General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Venus Auto ****ING sucks

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 08:36 PM

if i remember right, venus has a 30 day start up warrantie on there motors.....dont be shy, get on the phone and say something.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:15 PM
Contributing Member

like I said b4... the motors Venus gets most of the time are in poor condition, they were not well maintained by whomever owned the car in Japan... I rather make a trip down to Phase2 and do an SR swap (if I ever go back to SR swap plan...)
Old 06-04-2003, 02:02 PM

one major thing to check when you are buying a sr motor...or any motor for that fact is the oil pan. From what I have heard the sr20 motors can lock up if there is even a little dent in the oil pan in a certian spot. so that is allways something to look at
Old 06-04-2003, 03:55 PM

if u where smart and doin a SR swap you would buy a high flow oil plan cuz the stock one is extremely small and can easily sieze your engine do to a small dent
Old 06-04-2003, 07:38 PM

well smart *** if venus wouldnt have sent me a meesed up engine no of this **** would be happening.
Old 06-04-2003, 08:57 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by cjm93240sx
well smart *** if venus wouldnt have sent me a meesed up engine no of this **** would be happening.
chill.... some of these guys do sound like smart azzez, but they know somethings or 2 bout this stuff...

hope things wrked out w/ venus about the motor...
Old 06-12-2003, 07:00 AM

have a camcorder handy!!!

when i received my bb motor for my front wheel drive sr20det. the oil pan was dented the guy said it happen in transportion. i said okay i recorded him saying that and him putting the motor in my truck. and noted on the video that the pan has a dent on it

he said don't worry about it and said if it will make you feel better we will send you another one. and it is on the way right now. i was dealing with soko motors i payed a little more but have peace of mind. but then again haveing a camcorder does help.

some people would say anything to make a sell but once you have them on tape they may think twice about what they are saying.

but i have nothing but good things to say about soko they have been very helpful in getting my swap done.

and always pay with a credit card and have a copy of the invioce and delivery date for warranty purpose's.

some companys will pay you no mind if you do not have any of these for warranti purpose's.

Last edited by LONEWOLF; 06-12-2003 at 07:03 AM.
Old 06-13-2003, 08:54 AM

u didnt check the bearings before you put the motor in? what exactly broke?
Old 06-13-2003, 01:41 PM

they are sending me a nem motor but without the turbo and intake manifold and other things that bolt to the block and head so i am happy now but i still dont think i will buy anything from them again
Old 06-13-2003, 01:44 PM
Contributing Member

at least they are sending u a new motor, good luch with evrything
Old 06-27-2003, 02:24 PM

I have a question, did you get a hold of Venus before posting on this forum? I noticed that a lot of people post their anger at different companies way before they even bother getting in contact with that company and trying to figure up a solution. Secondly, I'm sorry to hear that your engine blew, but you can't directly blame venus, I mean you are taking a chance in purchasing a used engine. I mean if you wanted something that was in near perfect (which I'm sure many of us do), we are definately looking in the wrong area. (Not to mention the price range). I mean do you really think that the Japanese would let their engines go at such a cheap price, considering the high demand in the states, I highly doubt it. I just wanted to say that before stating negative information about any company, try to reach them first, if nothing can be done, then it's a different story.
I'm sorry if I sound like an *** but that's they way that I feel
Old 06-28-2003, 09:23 AM
Contributing Member

Actually, to tell u the truth about Venus, they rarely ever pick up the phone... They are know to sell bad motors, and people complain about it to them and they dun want to replace the motor, but since they're selling the motors, they have to replace it. I have dealt with Venus before and still do (I only get external conversion parts from them now) it is a serious pain to try to get them to answr the phone.

Now, on the other part, the Japanese dun care bout the motor anymore because they junk the whole car after 3 years. Every 3 years, u have to pay taxes on ur car... and in this case taxes cost practically as much as a new car, so wut they do is take the whole car in, junk it, get $ for it, and buy a new one (my friends r from Japan, they think we pay too damn low of registration and tax on our cars) Thats where the motors come cheap, some of them r well taken care of, and the owner would rather buy a new car with the $ he/she would be paying on taxes. Others, are less fortunate and drift into a telephone poll...

All in all, try to go to a shop, get to know the peeps there, "be friends" and see how they're motors are, if they're cool, bug em for hook up!
Old 06-28-2003, 01:54 PM

I would recomend projectsilvia.com. As for Venus, I got my clip from them. The turbo was bad, but they hooked me up in under a week. They had the clip in stock. So basically, by going through them, I saved over $1000 and about a month's worth of waiting. I don't see how that's so bad
Old 06-28-2003, 11:22 PM

Im thinking about getting my Sr motor at srswap.com anyone know how good they are?
Old 06-29-2003, 09:24 AM
Contributing Member

They're very good, if you can afford it.

Quick Reply: Venus Auto ****ING sucks