S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   General (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/)
-   -   Time to blow up scats phone lines.... (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/time-blow-up-scats-phone-lines-28302/)

BigVinnie 12-22-2005 04:58 PM

Originally posted by 4evrdftng
http://www.importperformanceparts.ne...ts_nissan.html

This site does alot of cool **** check it out guys.

That stroker kit is a piece of shiat and decreases rev. NO it's not cool to hijack a thread with worthless info.........

4evrdftng 12-22-2005 06:34 PM

yeh like me or you would know...i was just showing something i saw related to the thread. i have read most of this forum and you instigate the most sh*t to alot of people.

Fast1One 12-22-2005 07:44 PM

^^^Not really related....240sx owners want to INCREASE revs not reduce them smartass...KAs already have plenty of torque...

BigVinnie 12-22-2005 08:53 PM

yeh like me or you would know...i was just showing something i saw related to the thread. i have read most of this forum and you instigate the most sh*t to alot of people.
I don't instigate, I tell it how it is, if you don't like it get the F#CK outa here. We have known about that stroker kit for over 7 months.....
Did you buy that stroker kit? Does it work for you? If not no need to mention it!!!!!! Smart A$$!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: I don't mean to sound like an a$$hole, but I am not an instigator. I am trying to start a new trend for people that JDM swapping isn't always the route people need to take in order to achieve high rev and power. My goal is to learn with all of you (how to increase rev without lowering 2.4litre displacement), which is a very hard concept to work with, but is achievable.
When I spoke with Paul (NISMO) I saw that there is life for the KA. Those fully counterweighed cranks rev to 9000+ RPM without disturbing to much harmonics, and rev to 11,000 rpm when they are in the air. I am speaking about the core and GT class that use these high reving KA's, and carry a base HP output of 350BHP+ in natural aspiration ( which is something that won't even come close to being achieveable with a HALFWEIGHTED STROKER). I am insulted that you brought up that stroker kit (if you would of searched it has been mentioned numerous times with nothing but bad comment's). Sit back, read, and learn before commenting, or if you want to talk about a low rev stroker, thats fine but atleast take the initiative to start your own thread. After all I am talking about a high rev counterweighed crank, while you are talking about a HALF A$$ED stroker crank with LOW rev.....

4evrdftng 12-22-2005 09:23 PM

well since no one makes internals for ka24e thats the best bang for your buck...unless you want something that your talking about and end paying triple the price for not only the nismo crank but all of the custom made internals for the sohc. i didnt sign up to this forum to argue with people, i just came to talk 240, thats it. thanks for the info about the decrease in rev, didnt know it.

BigVinnie 12-22-2005 10:07 PM

well since no one makes internals for ka24e thats the best bang for your buck...unless you want something that your talking about and end paying triple the price for not only the nismo crank but all of the custom made internals for the sohc. i didnt sign up to this forum to argue with people, i just came to talk 240, thats it. thanks for the info about the decrease in rev, didnt know it.
I'm going to go off topic really quick so that hopefully we can get back on without any misconstrude information.
The SOHC has just as many interchangeable parts as the DOHC (because technically they are the same engine, with a different valve train). The only difference is in the piston dish surface, and the way the pin assembly makes contact with the rod to piston. But SOHC assembly to DOHC assembly can be interchangeable and vice versus. The SOHC valve train is archaic with it's lifter assembly, but devious KA can sell a solid lifter assembly for $300, which would allow less friction and more movement of the valves.
ALL KA cranks are the same, coolant passages are the same, the front covers are different from SOHC to DOHC, but can be converted VICE VERSUS (to put it bluntly they are both the same engine with minor changes. You can even interchange OBD to OBD1 ecu's amongst the the KA's in SOHC or DOHC (the only difference is OBD1 uses a knock sensor that can be modified to SOHC). You can find all this out and boat loads more information using the SEARCH key.......

Now back on topic.