one to break it.

Sorry for the long post.

Cliff notes NJ gas attendants suck. Gas all over my car. StanBo Flips. Don't trust anyone with your car.
Old 07-30-2002, 05:50 PM
Contributing Member

you are correct there is no self service here in oregon
Old 07-31-2002, 07:51 AM
Contributing Member

"The attendants in NJ seem like all attendants (sorry), porters, car jockeys and valet parkers. They Don't Give A **** about your car. They rip the car up. Sit in it when it is cold out. Smoke in the car. Cruise with the car when the shop is closed. Use the car to go home."

that isnt necesarily true man ... i know its sterotypical like the indains and gas stations.... but i hate sterotypes... its all bs in my opinion... i myself am a vallet parker... and ill tell u that i take care of the car as if it was mine.... there would be absouletly no way i would want to damage it in anyway or sit in it, or drive it home, or smoke in it.. i respect things that are not mine... well i know u didnt mean it to sound harsh or offending .... but some vallet parkers do care about other cars !

Quick Reply: some jerko at MObil