General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Venus Auto ****ING sucks

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 10:51 PM

Venus Auto ****ING sucks

i bought an SR20DET red top from them and i do the whole swap then i dive about 3/4 worth of gas and then boom the ****ing thing like blows up or something. black smoke every were, loud knocking noice, stalls and wont even start now. Im telling you this so you do buy from Venus ****ING Auto i hate them ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Old 05-31-2003, 09:23 AM

Re: Venus Auto ****ING sucks

Originally posted by cjm93240sx
i bought an SR20DET red top from them and i do the whole swap then i dive about 3/4 worth of gas and then boom the ****ing thing like blows up or something. black smoke every were, loud knocking noice, stalls and wont even start now. Im telling you this so you do buy from Venus ****ING Auto i hate them ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
I hope you have proof to back this with..
I have and DO know a few whom have a suit pending because of slamming business' on the Net and NOT having the proof.
F.Y.I.

It is Called Malicious Slander and Defamation.
Do be Careful..
Old 05-31-2003, 01:34 PM

i was planning on maybe buying a motor from them, i havent heard any bad nes from them untill now. what warranty do you have??
Old 05-31-2003, 01:45 PM
Contributing Member

hey man that sux bout the engine. i hope my front clip is 0k, im praying it is!
Old 05-31-2003, 05:29 PM
Contributing Member

I have heard some negative thing about Venus before, which is why I bought from Phase2 , but I don't see how exactly they're at fault here. You buy a SR from anybody and it's a gamble. All these importers can say is it has compression, there's no garantee on whether it's in good condition.

Last edited by I'm with Stupid; 05-31-2003 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-31-2003, 06:53 PM

my grandfather is in Japan right now, (Tokyo)....what are the chances of him finding an sr clip and havin git shipped here?? or am i just better of going with one of these vendors?? how about parts?
Old 05-31-2003, 08:39 PM
Contributing Member

When u say Venus Auto... is it the Venus Auto located in Sacramento CA??? Please let me know asap, I'll tell u in more detail if it is the Venus Auto that Im thinking of at the moment.

PM me if u want to...
Old 05-31-2003, 09:25 PM

yeah, im pretty sure hes talking about the one in calif. I was getting an rb25 from them but decided to go with an sr and buy it locally. good thing i guess.....
Old 05-31-2003, 09:57 PM
Contributing Member

If its the Venus Auto from Sac, I know them personally... and I can tell u that the motors they carry are in the worse condition ever... majority of the motors they have come in cheap cause they've been burned out badly. The S13 conversion kits come cheap from them, but thats bout all that I'll buy from them... the motors from them are a huge gamble.

cjm, PM me... I'll see wut I can do for ya about the blown SR. My cousin ran into a problem with them on a honda B18 he helped a customer buy... crank burned out on his customer on a major highway during rush hour...
Old 06-01-2003, 08:04 AM

i bought my sr half cut from them(venus auto) and have put over a 1000 miles on it since two weeks ago and it runs great.....i cant B@*ch at all. good luck getting your car back on the road
Old 06-01-2003, 08:21 PM

Re: Re: Venus Auto ****ING sucks

Originally posted by Spec240sx
I hope you have proof to back this with..
I have and DO know a few whom have a suit pending because of slamming business' on the Net and NOT having the proof.
F.Y.I.

It is Called Malicious Slander and Defamation.
Do be Careful..
I don't think you have that much to worry about. I'm a law student so when I read that I was curious if there have been any rulings so I looked it up. It's a tort so its governed by state law so the elements can vary from state to state. And as far as I know there have been no proved case of a negative posting on the Internet ruining a business.

Not that this has anything to do with the actual question, but I'm a law student nerd and figured I'd chime in
Old 06-02-2003, 03:52 PM

ok guys the place that i brought my car to said that it is a crank shaft bearing and i dont think those should go out in a week. if anyone else has experienced this i would like to know.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:43 PM

i got to thinking about the bearing thing and i realized that when i first started the motor i heard a ticking sound but i just thought it was the turbo because this is my first turbo car but now i know what it really was so maybe i do have a chance at getting some of my money back out of this to get it fixed.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:29 PM

that really really sucks man... i'd be terrified to death if an engine blew up on me... i just keep getting the feeling that my car is gonna blow up any time soon...
Old 06-02-2003, 08:31 PM

why is that is it make funny sounds also?

Quick Reply: Venus Auto ****ING sucks