General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

still need help:(

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 12:15 PM

still need help:(

I have a 91 240sx.... Like i said before.... I took it to get the clutch slave cyclder worked on and now, the car is misfiring
and runs like crap. I gave the shop the benifit of a doubt and
changed the wires and plugs, nothing.... Any other ideas....

should i just take it to a shop to have them looked at?

would really like an idea or any suggestions..

my suggestion is to go burn down the shop..

help me,
Jay

600 dollars and my car is running like helll....
Old 12-12-2003, 11:30 PM

First, this shop owes you at the very least a car that runs as good if not better than when it left the shop.

Talk to the manager, make sure he knows exactly why and when you brought it in first, what was done to it (bring your receipt or a copy of it), and what is happening now. Don't get irate with them...if they're not jackasses they'll appreciate a calm customer. You may want to have the manager briefly evaluate the car himself. If they're worth their salt they'll offer to repair the new problems with minimal extra cost. If they don't comply, try again, and if that doesn't work, you should probably talk to whoever is above the shop manager, and try to get a refund on labor. If that fails, your next step is probably to have another shop diagnose it and give an estimate, then find a lawyer. The lawyer will be able to tell you whether or not you have a case. Sue em, report them to the BBB and find a better place to get your car fixed.

Secondly, what shop did you have the work done at and what all did they "fix" on your car?

Remember don't get angry, confrontational, or violent. That won't help you.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:25 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah if it's a respectable shop, talk to them and they'll work something out. You shouldn't come out of a shop with your car running worse than it was coming in. That's the whole point of the shop being "a shop" Heh!

Old 12-31-2003, 03:42 PM

yeah, i agree with raine, unless this is like an under the counter deal where they have no legal record of you being there, theres no reason why they shouldnt fix the damage theyve done or else thered be no point in taking it to a shop...