General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

super hicas

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 11:22 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Darren337
i wonder, how does HICAS work exactly... i mean, is it electromagnetic or hydraulic or sumthin else? theres got to be a way to reverse the effect it has so it helps the drift instead of hindering it. reverse the hydraulic flow, or the EM polarity...
computer-controlled hydraulic system. Some people ghetto lock it by setting their front wheels straight and then unplugging the HICAS computer, but that's not the right way to do it.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:02 AM

thats to deactivate it the sad way, but couldnt you swap the hydraulic lines to cause the opposite to happen?

instead of helping it grip, wouldnt it theoretically help it slide?

while not a very good analogy, im working off the idea that if you have an FR car with solid rear axle and you flip the axle over (right wheel now on the left side) the car will now drive forward in reverse and reverse in any forward gear.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:31 PM
Contributing Member

thats to deactivate it the sad way, but couldnt you swap the hydraulic lines to cause the opposite to happen?

while not a very good analogy, im working off the idea that if you have an FR car with solid rear axle and you flip the axle over (right wheel now on the left side) the car will now drive forward in reverse and reverse in any forward gear.
Dude, read up more and research on how HICAS works before you come up with ideas like that. Theories are better when they originate from facts, not assumptions
Old 02-09-2005, 02:35 PM

every search i do i pull up threads like this, hicas vs no hicas.

i wish more **** was like this

http://www.freshalloy.com/site/featu...nes/home.shtml

no dragging thru a thread to read what people CLAIM to be fact. these guys have it together.

someone prove me wrong that HICAS does not have one of these SOMEWHERE
Old 02-09-2005, 07:56 PM

Super HYCAS isn't bad it is just added weight to the vehicle. If you look at the curb weight of Super HYCAS s13's they are the heaviest model car in there class, and the slowest in the quarter mile. Added weight is horrible for drifting.
Don't get me wrong hycas is great for a V8 infinity Q45's, my brother spins some sick donuts in his 1990 Q45, but not for a 4bangin 240 that is designed for lower curb weight, and quarter mile times.......

Last edited by BigVinnie; 02-09-2005 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:10 PM

Not to rip on you but Raine is right....... Super hycas is hydralic steering to adjust and correct over steering. Stabilizing the rear from what is a correction in drift, drifting and donuts are still possible you just have to swing the steering wheel really fast before HYCAS correction fixes the situation.
Super HYCAS changes the pitch and angle of the wheels to put it BLUNTLY..........HAHAHA I used the word BLUNT

I hope you don't edit my post Raine, all mighty savage of the club240........

Last edited by BigVinnie; 02-09-2005 at 08:31 PM.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:27 PM

Originally posted by l2aine
computer-controlled hydraulic system. Some people ghetto lock it by setting their front wheels straight and then unplugging the HICAS computer, but that's not the right way to do it.
The correct method is to completly remove all Super HYCAS hydralic components and it's cheesy ecu. But then it would also cost alot to install and get a plain suspension. Sounds like HYCAS 240 s13's just need to go turbo........

More power easier control.

Last edited by BigVinnie; 02-09-2005 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Contributing Member

What of what somewhere? BTW, remember this is a small board. It's mostly used for basic info and discussions. These boards are used as a means of discussion to come out with new and better ideas.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:03 PM
Contributing Member

every search i do i pull up threads like this, hicas vs no hicas.

i wish more **** was like this

http://www.freshalloy.com/site/featu...nes/home.shtml

no dragging thru a thread to read what people CLAIM to be fact. these guys have it together.

wow relax dude... just wondering, have you ever driven a HICAS-equipped car at the limit?
Old 02-09-2005, 10:31 PM

never driven a hicas car, but i was just theorizing on its possibilities. i understand its original purpose, and how it works, but i was just pondering the idea of "modding" it. and dont worry, raine, im relaxed. just kinda gets me down when every one goes "search" after you already did and came up with everyone running around on circles. and yes vinnie, i did search other boards. but oh well, if no one wonders about the possible fun (or chaos) of cross wiring the hydraulics on a HICAS system, then so be it.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:17 PM
Contributing Member

Be the first to try it then.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:27 PM

im gonna need a hicas 13 first, which probably wont happen. oh well.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:27 PM

HYCAS is great for cars with extreme HP, think of how easy it would be to make a correction in steering, or "NOT" have HYCAS and hit a wall....
Old 02-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by BigVinnie
HYCAS is great for cars with extreme HP, think of how easy it would be to make a correction in steering, or "NOT" have HYCAS and hit a wall....
It doesn't work that way...

BTW, I've driven a HICAS car before.

Vinnie what's with the spelling LOL
Old 02-10-2005, 01:45 AM

Originally posted by l2aine
It doesn't work that way...

BTW, I've driven a HICAS car before.

Vinnie what's with the spelling LOL
LOL..... Sorry man I'm kickin it hard, was up till 4 in the mornin with my friends girlfriend if ya know what I mean.........

But if HICAS "notice I spelled HICAS right this time" adds additional weight to the car wouldn't you wan't a high HP ride anyway? When I drive my bro's Q45 the steering feels OH! SO smooth..............
So isn't the steering better? I think it is. Just not for a light curb weight 240, "unless of course with a 4bangin turbo".........
But yeah I could still be a dumba$$ and hit a wall anyway, "I know what ya mean", I just over exagerated how smooth I thought the steering is........
Darren don't take any of us personal it's just the FORUMS........
Where all a bunch of nissan lovin' ***** FU@#as'....
LOL...........

Last edited by BigVinnie; 02-10-2005 at 01:57 AM.

Quick Reply: super hicas