General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

a swap in the near future

Old 02-07-2009, 04:27 PM

a swap in the near future

well, the last time i posted to you guys, i had my s13's ka torn apart. and its still basically in that position in my parents house in new jersey. with me going to school in arkansas, there really is no way for me to put in the time to rebuild the head on my ka. i kinda dont want to build it back up too. i want a swap. i have about 3500 from saving dough here and there and maybe uncle sam will help me out too. anyway, my question is could i realistically get a blacktop sr s13 swap, diff, coilovers, and exhaust and have pretty much a basic stock swap? ive always wanted an rb but they just seem to expensive and the rb20 seems like a dinosaur due to its age. not saying the rb20 is poor or inadequate, i love it. i just want a newer motor and perhaps a simpler one to work on. im kinda lookin for a sweet set up/ parts list thats obtainable if i stretch my budget just a lil bit.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:35 PM

i agree about the rb20. there are 3 places in NJ that you could take a look at for sr's...Japanese Engines in Paterson, JDM Engine Depot in Kearny and JDM Engine zone in Clifton. just to give you an idea their swaps run from like 1600- 3000, the 3g one is from paterson which is a complete front clip. check those dudes out they all have Ebay stores.

so is your koop manual? because if you had a tranny laying around, uncle sam might be able to help me help you to get some extra $$$ (hint hint)
Old 02-08-2009, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Die Trying
i agree about the rb20. there are 3 places in NJ that you could take a look at for sr's...Japanese Engines in Paterson, JDM Engine Depot in Kearny and JDM Engine zone in Clifton. just to give you an idea their swaps run from like 1600- 3000, the 3g one is from paterson which is a complete front clip. check those dudes out they all have Ebay stores.

so is your koop manual? because if you had a tranny laying around, uncle sam might be able to help me help you to get some extra $$$ (hint hint)
uhh uhhhh. If hes sellin a mani tranny i want it. hahaha.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:02 AM

yeah well i live 20 minutes from him. tell you what, ill race you there.whoever gets there first wins
Old 02-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Contributing Member

damn u guys lol i kinda miss jersey u guys must think its somthing crazy to say from a guy in miami but i grew up there its where my childhood is and i cant stand living somewhere where 75-80% of the population does not speak english...

anyway yea i was Born and raised in North Bergin my uncle still lives there hes a firefighter.

man i miss it. anyway i might go visit my grandma in the summer she lives in Elizabeth.

yea sorry for going offtopic lmao anyway yea Dark redtops can be had for $1600-1800 and if you wana do the wiring but not sure how drifting.com has a dvd on how to do s13 SR into s13 240sx wiring. they also have a swap dvd if your also not sure on doing the swap yourself.

just do it oh btw i know they got emissions in jersey if the SR passes emissions test will it be ok? i know they can in stock form but not sure if they will say its not original engine.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:27 PM

im not worried about emissions. the car is registered in arkansas and has arkansas plates. i just want a swap thats decently reliable and pretty much stock. im wanting an fmic kit (idk how the ebay kits are), a stock clutch kit, 3" exhaust, water pump, stance coilovers, motor mounts because my ka mounts are shot after 174,000 miles, and an lsd of some kind preferrably kaaz. stupid things like a silvia front and 5 lug swap are later. it has to run good first. as far as my tranny, i actually have 2 KA mani trannys. one is still in my car, the other is in my garage and is my friends. i gotta make sure again that he wants it sold still. im fairly confident i can swap in the sr. the wiring is sketchy to me. i might have someone do it. maybe ill say f***it and ill do it myself.

Last edited by Darkvillin; 02-08-2009 at 02:28 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 02-08-2009, 03:01 PM

yeah well i live 20 minutes from him. tell you what, ill race you there.whoever gets there first wins
oh damnit. well thank god i just installed a rocketship to the top of my 240.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Nickmerrone
oh damnit. well thank god i just installed a rocketship to the top of my 240.
oh perfect...then i guess you dont need the tranny i dout it will be a direct bolt on to the rocketship engine

and thats kinda funny battosaii because ive had my heart set on moving to florida for the past few year! im sure its because i hate winter

and Dark can you check into the trans for me? i need to do a swap sometime soon because my car doesnt go into reverse anymore
Old 02-08-2009, 03:36 PM

oh perfect...then i guess you dont need the tranny i dout it will be a direct bolt on to the rocketship engine

and thats kinda funny battosaii because ive had my heart set on moving to florida for the past few year! im sure its because i hate winter

and Dark can you check into the trans for me? i need to do a swap sometime soon because my car doesnt go into reverse anymore
oh yeah direct bolt up, i already checked, it bolts right on the the hypermobobber. mmmhmm. hahah
Old 02-08-2009, 03:45 PM

i'll sure as **** check into the tranny. u gotta bring that fine lookin s14 around bayville tho when i do my swap. and i live in a cul-de-sac so u can just swing around... no reversy. lol. ill be home for the summer in may. in ground pool, liquor, motor swap...the life. anyone with any pointers on the ebay fmic's tho? do i need a massive *** front mount if i wanted a front mount and not a side mount?
Old 02-12-2009, 07:24 AM

i find it hard to believe that nobody on here wants to add there $.02 or suggest anything at all to me. this will be my first turbo car. im semi clueless. haha. hook a brother up.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:52 AM

Well I have heard good and bad. The bad things that I have heard are fitment issues with the piping and minor trimming will fix the problem. A lot of people run ebay fmic without a problem. I say go for it and when the time comes and you need somthing more efficient get a quality core.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:01 AM
Contributing Member

I have an ebay FMIC on my car. It is rather large (thats what she said) but it works good.

Oh yeah, had to remove front bumper support to get it to fit. HAHAHAHA
Old 02-13-2009, 05:20 PM

im not sure if i want a huge fmic. my bumper is already cut out like yours. but im not really a huge fan of how that looks. especially since my car is gold. your car is red and looks better than a gold car anyday, anytime. lol
Old 02-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Contributing Member

you dont have to cut your bumper like that to make it fit. you just have to cut the inside.

not extremely big but you will get the idea from my car. Ebay just like Smokes

Last edited by Biggamehit; 02-13-2009 at 05:34 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: a swap in the near future