General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Street Racing.......

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 04:00 PM

Street Racing.......

Im doing a paper on it for school....please answer these questions for me...

1) What do you think about it?

2) What should be done?

3) What should the consequences be if caught and what are they now where you live?

Thanks
Old 07-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Contributing Member

1) What do you think about it? its interesting, but sad how its been explotied beyond belief

2) What should be done? not really sure myself, make it to be somehow safer...as impossible as that may seem...

3) What should the consequences be if caught and what are they now where you live? if caught your car should get impounded...and thats pretty much the law is now here in Los Angeles,California, plus i think a hefty fine, not sure how much

Thanks
Your welcome
Old 07-07-2004, 07:10 PM

i think that
1. it is very dangerous but yet very addictive, i agree that it has been distorted and glamourized way to much and will probly eventually end up being a passing fad for the kids that just do it cause paul walker and vin diesel did, and as for the real hardcore people, it will always exist someway somehow.

2. that people should think more before just stomping on the gas to show off and that parents shouldnt buy their kids super fast cars right when they get their license, and as far as legalities go, i think that it shouldnt be discriminated against just because you have a import and all the domestics should be treated the same, i hear stories all the time about people with nice stangs getting pulled and getting complimented and let off, but not always true their not invincible either.

3. impounded, ticket, depending on situation, speed and how the race happened.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:27 PM

1) fun

2)make poke'mon popular again

3)a slap in the head for not taking it to the track and waking ppl up @ 3am in the morning. And... a ticket or somethin.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:58 PM
Contributing Member

1. a good rush
2. try to keep it on the tracks
-hefty fine
-car impounded
-licence revoked
-imprisonment

san diego, california
Old 07-11-2004, 01:49 AM
Contributing Member

1. Been around for a while but didn't become so neagative until kids started doing it irresponsibly.
2. tougher enforcement (by other racers, make it seem like it isn't the thing to do)
3. hefty fines; It should be judged on the situation instead of a blanket punishment
Old 07-11-2004, 04:20 AM

Before you read what i say, Remember I live in Onatrio, California. People die here from street racing often. Its on the news.

1. I think its stupid. Majority of the people who are involved are immature kids with zero respect for property, personal or otherwise. Street racers around here run lights, cause un-neccessary accidents, and are majority of them are overall jackass drivers, and this is at normal times of the day.

2. Street racing should be shut down, and confined to legal tracks. Dont have money for it? Too bad. Your stock d16 CRX (with custom muffler) can stay at home where it belongs. Cops are already cracking down here pretty bad, but they could do a lot more.

3. In Ontario, you lose your car if caught. THere are also fines, and possible jail time. So i think thats adequate punishment if applied within reason.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:38 AM
Contributing Member

It'll always exist somehow, some way.

2) What should be done?
SLD and CA Speedway "amateur drag days" are great... give racers a place to run without having to fork over their whole paycheck (er, or allowance).

3) What should the consequences be if caught and what are they now where you live?
I think the impound rule scared a good number of wanna-be Paul Walkers, but like I said above - no matter what the consequences, people are gonna still do it. I dunno... how about 2 month suspension along with the impound?
Old 07-11-2004, 02:31 PM
Contributing Member

- I think that street racing scene is pretty tight when in big city`s cuz u see alot of nice cars liek supra`s and rx-`s pushing over 500hp, btu there are alot of power ricer racer meet ups, well what im tryna say is the next town over everyone meets at starbucks and it was tight before all the ricers found out about it and where peeling out in the parking lot. I think street racing is ok when cept in a small group of non-ricers, cuz rice kills in cali, and ruins it for all of us. Like just keep a small group of people you know and do it for fun. I dont street race in huge groups, only with my friends and people I know in a designated area, thats the smart way to do it, and its still dangerous that way.

2) What should be done?
-street racing is never gonna die, I think the strips shouldnt charge 20 for one run, then alot of people would go out, the reason most people street race is because of the adrenaline rush of speed and chance of getting in trouble so thats why it will always live.
3) What should the consequences be if caught and what are they now where you live? if ur caught u should get ur car impounded and have fines, not jail, thats just wrong. But if you kill some one by running them over its ur own fault and take fault for it.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:59 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by ryan15
the reason most people street race is because of the adrenaline rush of speed and chance of getting in trouble so thats why it will always live.
I'll agree with the adrenalin rush, but who's dumb enough to say they street race because of the chance of getting in trouble? If they want a chance to get in trouble, then do a 2 minute burnout in front of a donut store.

I think the main reason why there are street races is because of the not-so-easy "legal drag racing" that costs $$ just to get on the track vs. ease of access to what you need in public. Find a straight road, go race - that's it.

Sorry just wanted to comment on your answer, because I never, in the 7 years I was going to the midnight races, ever went there because "wow I wanna see if I get in trouble". I was there to race, and not get caught doing it
Old 07-11-2004, 07:11 PM
Contributing Member

no I was saying thats part of the adrenaline rush, that there is a chance u can get caught, I agree with you 100% though on everything u said, its all acurate.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:36 PM

Re: Street Racing.......

the races out of the blue, those are cool. its been around since Teenagers were able to drive, since the 50s. it'll never go away. the hype will die though. thanks to Biker Boyz and Torque.

2) What should be done?

Fix the roads. the roads in some areas are horrible. like San Diego has some ****ty roads. but they also have Race Legal every other week. that really brought down the number of Street Racing incidents.

suspended license. impound cars with illegal parts? hefty fine for those w/o cat. converters? I dont know.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:58 AM

well, again, like everyone said, it's all because of the Paul Walker wannabes. No matter what, street racing will always exist. Sometimes, I think people just lack maturity and respect for other people. I'm only 16 but I've been interested in cars ever since I could remember, playin the games to brother and cousin getting into cars.

2) What should be done?

Try and encourage the people to race on the tracks where it's legal and safer. If you don't have enough money for the track, well then too bad, life ain't fair.

-Fine

Thanks
Old 07-14-2004, 11:36 PM

1. over rated but fun w/the right gear

2. open up more places where people can really race for free like a track w/a city setting if that makes ne sense.

3. I think that there should only be consequences for street racing if sumone gets stopped/hurt/killed. and you ahve your car impounded and a huge fine, and grounded 4 life.

good luck on the paper and hope this helped
Old 07-18-2004, 06:40 PM
Contributing Member

Dude, all you have to do is rent the movie The Fast and The Furious

Just kidding

Quick Reply: Street Racing.......